Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Long second period

(4 Posts)
katrianna Mon 05-Jan-15 19:07:53

My lo is 3 months old and I've already had one period which was very heavy and lasted about a week, I started my 2nd period about 12 days ago and it's not that heavy however it isn't showing any signs of going away. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this?
Thanks smile

Biscotti76 Mon 12-Jan-15 14:59:01

Hi - I was just about to post a thread about the same thing! Am in exact same position - lo is just over 3 months, had one heavy period that lasted a week, am now having second period, but appear to have been on it for about 3 weeks now. I started taking the pill again when this one started, so I wonder if that is affecting it? Would also like some help/info smile

Hollyrose Sun 25-Jan-15 22:51:13

I don't know if this will help either of you, but after my second, who is now 4.5 months, I had incredibly heavy bleeding. Stopped for a few days then started again, sometimes heavy, sometimes just spotting. To get myself back in to a routine my dr put me first on the mini pill, then on the normal pill so that I was over lapping for a while. This then stopped the bleeding, and I'm now back in to a routine on the normal pill. I hope this may be a little helpful although slightly different situations!

katrianna Tue 10-Feb-15 20:37:23

Just an update, I ended up going to my gp as I'm still bleeding :O
I've been put on tablets for three weeks to see if this constant period ends!! If not its back for blood tests.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: