Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Breastfeeding and Lustral Postnatal anxiety

(4 Posts)
Isis189 Wed 14-Jan-15 20:58:57

Hi,

For the past 4 weeks I have been suffering from a lot of anxiety, mostly in the form of intrusive thoughts and panic attacks. I finally plucked up the courage to see my GP yesterday and she has prescribed me 25mg of Lustral, moving up to 50. I haven't started them yet as I am worried about the effect they will have on my breast milk, as I am exclusively breastfeeding. I Know they are apparently the safest form of anti depressant to take but still I'm concerned.

Has anyone else used these successfully and safely? As I'm a worrier, I don't want to be nervous about looking out for any possible reactions in my little boy.

I would love some help and advice or any success stories oh and maybe a big hug!

Xxx

Isis189 Thu 15-Jan-15 11:17:07

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks x

AntiHop Fri 16-Jan-15 22:06:32

I don't have any knowledge on this bit you need to discuss it with your gp, hv or pharmacist. Don't forget it takes a while for antidepressants to take effect.

flowers

Bellyrub1980 Sun 18-Jan-15 13:13:41

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/a633230-Anti-depressant-Sertraline-Lustral-while-breastfeeding

Hope this thread helps a bit xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: