Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 08: I see it, I want it, it's mine!

(937 Posts)
spongebrainmaternitypants Sun 09-Aug-09 19:37:11

Welcome to our new thread smile.

spongebrainmaternitypants Sun 09-Aug-09 19:39:18

Forgot to say, picked up new car on Friday - it's wonderful and drives like a dream! Plus, finally moved Alex to his forward facing car seat and he loves it! grin

DebInAustria Sun 09-Aug-09 19:44:23

Hi Sponge - thanks for the new thread

poppy34 Sun 09-Aug-09 19:51:37

Great new thread- yes forward facing car seat completely revolutionary as Edie now grins when she gets in. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Upsidedowncake Sun 09-Aug-09 20:07:15

hi

thanks for the new thread

PenguinProject Sun 09-Aug-09 20:28:36

Marking place. :0)

AliPalli Sun 09-Aug-09 20:30:19

Evening all. Just marking my place.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 09-Aug-09 20:34:08

Hello

At last a thread that I can get onto, sorry but once anything gets over 300 posts then takes ages o load and crashes my computer.

So sorry but I only have a vague notion about what is going on through FB, but very quick update.

Sleep - still having problems, sometimes one of us sleeps on the sofa but now we just put him in a travel cot in the playroom.

Work is very busy, we have put in planning application so fingers crossed we will get it.

Camp Bestival was fab, can highly reccommend it.

Seb got his first shoes yesterday.

It is hot.

Work is busy.

Deb when are you on TV or have I missed it.

Work is busy.

PiggyPenguin Sun 09-Aug-09 20:57:30

Hurrah - a shiny new thread!! Jamie will be proud that his stroppiness inspired the title I'm sure.

Sounds like lots of them have been ill recently. J still isn't back to normal. He has a nasty pinprick type rash around his shoulders and he hasn't really eaten much since last sunday. But then, that isn't much of a change for him! He has been drinking lots of milk though so I'm not too worried. Hopefully he'll re-discover his love affair with cheese on toast in the next few days.

ktpie Sun 09-Aug-09 21:44:23

Evening all,

Thanks for the new thread Sponge! Good news about the car!

Debs - rubbish about them not coming back for another viewing, constant house tidying is such a pain.

Amber - how is Luke today?

Puree - if I were you I'd sit back and let your DH sort the house out, that never happens here.

BDQ - hope you have a better night tonight.

Viva - glad Lottie is on the mend.

Five - hello! Glad work is busy, camp bestival sounds great.

Hello to anyone I haven't mentioned!

J's climbing is reaching new levels (quite literally), now he finds useful things that could be steps and moves them around to the desired location, his baby walker is a conveniently movable stepladder. He discovered this morning that he could push over a box stored under a table so that it stuck out then climb on that. I kept moving him so he realised that the whole manoeuvre had to be done in one quick movement to get up there before I could get him, little tyke!

J managed a few steps today! Walked from his babywalker to me. Does it sound weird that I suspect he has been practising in private? He went into the hallway this morning and I could see him letting go of the wall. He did the same with clapping, I used to walk into the room and find him practising but then he wouldn't do it if we were there. Strange.

DH is home and went to bed about an hour ago. Bit tired after his race. He's got the day off tomorrow to recover so I have a list of jobs for him.

bitofadramaqueen Sun 09-Aug-09 22:10:37

Quick post to mark place - we've nearly booked a holida for ne t summer grin

5 you probably didn't see my post that I got the inflatable booster that I think you recommended. Love it!

DebInAustria Sun 09-Aug-09 22:12:50

Work's not busy is it Five? My sympathies, your summer is like our winter - madness.We're on TV on 25th August 10.30 am on ITV 1. It's also on ITV PLayer.

Ktpie - wow, what a climber and how funny about practising alone!!

Sponge/Poppy, we also now have the front facing seat, will try it out tomorrow.

Evening Ali. PP, Upside

pleasechange Mon 10-Aug-09 09:27:05

Hi all - marking my place

bdq - where did you book in the end

five - welcome back!

ktpie - the climbing is hard work isn't it! That is funny about the practising

A is still being sick so I am off work today. Last night was a nightmare as I'm ill myself with a horrible cold and A was either being sick/climbing all over the bed including my head/screaming when I put him back in his cot. The night alternated between all these all night and I feel dreadful sad

DebInAustria Mon 10-Aug-09 10:23:23

Allnew - I hope your lo feels better soon and has a good nap today so that you can rest too.

Amber - how's L today?

