As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Exercise after c - sec - where do I start?

(3 Posts)
snowydrops Sun 17-May-15 10:31:38

I had an ELCS nine weeks ago, recovery has been harder than I thought but I'm now not feeling too bad. The only thing that causes any issue (it seems) is to have tight jeans on close to scar tissue, but other than that I feel pretty good.

I need to lose almost a stone, I'm not big but have gone from a small Ish size 10 to easily a size 12! All weight is around my middle.

Any tips of what to start with at the gym / at home? I can go to a class and thought Pilates and aqua aerobics might be good to start with? Are there any workouts anyone would recommend yet at home? I'd imagine I would only get 20 mins here and there as have another DD too so bit busy with two kids!

I'm trying to reduce calories but am hungry as still BF so that's hard!!

Booboostoo Sun 17-May-15 11:48:07

I've had two CSs and I think you need to listen to your body and do what feels comfortable. I started simply by just going for longer and longer walks with the buggy, then at 6 weeks I rode my horse but very gently and at 12 weeks I started Pilates.

TheABC Sun 17-May-15 11:57:59

I started with gentle walking and then went on the mutu course when I was not so knackered! It's great as the work outs are home based and you get dietary advice too. Www.mutusystem.co.uk.

TBF, if you are breastfeeding, you may get a helping hand from your baby with the weight loss. Mine did, but it really speeded up after the six month mark - he was on solids and still took me down a dress size!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now