Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 08 - More birthdays to go!

(753 Posts)
CantSleepWontSleep Thu 22-Oct-09 21:39:16

10th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - loulou33 - Boy - Joe Louis David - 6lbs 12oz
16th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - Ksal - Girl - Emma Rae - 6lbs
21st Sept (Due 5th Oct) - myjobismum - Girl - Naomi Caitlin - 5lbs 10oz
2nd Oct (Due 12th Oct) - star6 - Boy - Quinlan - 5lbs 15oz
3rd Oct (Due 26th Sept) - purpleflower - Girl - Rebecca Jill Erzsebet - 8lbs 10.5oz
4th Oct (Due 30th Sept) - Aubergenie - Boy - Stanley - 7lbs 12oz
8th Oct (Due 6th Oct) - ronshar - Boy - William Dexter - 7lbs 11oz
9th Oct (Due 17th) - Marthasmama - Girl - Martha - 7lbs 10oz - Elective c-sec
10th Oct (Due 1st Oct) - CantSleepWontSleep - Boy - Duncan Elliot - 8lbs 4oz
12th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - pistachio - Boy - Thomas Fraser - 10lbs 2oz
16th Oct (Due 11th Oct) - heather1980 - Boy - Alexander James - 9lbs 5oz
17th Oct (Due 10th Oct) - pepperrabbit - Girl - Jessica Rose - 7lbs 15.5oz
24th Oct (Due 29th Oct) - Ekka - Boy - Matthew - 7lbs 15oz
26th Oct (Due 20th Oct) - jenwa - Girl - Phoebe Jasmine - 9lbs 2.5oz
28th Oct (Due 23rd Oct) - RachieW - Boy - Jack - 7lbs 4oz
31st Oct (Due 20th Oct) - KnickersOnMaHead - Boy - Samuel Paul - 9lbs 11oz
5th Nov (Due 29th Oct) - Honeymoonmummy - Girl - Poppy Grace - 6lbs 15oz
5th Nov (Due 30th Oct) - MamaG - Boy - Harry James - 10lbs 9oz

50ftQueeniefromtheblacklagoon Thu 22-Oct-09 21:41:15

Phew that was close! grin

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 22-Oct-09 21:42:26

Norty myjob snuck another message in!

myjobismum Thu 22-Oct-09 21:43:33

Argggghhh! don't say about masterchef sad we wont get a chance to watch it on bbc iplayer until at least saturday eve!!!!!

I posted on the old thread too lol!

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:45:02

very close!
myjob - no I don't think so... maybe, though. I feel like I've heard it from at least one person with a baby each day this week. "x can say 'ta' " and every time, I've been wondering to myself if it was a real word that I just didn't know about because so many people seem to use it with their babies! THEN, today, there was a Dad at my friend's house for lunch with his little girl and he said "ta" twice at least himself! And I thought it must mean something, then.... but I didn't catch the context of it when he said it.

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:47:28

lol myjob. How did you do that?? You must have connections with MNHQ wink
DH just read an article about KFC offering a new menu and this guy's comment.... totally totally oh my goodness... the racist, stereotypical culture of America is something that I just do not miss. Not at ALL. angry

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:48:22

And that is why I claim that I'm actually from Canada. It's literally just an hour and a half drive to Montreal from where I grew up. And Vermont used to be part of Canada long ago...

pepperrabbit Thu 22-Oct-09 21:49:52

Hi! not posted as had steroid injection into my wrist on monday and by Tuesday couldn't move my right hand AT ALL. It was so painful. DH had to work from home for 2 days as I couldn't dress myself let alone pick up DD. Life is so complicated with only one hand when the other one keeps trying to help and hurting angry
Anyway, still can't drive, but typing not too bad if I move my whole hand over the keyboard and don't move fingers!
Glad you all had a lovely day out envy. Dull here hmm have watched Masterchef final but is it still a secret here???
Lovely new thread CSWS - loads up so much faster than the old one - I may actually get to catch up!

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:51:29

How were you still posting csws? <nosey!>

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 22-Oct-09 21:51:31

Did you see what I did on the old thread grin.

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 22-Oct-09 21:51:53

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you wink.

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:53:00

go on.. kill someone else, though. Maybe someone who deserted our thread wink

50ftQueeniefromtheblacklagoon Thu 22-Oct-09 21:53:59

I think I'd claim to be Canadian too Star. wink To be fair, you're not very American iyswim. grin We should start charging you for your education in the dialectic differences in language within Great Britain.

