Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ideas for a non-Christening party?

(4 Posts)
Harriett Mon 15-Aug-05 10:23:35

Hi everyone,
We are having a 'welcome baby' party this weekend, we are not getting dd Christened until she decides to, but wanted to get the family together to celebrate anyway!
I would like to mark the occasion somehow, with some words or something- we can't plant a tree as we are moving house early next year!
any thoughts/ experiences you could share with me? Thanks! x

Chuffed Mon 15-Aug-05 10:27:37

Our friends did a time capsule, got people to put things in from year of birth, wise quotes just various bits and pieces. They will then open it when she is 21.

FairyMum Mon 15-Aug-05 10:29:50

I have been to a couple of "naming ceremonys". They were really beautifully done. I don't know who organises them I'm afraid....

LeahE Mon 15-Aug-05 10:36:18

We had a naming ceremony for DS yesterday. We had a celebrant from the British Humanist Association which obviously you couldn't have at such short notice but I'd be happy to let you have a copy of our script and a couple of others we used in putting our ceremony together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: