October 08 - The Second Year

(1002 Posts)
CantSleepWontSleep Wed 11-Nov-09 19:49:36

10th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - loulou33 - Boy - Joe Louis David - 6lbs 12oz
16th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - Ksal - Girl - Emma Rae - 6lbs
21st Sept (Due 5th Oct) - myjobismum - Girl - Naomi Caitlin - 5lbs 10oz
2nd Oct (Due 12th Oct) - star6 - Boy - Quinlan - 5lbs 15oz
3rd Oct (Due 26th Sept) - purpleflower - Girl - Rebecca Jill Erzsebet - 8lbs 10.5oz
4th Oct (Due 30th Sept) - Aubergenie - Boy - Stanley - 7lbs 12oz
8th Oct (Due 6th Oct) - ronshar - Boy - William Dexter - 7lbs 11oz
9th Oct (Due 17th) - Marthasmama - Girl - Martha - 7lbs 10oz - Elective c-sec
10th Oct (Due 1st Oct) - CantSleepWontSleep - Boy - Duncan Elliot - 8lbs 4oz
12th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - pistachio - Boy - Thomas Fraser - 10lbs 2oz
16th Oct (Due 11th Oct) - heather1980 - Boy - Alexander James - 9lbs 5oz
17th Oct (Due 10th Oct) - pepperrabbit - Girl - Jessica Rose - 7lbs 15.5oz
24th Oct (Due 29th Oct) - Ekka - Boy - Matthew - 7lbs 15oz
26th Oct (Due 20th Oct) - jenwa - Girl - Phoebe Jasmine - 9lbs 2.5oz
28th Oct (Due 23rd Oct) - RachieW - Boy - Jack - 7lbs 4oz
31st Oct (Due 20th Oct) - KnickersOnMaHead - Boy - Samuel Paul - 9lbs 11oz
5th Nov (Due 29th Oct) - Honeymoonmummy - Girl - Poppy Grace - 6lbs 15oz
5th Nov (Due 30th Oct) - MamaG - Boy - Harry James - 10lbs 9oz

OP’s posts: |
star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 19:52:20

Right, I'm going to move my post to here... because I am in desperate need of reassurance.

Terrible mummy of the year award goes to star.
please help
We got home, I put Q on the stairs to walk up to DH. Said "dh, come get Q" he stayed at the top, I turned to shut the door, for 2 seconds, and Q toppled over and fell down 3 steps onto hard floor, bruising his cheek on the skirting board at the bottom. Then, I stood him on the toilet (with lid down) so I could undress him without a tantrum and he slipped and fell down the side, bonking his head on the hard toilet. Then, he was in the bath and fell over backward, bonked back of his head on the tub and was flailing under the water for a second until we could get him up. Just before bed, he was near the DVD player (at chin level to him), he slipped and fell forward, hitting his forehead on the shelf. He cried about every little thing from that point, didn't eat his dinner and is so tired.
Now, I'm not sure if he's fallen so much because he was already tired or if he's got a head injury! Should I call a dr?
He's gone to sleep now... <bad mommy>

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 11-Nov-09 19:54:11

Sounds to me like he was already very tired star. Falling over lots is a classic sign of this. If he wakes crying in the night then consider some nurofen (or similar) in case he has a headache, but there's really no need for a doctor from what you've said.

pistachio Wed 11-Nov-09 20:02:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 20:07:02

lol grin
Laughing so hard at "falling over lots is a classic sign" of tiredness. grin Wtf is wrong with me???

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 11-Nov-09 20:14:12

Laughing lots at things that aren't funny is a classic sign of being deranged.

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 20:21:05

grin csws!
I'm laughing because I should know that falling over is a sign of tiredness!
I gave him nurofen before bed because he has some bruises and was crying a lot and biting stuff (teething).
<gasp> the second year?

myjobismum Wed 11-Nov-09 20:34:52

Thanks CSWS,
hello all!

pepperrabbit Wed 11-Nov-09 20:40:52

my day continues to be filled with joyous experiences. Having finally got through triple bathtime, I settle down to comfort food (fish fingers) and the bloody cat throws up all over the place. There are not enough swear words to cover the last 15 minutes.
angry angry angry
Thank god I'm going to work tomorrow and don't have to see any of them.

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 20:47:34

Sorry about your rubbish night, pepper
Was that before or after what you did to the cat flap on fb?

