Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SMA STAYDOWN (a formula milk for sicky babies)

(9 Posts)
lynny70 Thu 11-Aug-05 22:33:22

Message deleted

lynny70 Thu 11-Aug-05 22:34:52

Message deleted

Aragon Thu 11-Aug-05 22:35:18

I managed to buy this from Boots when my son was a baby 2 years ago. As far as I know Boots still sell it but you may have to ask them to order it in.

If it's now prescription only your GP should be able to prescribe it.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 22:36:32

no advice im afraid, as was never prescribed it for Jess... we had Gaviscon and something called Carabell or something which was a thickening agent we put in her milk - i think it was a cow and gate product that we were prescribed on prescription.

hate to say it but none of it worked! If using SMA gold - try switching formula.... we switched Jess to progress milk at 8 months and the sick stopped straight away - too much co-incidence if you ask me!

Aragon Thu 11-Aug-05 22:39:30

Yes, as jessica and bumpsmummy (congrats jessicasmummy - I didn't know)says there are other milks on a prescription only basis. Your GP is the best bet for a script.

lynny70 Thu 11-Aug-05 22:52:41

Message deleted

KathH Fri 12-Aug-05 07:56:42

DS2 was on staydown from about 3 mths to 9 mths (he's now 10 1/2 mths). You can get it on prescription altho your gp may have to double check as i think it's not been on their list for long. I bought about 4 tins before the chemist told me i didnt have to pay if i got a prescription for it. It wasn't a miracle cure but he did seem better on it. When he first started on it he did get a bit constipated so I had to give him extra sips of water in between.

lynny70 Fri 12-Aug-05 19:10:37

Message deleted

KathH Fri 12-Aug-05 20:00:37

I did find that with the staydown milk but then i figured if he was drinking 4oz and not puking instead of having 6oz and puking loads then he was actually keeping more in him with the staydown if that makes sense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now