Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

c-section.... working out?

(4 Posts)
dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 15:58:53

how soon after your section did u start working out? and what sort of exercises? anyone recommend a video?

dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 20:24:45

uwila Tue 02-Aug-05 15:54:06

Hi Dabihp, I asked my GP at the 6 week check, and she said there were no more restrictions. But to listen to my body. So if you feel up to it you're probably ok. I started running at about 8 weeks, and wow am I fat and out of shape.

Speaking of which, must go sort out a babysitter so I can go running tomorrow...

Chuffed Tue 02-Aug-05 16:06:44

I started back at my spinning classes at 4wks post op. I did take it easy and worked about the same level as I did while pregnant ie. not letting my heart rate get above 140 etc.
I would advise making sure everything is OK first I felt very confident doing it that early as I had done so much exercise and research about it during my pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now