Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

I miss being pregnant so much

(8 Posts)
Pyjamaramadrama Mon 29-Jun-15 21:20:13

I don't know whether it's normal to feel like this.

Beautiful ds2 was born 2 weeks ago, he's lovely and healthy, I had a dream pregnancy, I love him to bits and actually felt that instant love when he was born, yet I miss being pregnant so much and get tearful when I think about it.

Even though I adore the baby I am tired and do find the newborn stage a bit monotonous, I have an older child and find him easier as we can chat and laugh and he's good company. I also worry terribly about them as babies.

I miss my bump, I miss the kicks and the feeling of never being alone as I always had my baby safely tucked inside me, I miss having an excuse to eat whatever I want and be lazy, I miss maternity clothes and how easy it was to choose what to wear.

I feel a bit like the anti climax you get after Christmas, which is awful as I'm so lucky to have a healthy baby boy and still so much to look forward to, but I loved excitement and anticipation of waiting to meet him, buying all his things and watching baby programmes, reading up on labour and birth.

I think it's also because I know I won't be having anymore so I'm sad to think that was the last time I'll be pregnant, I breastfed for the first week then stopped so that's just another way ds is detached from me.

I wish I could shake the feeling off has anyone else felt like this?

dinoswore Mon 29-Jun-15 21:40:54

I nodded all the way through your post. In fact, I would suspect myself of having written it if it weren't for the fact I have DDs and the youngest is 3yo now.

No advice - except it will pass. But lots of sympathy. And massive congratulations on the birth of your DS2. flowers

MadAngryGnome Mon 29-Jun-15 23:45:08

I do miss the company of my bump and the little kicks and wriggles etc when I'm out and about, although I know in the last stages of pregnancy I was dying to have my body back to myself. I felt sad packing away my maternity clothes too.

Pregnancy is an amazing experience despite all the aches and pains, I don't think it's weird to miss it.

MadAngryGnome Mon 29-Jun-15 23:45:58

And congrats on your lovely squishy newborn! thanks

MegMurry Mon 29-Jun-15 23:52:15

My youngest is 13 and I still sometimes miss being pregnant! Especially if I look at photos.I also miss breast feeding.

I think it's such a special time that's over in the blink of an eye.

avocadotoast Tue 30-Jun-15 00:01:26

It is difficult. I felt a bit like a deflated balloon after I had DD. I love her so much but I kind of miss that closeness of having her inside me.

I remember saying to DH just before she was born that for all the end of pregnancy was knackering, at least baby was being looked after and fed and all I had to do was heft myself around!

Roseybee10 Tue 30-Jun-15 02:42:33

Omg I could have written this. I think I did write this actually!!!

I never missed being pregnant after dd1 was born. I was desperate to get her out and never really wanted to do the pregnancy thing again, it was just a means to an end.

However, when dd2 was born I felt devastated afterwards. I couldn't look at bump pictures or pregnant women at the shops without bursting into tears, I cried when getting rid of my maternity clothes and found it much harder to bond with dd2. I also stopped BF after a week or two as we had lots of issues with latch and tongue tie and then nipple confusion. I never really tried BF with dd1 so I never felt like I had 'failed' at it.

It does get easier. Dd2 is almost five months now and developing a right little personality and we're becoming good friends. She had reflux as a tiny baby too and the first three months were hell as I never felt that feeding bond even with bottle feeding but it's gradually getting easier the older she gets and she's going through a 'mum' phase which makes me feel like she needs me and wants me and that helps with the bonding.

Hugs. It's so much harder with my second than I thought. Most people told me the second was easier so I was totally unprepared for these binding issues. X

Pyjamaramadrama Tue 30-Jun-15 12:26:21

Thank you all, that's a bit how I feel, like a deflated balloon.

I'm also sad because dp has gone back to work now and it's gone so quick.

I hope that it passes soon as I feel so horrible with ds snoozing here on me.

I think that this pregnancy suited me as I didn't miss awful periods I found myself in a good mood all the time, my skin hair and nails were nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now