Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Embarrassing!!!! Advice please

(9 Posts)
Lizzy86 Fri 24-Apr-15 10:24:41

So I had my son 2 weeks ago and had 2nd degree tare. Had to take antibiotics for infection, seems to be getting better but my down below doesn't feel the same. It's like the stitches didn't do anything and my parts are ruined hmm scared of the thought of my husband seeing it like this. Can I do anythin speak to anyone about mending it properly?????

madreloco Fri 24-Apr-15 10:25:31

You need to give it a lot more time. 2 weeks is nothing at all.

Lizzy86 Fri 24-Apr-15 10:28:09

I know 2 weeks is nothing but the stitches have fallen off and the tare hasn't mended. It's still an open wound? Normal?

madreloco Fri 24-Apr-15 10:32:56

Nobody here can tell you if its normal or not. Go back to your dr and have them look at the tear.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Fri 24-Apr-15 10:40:43

Has the midwife discharged you from her care? If not, she should be able to check and advise. Otherwise, get to your GP ASAP

Daffodil1210 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:10:24

I gave birth 2.5 weeks ago (first baby) and had an episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. My episiotomy stitches have opened (midwife didn't notice - only when I looked in the mirror did I realise!) and I went to my GP. They've been really good about it all and are going to see me weekly to monitor the "hole" and healing. So i'd definitely echo what PPs have said and get yourself checked out by a GP.

Good luck!

Roseybee10 Thu 11-Jun-15 21:31:25

Get it checked out to be on safe side.
With dd2 I only had a small tear and it still took a good 4-5 weeks for all the swelling to go down and things to start looking and feeling in any way 'normal'. I would say after my second degree tear with dd1 that it was 2-3 months before everything settled. X

Lonz Fri 12-Jun-15 22:30:13

My epi stitches came apart near the top. The midwife didn't mention it, I noticed myself because you know your own body. I got checked by a doctor and they gave me the option of having it re-done (eventually after 3rd appt) I didn't though. The V I was left with has settled now after using a cream.
Go to your GP, but be prepared as they may say it's not an issue. But of course I don't know your situation, they said that to me though. You will get help if it's something you want.

Lonelylass1218 Tue 16-Jun-15 21:22:26

Give it time, I felt like my insides would fall out everytime I stood up and that the titanic could park up in there after my dd. It got better around 12 weeks after birth and has slowly got better and feel normal now at 7 months post birth, do your pelvic floor exercises

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now