Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

AUGUST 2008 - One year on and you would think we would all be getting some sleep by now!

(1002 Posts)
oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 16:23:25

New thread!

SazzlesA Tue 15-Sep-09 16:24:41

Message withdrawn

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 16:27:55

who me?? I am never bold, just a little shy grin

SazzlesA Tue 15-Sep-09 16:29:11

Message withdrawn

VintageGardenia Tue 15-Sep-09 16:58:11

Message withdrawn

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 17:18:09

VG - there are numbers in the top right hand corner - your post is the number when you have posted - so you were post number 5 grin

London review of books sounds a little high brow for the likes of me blush

VintageGardenia Tue 15-Sep-09 17:24:00

Message withdrawn

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 17:27:22

Just below the thread title on the right hand side? they have always been there for me but don't know if you have to do anything to make it happenhmm

VintageGardenia Tue 15-Sep-09 17:30:11

Message withdrawn

hotterpotter Tue 15-Sep-09 18:30:28

Still bold shock 'tis a bit disconcerting!

Well done on the new thread Oops smile

Hello VG smile

RedLentil Tue 15-Sep-09 18:44:28

Well done Oops. Back later.

alittlebitshy Tue 15-Sep-09 19:01:07

ooh ooh i even got to this thread early on.

wassat about my doppelganger?

We are having loads of bad nights so i need those matchsticks too please.

is anyone else who is still bfing giving i like i am and whacking the lo on the boob at every wake up? i know i know, rod for my own back but i can't face the screaming otherwise. If i ever try and send dh in i give in after 3 mins of ds crying blush.

dc out the bath so i have to take over now.

will eventually get back on top of this thread.

hmm. i hope so anyhow...

PS yes it is rather bold? is the whole of mn like it? not checked yet

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 19:35:53

ALBS - I still whack DD on the boob every time she wakes - I can't deal with the yelling and she also doesn't understand why she can have it after 5am but not in the middle. Until I cut out the morning feed it is unlikely I will stop and the morning feed gives me am extra hour sleep so that is NOT going anywhere soon! grin

cyteen Tue 15-Sep-09 19:52:16

WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING?

Don't like the bold <flounces over to Site Stuff>

Buckets, so glad to hear your big little ones are wowing them at school You sound on the up once more, also good to hear.

albs, DS usually only gets milk first thing in the morning and just before bed, but due to what I think is teething today he's had milk before naptime AND at 1am this morning [bleary]. I am mostly okay about soothing via other methods but sometimes it's just too easy to park him on the boob blush Tis why I haven't made much progress stopping bf yet...ah well, he's still tiny really for all that he's a cheeky cruising toddler.

Sazz, it's so obvious how much you love spending time with your girls, how could more time off work be anything but the right choice? Enjoy

Have had the best day with my lovely lovely SIL, who drove all the way up from Essex to visit us She has started seeing someone which gave me a momentary pang but which actually I am very happy about. He's a longstanding friend who knew my brother, so no need for her to explain anything about him or what they felt for each other. Still have mixed feelings within me, not at all against her, just that it's an unstoppable part of life moving on and I'm not completely ready for that yet.

AnnVan Tue 15-Sep-09 19:56:41

hello everyone.
albs yes, I still bf at every wakeup, but nothing else works. I really want to stop bf now though, so am trying (without much success i'll admit) to cut down on bf during the day.

He's currently wolfing down his chicken kiev and sweet potato. smile DP still not back from work, he had to stay late to make sure he's got everything done before having a week off. I'm sure that will help things. He just gets snappy because he's always stressed and tired. I get snappy because the days are long for me too. he's saying we may need to move closer in to london. Which is a point although that'll make it difficult for me to earn money, as everything i would earn would get swallowed by childcare. We'll work it out somehow I'm sure.

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 19:57:41

Cyteen - I wish I had some wise and clever words for you. {{{{HUGS}}}

CaptainCaveman Tue 15-Sep-09 20:22:28

Shhh, stop shouting, O is sleeping grin

Cyteen have no clue what to say so am offering hugs instead (((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))

I am phenomenally shit at DIY. There is no other way to describe it. Tried putting stair gate up twice. First time the gap at the bottom was big enough to fit me through, second time the ruddy screws snapped off in the wall angry, and now the gate hangs at a jaunty angle and doesn't frikkin shut properly hmm. Oh I am sooooo crap.

CaptainCaveman Tue 15-Sep-09 20:30:31

It just seems to be this thread. How odd!?

AnnVan Tue 15-Sep-09 20:42:31

cyteen how difficult sad I really don't know what to say. I know you will work these feelings out in time so hugs from me too smile

LoveBuckets Tue 15-Sep-09 20:51:49

CC Hard luck, I too am crap at anything that goes in a wall (although curiously good with flatpack.) Is it a regular doorframe you're trying to fill with the stairgate or a fiddly bannister post etc?

Cyteen Wouldn't it be lovely though if they fell in love and got married? Would seem like it was meant to be perhapssmile.

VG I'll have your London Review sub please if I don't have to very much to get itgrin. I remember finding a copy on the tube once. Tis good blagger foddergrin. Incidentally have you heard of Greenmetropolis.com? If not, check it out, I sold 10 books in 6m which gave me credit to buy another 8.

My swollen glands and I guess tonsils(??? too scared to lookblush) are so soresad. But I don't have a sore throat or cold, just a sore neck iyswimhmm. Have done some salt gargling, think I'll take an aspirin and go to bed.

RedLentil Tue 15-Sep-09 20:52:30

Cyteen, you always talk of your SIL with great affection and it is a great thing for her to find a little happiness, it really is.

Still, I have to say in your situation I would be gutted, because I'd want my relationship with her to stay the same because it would be one thing that remained from 'before'.

I'd find it gutting to even have to think about anyone taking Si's place in any way. And I would hate to think of any of my sisters being 'moved on from.'

There are too many ways your awful loss finds to reach you sad.

I actually can't begin to think about the possibility of something happening to my sisters. When the idea creeps into my head, I ignore it and hope it goes away.

That sounds pathetic doesn't it because you've had to go to that place and go through that pain. I just mean that I can't begin to think of the ways that grief would affect my life.

It is fab to hear that DS is cruising around and being gorgeous. I'm sure SIL was besotted with him ...

TwilightSurfer Tue 15-Sep-09 20:59:00

Hello. I'm reporting our carpooler has officially been confirmed as having swine flu. Oddly I'm not overly freaked out. She had the fever while in the truck with us all after school yesterday. I guess if we are meant to get it...then we'll get it. I'll be paying close attention to temps over the next week I guess.

(((Hugs))) to Cyteen and Ann. Anyone else?

Sorry not much more to say today (or at least at the moment). Seems I've hit the emotional wall therefore I've been a bit teary eyed today. I think it started when a friend of my mother's commented on my new fb profile pic that I resembled her in the pic. 12 years and I still miss her so fer much.sad

SazzlesA Tue 15-Sep-09 21:02:16

Message withdrawn

SazzlesA Tue 15-Sep-09 21:03:35

Message withdrawn

oopsacoconut Tue 15-Sep-09 21:04:44

Here Ladies is the highlight of my evening [saddo]

This thread is not accepting new messages.