Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2008 - Things That Shout 'Mum' in the Night

(1000 Posts)
UndeadLentil Tue 13-Oct-09 12:32:41

Ta da ... grin

luckoftheirish Tue 13-Oct-09 12:50:25

thx undead xxx

nice thread.
I particularly like the plastic bats hanging from the chandelier (sp)

Snotmonster Tue 13-Oct-09 13:29:37

Thanks Undead and thanks for you response on the eating front. I think most of the problem is with me as it became a real obsession when the pnd was at its worst and DS weight and not bf'ing/taking a bottle was a real issue for me. I am as DH points out very quick at jumping on the negative and making a big deal out of it. So if DS eats lots at lunch time but then at dinner won't eat I immediately see this as a failure and get anxious about it. I am getting more relaxed about it but I don't always find it easy. I think maybe if I were to start writing a food diary for him over a week I would probably be surprised at how much he actually eats - the same could probably be said of me though grin

Ann sorry didn't mean to worry you further about the friend with the trip to the dentist - they didn't do anything but at least she's not scared of the dentist now!

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 13:44:16

Boo!

UndeadLentil Tue 13-Oct-09 13:52:06

Bloody hell, Slayer. You nearly made me trip over the cauldron. grin

poppysocks Tue 13-Oct-09 13:57:00

Sorry to x-post this morning steaky and sorry about the job. There will be others when the time is right. smile.

Eek and shock at seb's fall wini. Glad he's ok now. Mouth accidents do always look so much worse than they are. DD1 tripped on some gravel at about this age and the amount of blood was incredible and we thought there was tooth damage too. After some calpol and cuddling there was a fat lip and the next day not a trace.

A meet-up whether official or not would be fab wini smile. Only thing is if some people are signed up already we might be left sitting in the pub next door waiting for them to pop in...grin. Anyone else know where to find the thread/what's happening?

You are very, very wise btw undead.wink

Winibaghoul Tue 13-Oct-09 14:19:00

Thanks ladies. smile He really seems fine now. Sister phoned up to check that he's ok smile Then lectured me about how we should have lowered the cot as soon as he started standing <<rolls eyes>>
Does anyone here know what the long term health effects of inhaling DDT are?? My dad is saying he thinks my mum's health probs are linked to her getting a faceful of DDT from a crop sprayer in the early 90s Shortly after use of DDT in agriculture was banned. (the stuff is still widely used in SA for malaria control) It was directly after this that she had her first ever asthma attack.
Feeling slightly low after a long convo with my sister about our parents and their relationship. not good.

Winibaghoul Tue 13-Oct-09 14:20:59

oh and I'm loving the new thread title Lentil thanks smile

luckoftheirish Tue 13-Oct-09 15:46:19

Glad seb is ok wini xx

BucketsOfBlood Tue 13-Oct-09 17:00:08

We noticed DS1 had a chipped front tooth when he was about 2, no idea when it happenedblush. Doesn't seem to bother him and it will fall out in a couple of years. Nasty shock for you though.

Winibaghoul Tue 13-Oct-09 17:24:02

Yeah it was a shock. But thankfully he came right after a bf, and went off playing happily, so put me right at ease again. smile

One good thing today - I've started sorting out the masses of clothes. I found my work trousers from before I was pregnant. Thought they looked rather large blush so tried them on. THere's two inches in the waistline, and this is despite my post baby flab! Just think, if I toned up the flab a bit, there'd be another inch in it grin I know I'm not exactly waiflike, but it's still nice to know I've actually lost some weight.

Wini glad Seb is okay. Is that your sister that left the tactless helpful message on your FB? I was a little shock when I saw it.

I have a very tired and little bit poorly DD. All snot, red cheeks and a slight temp. I think the long awaited sixth tooth is on its way too.

[doesn't rain but pours emoticon]

hotterpotter Tue 13-Oct-09 17:49:50

We have had a lovely time today smile absolutely knackered now though!

Wini sorry to hear about DS' fall from the cot. If it's any consolation my DS is always falling off, out of or over things with no serious side effects so far (although he too does have a little chip in one of his teeth). I'm sure they'll learn one day...

