Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal depression

(5 Posts)
jsp56 Thu 13-Nov-14 23:04:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kinkytoes Sat 29-Nov-14 04:29:01

How are you doing now? It sounds like you're already taking steps to help yourself. Can you get dietary supplements to help you? Have you had a blood test at the doctor's to see if there is anything you're lacking?

Loopylala7 Mon 08-Dec-14 10:53:27

Just wanted to add a message of support. I suspect I may have PND, its not much fun and I feel bad for my children. I've heard good things about CBT, I think I need to talk to my HV about it. I'm starting to write lists to see if I can get stuff accomplished. Sometimes I feel I accomplish nothing and live in a mess all the time. Exercise sounds like a good plan too. Good luck with your recovery.

borntobequiet Tue 23-Dec-14 12:33:28

Your cycle is probably starting up again. I had very severe postnatal illness twice, and each time it kicked off on weaning. If you suffer from PMS or PMDD, you are more likely to suffer PND. Going straight onto a combined pill might help by keeping your oestrogen levels up, though if you are progesterone intolerant there might be a problem. Best wishes.

UsedToBeAPixie Mon 29-Dec-14 22:53:27

I hope you feel better love, DS is 2 and I've been having CBT for PND the last 2mths. I feel better for doing it but my appetite is a massive problem. Left to my own devices I won't eat and so far I've been unable to figure out why. If DH and DS are around I will cook up a storm and eat like a trooper - same if we're out for dinner, but at work and home alone I just can't be bothered.
I hope you figure it out - it's my New Years Resolution to xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now