Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st Birthday - what are you doing?

(16 Posts)
cricket Sun 10-Jul-05 08:15:34

Can't believe DS will be 1 on 12 August. Just wanted to know what everyone is doing/has done for 1st birthdays - party or no party, food, games etc. Haven't yet decided what to do so am looking for inspriation!

cricket Sun 10-Jul-05 08:16:23

that should say "inspiration"!

Fran1 Sun 10-Jul-05 08:39:53

Trip to the farm.
Tea with family, birthday cake.

cricket Sun 10-Jul-05 15:30:48

That sounds lovely! Anyone else done anything different?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 10-Jul-05 15:32:03

Jess is 1 on the 24th and we are having a little family party.... cake, ice cream and a BBQ for the adults.

spidermama Sun 10-Jul-05 15:32:42

Had party for my 1 year old but it completely washed over her and really it was for me.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 10-Jul-05 15:45:56

i think it is more for the adults.... why shouldnt i have a party to acknowledge what i went through a year ago!!!!!

MarmaladeSun Sun 10-Jul-05 16:14:05

DD2 is one on 16th July, and weather permitting we are going on a family day out to the zoo as she loves animals, followed by a family tea. We were going to have a bbq with lots of our (adult) friends over, but really that would have been for us rather than DD2, so we've decided to keep it simple.

Springchicken Sun 10-Jul-05 18:08:58

DD is 1 on 16th July and she is having a big party with a bouncy castle - purely because all of her cousins are alot older than her so it will keep them occupied.
Then as it is my 21st a few days later we are going to have an adult party in the evening.

Have decided to keep the bouncy castle overnight, incase the adults fancy a go after a few drinks.

cricket Mon 11-Jul-05 09:19:01

Great stuff. Wish I could fit a bouncy castle in my garden!! Was thinking of keeping it simple with cake and some food for the littl'uns, snacks for the mums and maybe a couple of games...But some mums I know are going all out to entertain and the pressure is on

littlerach Mon 11-Jul-05 09:20:36

Evie shares her bdat with my mum, so we will have a family party, probably here.

Springchicken Mon 11-Jul-05 09:40:24

Gosh Cricket, didn't mean to sound like i was boasting .
Can't quite say anything right lately

cricket Tue 12-Jul-05 18:02:55

I didn't think you were boasting - was very impressed! Mainly bec I want to have a go on one! Went to a first birthday party this afternoon and the garden was huge and had a ball pit, paddling pool, trampoline (full size), swing and one of those tunnel things for the babies to play in. Oh and a sand pit too! Crumbs! Sam loved it.

spacecadet Tue 12-Jul-05 19:39:16

nothing, all my family live in wales so it will just be me and emily and the other 3 till dh gets home at 8pm, by which time em, will be in bed

cricket Thu 14-Jul-05 19:22:07

Know the feeling - one of his grandma's in North Wales and the other is in East Anglia - we are in the South West so not near at all! Just going to be a few mums that I know and a cake methinks. Even DP will be at work on that day!

spacecadet Sun 17-Jul-05 15:19:16

imnot even having anyone round cricket! ah well dd wont know any different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now