Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

umbilical cord advice?

(2 Posts)
eastcoastmum2014 Tue 10-Feb-15 10:22:06

Hi all! Just a quick question really just wondering if anyone else has had this? My DD is 3 weeks tomorrow and yesterday her cord finally fell off but left a chunk of black wizened cord attached to the button? Its dry and black and there isn't any redness or swelling but it has bled a small amount at the bottom (there was a little spot of blood on her vest) She seems her normal self ... Should I just wait for the rest to fall off or does this warrant a trip to the gp? .... Sorry confused and overprotective first time mum blush

DropYourSword Tue 10-Feb-15 10:25:16

Wow, she kept it on a while! Unless it's red, smelly, swollen, leaking pus or looks any way infected I don't think it needs a GP visit. Make sure you always wash your hands before touching anywhere near the cord stump, keep it clean and dry. A spot or two of blood is nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: