Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2007 - The one where we all wait for StealthPolarBear';s Baby ....

(370 Posts)
CaptainDippy Wed 16-Sep-09 10:37:28

Ta Da!!!! grin

Morning all! smile

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 10:38:04

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 10:40:57

WOnder if this will be the last thread before my baby's born? Wouldn't count on it!

Bramshott Wed 16-Sep-09 10:44:11

Ah-ha! Great title grin!

runnyhabbit Wed 16-Sep-09 10:47:29

Shall we have a race - thread getting to 500 posts or SPBs baby?gringrin

Morning allsmile

CaptainDippy Wed 16-Sep-09 10:47:37

Hope so SPB smile

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 10:51:15

why are our postnatal threads in bold when none of the others are?
Right, need to do something, at the moment I'm wombling (can't think of the word) eating, MNing and letting T trash the house. Should make a start before it becomes too much.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 10:52:20

wallowing
and killing off brain cells
Silly question, how do I potty train? T has no nappy on, potty in full view and I keep suggesting he use it, sometimes he tries, sometimes not. What else should I be doing?

runnyhabbit Wed 16-Sep-09 10:59:10

I remeber getting J to sit on the potty and watch the tvblush He was allowed to put a Thomas sticker on the potty when he had done wee/poogrin

Novelty soon wore off though....can't really remember having any kind of plan. Dressed him normally, and it took a few accidents for him realise what was happening - 2/3 weeks later he was dry. It was almost like he needed to have the accidents for him to understand what was happening - iyswim.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:05:56

T won;t sit still to watch the TV even though I'm begging him to. Didn't seem bothered by stickers
Well he's just pooed on the rug, which is fine, but then as I was trying to get the wipes out etc he sat on the sofa..........argh! Cushion covers are washable, so no big deal except that's the one the zip broke on last time I washed it so have no way of getting the cover off. Poo. Literally.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:18:28

oh now I'm washing a beanbag cover too. If he says "Mummy, look" one more time I'll weep

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:19:37

oh and we need a new rug Sofa cushion cover's in the wash so that's one less thing.
Suppose he may be doing all this to ensure I go into labour just as the house is covered in poo, banana and oat bar - clever boy
BTW pull up pants are back on - I'm not a complete fool

cazboldy Wed 16-Sep-09 14:51:40

Oh dear SPB.....

sorry cant really advise you to do anything - it just kind of happens all of a sudden......

bit like when you go into labour really grin

now did you get that homework done last night? grin wink

fwiw scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees will help to open your pelvis and get baby into a good position, so maybe T is trying to help after all bless him hmm

take care of yourself - wishing you lots of luck for the big event xxxxx

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 15:55:53

oh yes, homework done, DH delighted but nervous, made no difference at all!
Yes, thanks T Have just spent the last hour or so emptying the beans from the bath into the now clean beanbag cover using a jug - surely that has to bring on something more than backache??

oooggs Wed 16-Sep-09 20:48:54

doh - I have been wearing the same clothes all summer (2 pairs of bottoms & 5 tops!!!)- well since I gave up the maternity stuff.

I have just emptied my waredrobe and found loads of stuff that fits grin didn't realise I had lost the weight and now just angry that I have clothes to wear and the season is changing - its like free shopping as I wasn't wearing this stuff last summer as pregnant.

Oh have also 'new' autumn/winter wear as well grin and loads to dispose of.

Doobydoo Wed 16-Sep-09 21:06:17

grinspb
Fab OOOGGS
Our comp broken so using dp's work one.
Will pop in to see how you all are and SPB,OF COURSE

runnyhabbit Wed 16-Sep-09 21:21:09

This camping lark is getting a bit out of controlblush Anyone got advicehere

runnyhabbit Wed 16-Sep-09 21:21:56

oooggs - I love it when that happensgrin

Hi doobysmile

elkiedee Thu 17-Sep-09 00:31:56

Bookmarking - my CM is taking this week off so not much reading/posting time during the day. Have survived 3 days so far, although only Monday morning/early pm and this afternoon for long on my own. Don't know how anyone does it full time.

Sexonlegs Thu 17-Sep-09 07:47:17

Morning. Bookmarking as well! Back later

StealthPolarBear Thu 17-Sep-09 09:40:55

morning
glad it;'s not just me who thinks that, I could never be a SAHM, don't have the patience!

Bramshott Thu 17-Sep-09 12:14:44

Oh ha ha, I've just noticed that Mumsnet seem to have shaved 2 years off my age on my profile. Have they done it to flatter me do you think?! Is it a blanket policy?!

StealthPolarBear Thu 17-Sep-09 12:49:39

sorry Bramshott, me too - looks as though DCs ages get updated while yours stays set in stone...actually, suits me as I'll be 30 in a few weeks

Bramshott Thu 17-Sep-09 13:41:52

Hurrah - so even when we are old ladies moaning on here about our daughters in law, in the world of Mumsnet we will be forever young grin!

elkiedee Thu 17-Sep-09 18:32:20

I foolishly updated my age last year although not since my most recent birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now