Essie3 Mon 10-Aug-09 12:06:19

Helloooooo! Been lurking, still lurking... All well, had a busy but lovely weekend.
smile

abdnhiker Mon 10-Aug-09 12:35:13

How's A today allnew? and Amber, how's L? Fraser has his MMR this afternoon and now I'm dreading it!

I had a tummy bug this weekend after a bbq (and I didn't even drink - not fair) and ended up sleeping in until one. When I got up Fraser was standing on top of the kitchen table eating his brother's left over toast from breakfast. DH had forgotten to feed him and forgotten to put him down for his nap. F fell asleep in his high chair during lunch too!

I have officially applied for a career break today! I feel so much better already. It's still really stressful but making the final step feels very good after all our agonizing.

bitofadramaqueen Mon 10-Aug-09 16:50:11

Somewhere in the Loire valley allnew - I'll post a link later when on the computer.

Just spent the day with whinegums and viva. Had a lovely time!

Amber that sounds like an awful night - hope it's better tonight.

pleasechange Mon 10-Aug-09 16:56:37

thanks all - A hasn't been sick yet today so fingers crossed he's ok. Although they always say not to feed them when they're ill, I felt really bad as I though he was hungry. Have just given him some milk so hopefully it stays down

abd - hope you feel better - sounds like chaos when you got up! Good for you with the career break

Amberc Mon 10-Aug-09 19:48:06

Hi all, Luke still ill and got sent home from nursery today. I only put him in as I am ill now and needed to rest. I was up all weekend. Only Sunday did I have some sleep but I was up pacing at 1030 ish as he was really upset and then up for the dy at 5.20. Luke has still not eaten anythign and we are on day 3. Not even milk. His spot are getting eorse but they don't look like the pics of measles I have seen on t'internet. I now feel awful, inflamed throat, all joints aching, general feeling of being hit by a car. Had a temp earlier but it's gone now.

Made two offers yesterday on 2 new places which we liked better than the first one.

house 1

house 2

vivaGlasvegas Mon 10-Aug-09 20:09:08

amber the links won't work! It sounds like Luke might have what Lottie had, she had a rash that got worse over three days and was off her food. She was very clingy and whingey, and the rash came out on about day three of clingy ness. She was also sick a few times? She's better now!

had a lovely trip to very hot Edinburgh today, thanks for a great trip BDQ Lottie eventually fell asleep on the way into the station!

Abdn well done on the big decision, I'm sure you must feel like you've had a big weight taken off your shoulders.

allnew that sounds like a terrible night, hope it gets better soon.

whinegums Mon 10-Aug-09 20:18:40

Hi, marking my place too. Today was lovely, BDQ arranged a great day. Great to see you and Viva and S and Lottie.

ktpie Mon 10-Aug-09 20:34:31

Sympathy for all the poorly babies and mums out there, hope you all get well soon.
Amber - sounds like you both have something.

Abdn- funny about the scavenging baby! A career break sounds good, does that give you the option of going back?

As DH had the day off today we all went swimming this morning (J's first time blush). He wasn't sure at first but soon started enjoying himself and we ended up having a great time and staying a lot longer than we intended. Now for the silly questions for all you swimming pros. Do any of you use any bouyancy aids? How do you get on? Any recommendations? Also what do your LO's wear? J had a disposable little swimmers nappy and some blooming marvellous swimming trunks with a built in nappy (think I was being a little overcautious) and this seemed fine but not sure if I overdid it a little!

Think J is going to be like me with the practising things in private. Apparently I didn't start talking until fairly late but once I did it was all in sentences. I'd waited until I had it all worked out. Can already imagine J practising in his cot!

ktpie Mon 10-Aug-09 20:36:26

Oh and Amber the links didn't work for me either and I love looking at houses!

spongebrainmaternitypants Mon 10-Aug-09 20:43:47

It was obviously a day for MN meet ups as PP, poppy, Ali and I had a meet up too - in a really lovely soft play centre in Wimbledon. I know MN considers soft play the tenth circle of hell, but this one was a cut above I have to say. V envy that PP lives so close! The toddler section was sooo much bigger than in other soft play places I've been to.

Very nice to catch up with babies too - although not really babies anymore! Did try and take some photos but I had my rubbishy point and shoot digital which has a time delay and the toddlers all moved too fast blush grin.

Sorry to hear about poorly babies allnew and Amber sad.

AH, hope jab went ok.

spongebrainmaternitypants Mon 10-Aug-09 20:48:55

x-posted ktpie, good to hear J enjoyed the swimming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now