We say "thank you" to M. Never really thought about it to be honest. Actually Dh might say "Ta", it's clearly not something I've ever given any thought to! grin

star6 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:58:44

I'll take that compliment, 50ft Please don't charge - I'm still paying student loans from my BA and MA in the states!! grin

Honeymoonmummy Thu 22-Oct-09 22:19:18

Hi all, I still haven't caught up, you lot are gossipy chatty at the moment! We use "ta" with Poppy, can't really see anything wrong with it myself. But then again, I'll say owt grin

I've not had a great day but not a really bad day either. We went to the Trafford Centre and Poppy was a nightmare, crying for no apparent reason, she's not done that since the reflux days. Anyway, we gave up and came home via a big Mothercare on the way home. I drove there and noticed I was getting quite nervous about the other traffic, dunno if it is the PND or just not driving in it regularly at the moment or a combination of the two - interesting. DH drove back as I was frazzled by Pops by then and couldn't have driven a dodgem car!

I like Americans Star! smile They were all really lovely to us when we went to California for our wedding/ honeymoon, even in LA! Altho I didn't like the San Franciscans (sp) though, I thought they were rather rude. Everyone else I've spoken to says it's the other way round.

Wow, what a crap post, I've even bored myself reading it! Sorry folks! I'm off to bed anyway, night all!

50ftQueeniefromtheblacklagoon Thu 22-Oct-09 22:25:12

I''l forgive you Hmm. My last post was like a conversation I probably should have just had in my own head! I suppose the people in New York were ok, I was freaked out by the police officer with a real life actual gun though. The New Yorkers were more polite than Londoners I suppose. But I quite like moody Londoners. grin

50ftQueeniefromtheblacklagoon Thu 22-Oct-09 22:26:23

I've done it again! The random witterings of an old lady. I think maybe I should just bow out for the evening. Night ladies.

ronshar Thu 22-Oct-09 22:38:12

Wierdo's.

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 22-Oct-09 23:08:03

Yes ronshar, especially the ones who can't even spell the names they choose to call others wink.

Well I just had a fun half hour giving ds calpol, anbesol and cuddles and trying to get him to calm down and back to sleep. It must be teeth. Could it be the same for Poppy hmm?

Well past my bedtime now thanks to that, so I'm orf!

ronshar Thu 22-Oct-09 23:46:33

I changed the spelling three times. Damnit.
I also thought you said Anusol. I had to read again.shock

Watched Question time. Blood sport.

star6 Fri 23-Oct-09 07:28:43

New Yorkers more polite than Londoners shock shock shock
I guess everyone's perspective from either side of the pond is a bit different grin
Funny about the guns. When we arrived in London we were so impressed at how police officers didn't all need them and there was still loads less crime and shootings here. After being here a while and a year in Japan, when we last went back to America, it all seemed a bit extreme over there. Big, boisterous, angry, pushy... however, in the lovely foliage covered mountains of VT, we found a bit of peace

star6 Fri 23-Oct-09 08:55:58

oh no! I just accidentally turned to teleshopping when I meant to go to cbeebies. I'm watching the H20 mop Ultra right now and I can't take my eyes off of it. I really want it!! This thing is an amazing cleaner! oh someone stop me!!! I hate teleshopping shows. Why couldn't I just type in 305 for cbeebies?!?! Waiting to see how much it costs...
ohhh it comes with extras to scrub and shine...
It's small, too. So we could fit it in our house.
look how clean those floors are

oh 89.95. no way. damn it. I'll have to wait until it goes down in price.

star6 Fri 23-Oct-09 08:57:47

sorry about that. wow. Amazing how these advertisements can totally just take over your mind.

myjobismum Fri 23-Oct-09 09:29:50

Lol Star grin

CSWS and Ronshar - I just had to ask my Mum how to spell weirdo <in plural wink > correctly grin

Star - I haven't ever been to America, or met many Americans lol, my friend spent a while in Vermont and came back relatively sane, so can't be too bad! Oh and I like you wink so am sure it is a fine place to live!

50ft - lol, I had to think if I said ta or thank you too...... I say thank you generally, but when I really want N to give me something (i.e. something revolting she has shoved in her mouth) I say - 'Ta N' and she instantly opens her mouth and gives it to me (anything else results in swollowed revolting thing for her and bitten finger for me) so cannot be all bad!

50ftQueeniefromtheblacklagoon Fri 23-Oct-09 10:23:31

Ha ha ha Star, you are hilarious! Only you could be so impressed with a cleaning item. You should have gone into Lakeland with CSWS. It's full of useless wonderful gadgets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now