Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

I can't feel it when I need a wee til it's desperate.

(5 Posts)
Dogprobs Mon 29-Jun-15 17:37:58

I gave birth almost 5 weeks ago, had no issues with urinating so I thought. But I've just realised that I go the loo once in the morning about 7am then don't go again til my husband gets home at 5pm or even later sometimes. I don't realise I need it til I'm desperate, or sometimes I just realise I haven't been in a while so I go and do a massive wee! Is this normal at this stage? I'm ebf and drinking a lot of fluids but maybe I need to up them? Thanks in advance!

Roseybee10 Tue 30-Jun-15 02:44:49

It was normal with me both times for a couple of weeks. Pelvic floor exercises definitely helped regain sensation. If you still are not feeling much in a week or two I would mention it to gp at your 6 week check.

chumbler Tue 30-Jun-15 22:09:06

this may have happened to others but it's not "normal", you definitely need more fluids if you ebf and you should speak to your hv at least

Retti Wed 01-Jul-15 09:53:14

I have this almost two years after giving birth. Convinced it is a bladder prolapse but had two drs say its not. I know its pretty common after birth but if you do pelvic floor exercises it goes back to normal - but saying that I did my pelvic floor exercises religiously and here I am further down the line with issues. I am having an ultrasound at the end of this month to see if it picks any prolapses up. Defs worth a chat with your GP though.

Xx

Dogprobs Wed 01-Jul-15 13:13:03

Thanks I've upped intake in the last few days and done more pelvic floor exercises and needed a wee earlier today already so think I was a bit dehydrated tbh. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now