Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postpartum Hair Loss

(3 Posts)
snowydrops Thu 11-Jun-15 19:46:11

After DD1 who is now 3.5yrs I suffered from quite bad hair loss around my hair line, most noticeable at the front. My hair is quite fine anyway so it looked pretty rubbish and I felt horrible! It's just about grown back and bowDD2 is 3 months I am just waiting for it to happen all over agin...

Has anyone found anything that improves or reduces it at all? I am willing to splash out for some extensions along the neck hairline but it doesn't solve the baldness around the forehead which last time was pretty severe!

Roseybee10 Thu 11-Jun-15 21:29:38

Mine has started now (4 months post baby). I'm hoping to god it isn't as bad as with dd1. I ended up with stress and anxiety at work after Mat leave and that made it fall out more. I was almost bald at the sides.

I'm using a sulphate and silicone free shampoo and conditioner and having regular trims and trying to only wash my hair every 3-4 days and only use heat products on the day I wash it. It seems to be helping a bit although still losing a fair bit.

snowydrops Fri 12-Jun-15 04:32:54

Thank you, I'll invest in the shampoo...anything is worth a try. First time around I had a very stressful birth lasting 3 days...this time is was ELCS which I think overall was less mentally stressful. For that reason I'm telling myself it might notbe so bad...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now