Steaky bad luck about the job, but at least you got a practice for when you are really ready smile

Lentil good thread grin

Tea time, back in a bit...

Winibaghoul Tue 13-Oct-09 17:55:17

steaky I think the comment you are referring to is actually the one my MIL left! My sister just left an oh no is he okay type of message

glad you had a good time hots grin I will expect full details when you're recovered though! <<stern look>>

Actually not as bad as when I first read it - sorry didn't mean to be mean.

DD in bed chuntering to herself. I am not expecting an easy night, she ate hardly any supper and I think her snotty nose might be hard for her to breath through.
But she isn't howling in rage or pain so not all bad.

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 18:10:21

Sorry to scare and run earlier. Twas out and about.

Steaky sorry about the job deal but now you've had your rebound interview so all the others will be pieces of cake!wink

Ann (((hug))) this won't be the last bump so prepare yourself.

Funny story: Pilates was almost a private class for me today. The second class member, who was running late, just happens to be my long time friend's and former ex wife whom I've never met.blush Strangely she's the only person in our town who DOESN'T KNOW we were ever a couple....which I find uncomfortable really. Shall I just say it was a bit odd at first. THEN it didn't help the situation when the instructor kept telling me to "get out of my six pack" during a few exercises.shock This was only mildly ackward because my other classmate, who is very beautiful, is mildly overweight after having FIVE kids with my friend (which was also remarked on by the instructor in a very nicely supportive way.) Would this be ackward for anyone else or is it just me?hmm

CaptainCaveman Tue 13-Oct-09 18:17:45

Well I've had a lovely day out, met some very nice ladies and babies grin and have the photos to prove it. No1 and I nearly succummed to the tat in the gift shop but a queueing rabble of school kids put us off.

Thanks for the pot of tea sazz, and thanks no1 hotpot cyteen and Sazz (and your respective babies/older girl) for some very lovely company and chat. Oliver woke up at 4pm shock just as the train pulled into Nottingham! result grin

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 18:23:10

Captain that sounds perfect!

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 18:36:17

okay i've reread my post and find it's all probably in my mind and crazy-stupid at that. i could probably get paid a lot of money for the crazy crap that gets created in my mind.hmm

i'm tired. reese is napping. i want to join her but would probably sleep through school run. it's MY carpool week.grin

CaptainCaveman Tue 13-Oct-09 18:44:08

{grin] and there was me wondering who midnightslayer was hmm grin Honestly. I need to keep a list by the side of the computer!!

hotterpotter Tue 13-Oct-09 18:46:49

Sorry to all you other lovely ladies we met today but all DD has said since 3.15pm is 'cyteen this', 'cyteen that' etc etc etc. I think you have a new fan grin

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 18:47:00

Boo! Did I scare you Captain? grin

MidnightSlayer Tue 13-Oct-09 18:48:30

HP that's cute. Cyteen has a fan!!!

iwascyteenagewerewolf Tue 13-Oct-09 19:07:26

Awww, how lovely. Not sure what I've done to deserve this but I'm not complaining, she's fab

I can testify to the hardiness of hotter's delicious DS, having seen him go face first into a grill in the floor and leap back up with nary a whimper. We've had the best day today: perfect weather, excellent museum and most importantly fantastic company. DS had the time of his life making new friends. He was very, um, forthright on the way home threw a strop grin

Thanks everyone who came, we must do it again sometime!

Wini sorry to hear of Seb's woes, the bleeding mouth is not fun. DS has had a few incidents of cut lip etc. and it looks so dramatic, but he's always bounced back quickly (no pun intended).

Lentil awesome thread title grin Very seasonal.

MidnightSlayer re. the ex's wife, I'd only feel awkward if she seemed to have a problem handling it. Otherwise I'd just brazen it out and make friends.

steak sorry you didn't get the job, but it's good that you feel okay about it. Hope you got some decent feedback.

DP is upstairs doing bedtime with bottle, no breast feed / Surprised to feel a little pang about it, even though I know it's the right thing to do.

This thread is not accepting new messages.