Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

4th degree tear - appointments and witch hazel

(2 Posts)
weaselwithin Sun 03-May-15 01:32:47

I had a 4th degree tear with dd 5 weeks ago and been using witch hazel since then. I seem to be healing well and have an 8 week gp pp check up and 12 week consultant - is it right that I wait so long to be checked? I feel fine apart from farting all the time blush

also how long did you use witch hazel for??? it has only just occurred to me as just finished the bottle!

Lonz Sun 10-May-15 21:08:58

I had an episiotomy and 2nd degree. I carried on using tea tree oil and salt even after I was healed. Because I was conscious of it all and wanted the best possible recovery grin
I think I used it until I felt like it was comfortable enough for me to just sit down.

I had a 6 week check. No other checks after, except when I had problems with scar tissue and went docs. Only other checks I had before were when the midwife came round for home visits and I asked her to check me everytime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now