50ftQueenie Wed 11-Nov-09 20:47:41

I have two in year two now then! DS: of school and M: of her life! grin

Pepper - You can always count on me to be rude, vulgar and to generally low the tone! wink It was funny though. Hee hee! I wouldn't dare cry in front of ds, I think he would explode! He is so over-sensitive and if he made me cry he would be inconsolable. Sounds cute and adorable but it is very trying!

Star - grin We're all learning all the time. Even us second time mums forget things or don't realise things! I forgot that falling over was a sign of tiredness. I do know that with both of my babies, if they hurt themselves late in the day it's game over & bedtime!

50ftQueenie Wed 11-Nov-09 20:49:42

Pepper - Do you think the cat was horrified that you had bleached the catflap & was trying to make it more homely?

myjobismum Wed 11-Nov-09 20:49:54

Poor Q! Star, you are not a bad Mummy, accidents happen, especially when LO's are tired! Glad he is ok though!

Pepper - gosh, what an awful day - hope you enjoy work tomorrow wink <boak> at vomitting cat though, yuck!

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 21:00:09

What makes me hmm is that I didn't "get the joke" that he was tired the first time he fell... the second... the third... or the fourth... but I had to wait until csws told me that falling over is a sign of tiredness before I truly got it.
I think that I am overtired... when I look back on this past year, I'm just not sure how I did it. I want to go to bed for a week.

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 21:01:33

myjob take the pregnancy test! Come ON! I'm going to put one in the post for you if you don't do it tomorrow

aubergenie Wed 11-Nov-09 21:08:12

Pistachio - Hope you managed to eat your dinner today. I agree with the others: Just focus on doing the bare minimum and getting through. Everything else can wait.

CSWS - I did end up feeding S last night at around 4.30, but only because I didn't know what else to do with him. It didn't settle him though. He wasn't asking for food as he seems to be used to not having it at night now. I think he was just rebelling against his cot.

I had a pretty awful day at work. Lots of fights and playground issues to sort out ("He said f**k your mum so I tried to strangle him"). It was great. hmm My patience was rather limited today, I'm sorry to say.

myjobismum Wed 11-Nov-09 21:08:37

<Pokes tongue out at Star>

pepperrabbit Wed 11-Nov-09 21:10:00

star - do you find yourself falling over a lot? wink
DS1 has just come down to tell me his bed is "wet".......
Honestly.
Can't they tell I'm a woman on the edge?
At least I already had the marigolds on and the cleaner out.....
I now plan to eat all the rest of their halloween chocolate (but not so much that I am sick! hmm)
myjob - you should take a test cos that's the first thing a doctor will ask you if you go to see them? (and cos we're dying of curiosity grin)

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 21:16:48

pepper - ignore them and maybe they will leave you alone wink
do it, myjob!
pepper - actually, yes. I'm always tripping over things, falling down and causing mini disasters. I fell up stairs at work twice today. One of the times, I had a stack of collated report cards in my hands... which all need to be re collated after that angry.

aubergenie - I let Q cry/whine in his cot for about 25 minutes last night in the middle of the night. he eventually resettled. he could see me right there next to him (I was in bed, he in the cot) and he eventually just went back to sleep. Then the next time he woke, he only cried for about 5 minutes.

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 21:19:24

that post made me sound mean. I did reach over, give him a pat and say shhhhh at first, then closed my eyes. He knew I was there with him... i didn't abandon him. I just wanted to teach him to resettle himself when he wakes in the night again. I'm going to bed

myjobismum Wed 11-Nov-09 21:19:59

Pepper - I have no intention of going to the docs about lack of periods whilst I am still feeding N!

I wish people would stop trying to panic me sad I am very sure that I am not, but still the thought of it makes me feel quite sick! blush

star6 Wed 11-Nov-09 21:23:02

don't panic, myjob. I'm just saying test to rule it out. really going to bed now

myjobismum Wed 11-Nov-09 21:26:55

Surely there is no need to test - we haven't taken any risks....... not a single one!

pistachio Wed 11-Nov-09 21:28:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pepperrabbit Wed 11-Nov-09 21:46:40

pistachio - I have a couple of friends from DS1's peer group who are still in night nappies at 5yrs. That's probably a bit later than you'd like but not the end of the world. It's very very unusual for mine to have accidents so I try not to get too cross (I have a cat to take it out on!)
Hope your night isn't too bad. I hate that feeling of dread as darkness falls...
DH has just rung to say he's on the train home, I tell him the cat was sick etc and he says "why?". How should I know??? I'm not a bloody vet? and what's wrong with some sympathy??
Grr.

This thread is not accepting new messages.