Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

is this normal

(7 Posts)
daisychain1991 Tue 23-Jun-15 13:45:33

Hello all, I gave birth 13 weeks ago.
At 8 weeks post partum I had what I thought was my period. It only lasted an hour though and was very light. Last week I had the same and again today.
I am also having terrible hot flushes and night sweats. Is this normal? I am concerned but don't want to go to go if its all natural after giving birth!

Lonz Tue 23-Jun-15 20:02:42

Would you be able to ring your GP surgery just to ask for advice or even a midwifery unit (they'd know better) Mention the hot flushes.
To be honest I never really paid much attention to any bleeding afterwards, I just waited for it all to stop. It's a pain in the arse.

daisychain1991 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:33:44

I probably should, just don't want to feel I am wasting there time. I bled for about a week after then stopped so when I had a bleed at eight weeks I just assumed it was my period.

Lonz Wed 24-Jun-15 22:03:16

Don't worry about wasting their time. You have a concern that you want addressed. It's their job.

Maybe not call a midwifery unit actually (they'll be on duty waiting for women in labour) but I'm sure you'd have some midwife's number in the Red book?

Roseybee10 Thu 25-Jun-15 15:45:48

Could be a thyroid issue. Best to get it checked x

worserevived Fri 26-Jun-15 08:19:15

Might be an infection or retained products - best to go and see your gp.

daisychain1991 Sat 27-Jun-15 15:07:15

Thanks all, I will book an appointment first thing Monday. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now