Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2007 - Terrible Twos, oh yes, but their cuteness more than makes up for it :0)

(1001 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Tue 28-Jul-09 21:28:25

aaargh, that snuck up on us didn't it?

LackaDAISYcal Tue 28-Jul-09 23:05:07

<clears throat>

HEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO, I'm here grin

sings "all by myseeeeeelf, don't wanna be aaaalll by myyyyyyself anyeeeeemore"

I've had to resort to joining in any old June PN thread

<tsk>

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 08:26:12

<sobs>

LittleMissNorty Wed 29-Jul-09 08:33:41

Morning smile

Finally joined the library yesterday...DD had a whale of a time in there.

DS got a cold as well now sad

Hope you are all feeling better Daisy.

Jammy, DD will get going very quickly now re talking.....my DD was like that only a little while and is now stringing 3 words together.

FrazzledFairyFay Wed 29-Jul-09 08:38:31

Found you!

Jammy - my DS hardly says anything intelligible either

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 08:40:29

Yay, someone to talk to grin

That reminds me we must get to the library as DS1 has books to go back. We'll get a pile of books to take on holiday with us I think, and our library do these fantastic packs for little ones that involve a book and a game/toy in a wee bag.

Poorly LOs still here. Doth DD and bumble have sore coughs still. I get one of them cuddled and not crying and then the other one starts.....it's cuddling tag here today, although the calpol has obviously started to kick in now.

On a positive note though, bumble slept 8-6.30 grin

LittleMissNorty Wed 29-Jul-09 08:51:13

I am DDs offical interpreter smile. Some of what she says is clear, but the rest only I can understand smile. The word "no" is clear hmm

Hung my washing out last night at 11pm after watching a weather forecast, and it bloody well rained angry

When are you off on hols Daisy? Think Ria is away atm as well envy

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 08:58:44

Interpreter falls to DS1 in this house as he can understand much more of what Dd says than anyone else. she has gone backwards now and mostly mutters, but she is muttering more words iyswim.

We're off on Saturday and I have heaps of washing and packing to do as well as clearing out the bathroom as our new one is getting done while we are away.

One baby sleeping, the other one running around with no pants on crying at everything....and DS1 stropping about watching "baby" programmes.

LittleMissNorty Wed 29-Jul-09 09:15:28

Sounds like fun in your house Daisy smile

I had my bathroom done when we were on holiday and we were walking around Chatsworth House when plumber rung to say his apprentice had cut through the alarm cable and the alarm had been going off for ages grin. Just as well we weren't there! Are you getting someone to do all the tiling and everything? Ooh how exciting!

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 29-Jul-09 09:30:18

Scary night - I woke to the sound of Jamlet wheezing v loudly at about 2am. Rang NHS direct who sent a paramedic, who advised A&E, so off we went with a note from the paramedic, but she'd stopped wheezing by the time we got there. We got home about 4.30. Going to the GP shortly as wheezy again this morning, though a bit better now she has been upright for half an hour.

(And nobody had any problem understanding what I meant by wheezing)

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 10:01:53

oh, poor jamlet sad

I can't believe it's only 10am....feels like we have been up half the day.

DS1 is spending a lot of time yoyoing up and down to his room for timeouts today.

LittleMissNorty Wed 29-Jul-09 10:10:05

sad Jammy.....how scary.

My DS1 had a reaction to his calpol for his cold last night....he projectile puked from a lying down position....it was like the exorcist. I lifted him and he just spewed and spewed. He seems ok today though.....mind you he's only been awake 30 minutes!

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 29-Jul-09 11:02:48

Sorry to hear about projectile puking Nice!

GP thinks viral infection. Says not to do anything other than give calpol if necessary and to ring out of hours GP if she gets worse than she did last night.

Sorry to hear your lot are poorly Daisy. Hpoe it clears up for you all soon

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 11:07:27

the wonder of calpol is working fine here.

Hope jamlet is OK and it was a one off.

poor DS norty; hope he doesn't repeat the puking.

MakkaPakkasWilly Wed 29-Jul-09 11:16:12

How scary jammy.

I told MIL what DS ate. She suggested (in seriousness) that we should worm him more often, it would be kinder to our pocket.

hmm

She's from country aus, she can't help it.

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 29-Jul-09 11:20:00

pork brain anyone?

MakkaPakkasWilly Wed 29-Jul-09 11:29:41

I like this one

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 12:38:59

where do you find this stuff fury?

deep fried chicken skin in batter <shudders>

that roll with the bacon, egg and lorne sausage in is standard "breakfast in a bun" fare where I come from though.

MakkaPakkasWilly Wed 29-Jul-09 14:23:31

I have nothing better to do. Plus, I AM the internet.

Sputnik Wed 29-Jul-09 14:25:35

Please, there are vegetarians on this thread you know!
Did anyone see that thread a while ago about the sausage pirate ship with bacon sails?

TheNatty Wed 29-Jul-09 17:48:43

oooooo THATS why the other one had no new posts on it for ages blushblush

muchostinky Wed 29-Jul-09 20:50:02

I was thinking that it had been very quiet too! I am only a lurker usually, but thought everyone was very busy in RL for a while there. :-)

Not just sad me who is sitting here listening to DS shouting for his Chaola (Charlie and Lola to anybody else) book so that he can read it in the pitch black that is his bedroom!

Hiya to everyone by the way.

MakkaPakkasWilly Wed 29-Jul-09 21:01:24

Hello Muchostinky

Who are you?!

LackaDAISYcal Wed 29-Jul-09 21:19:02

Hey muchostinky; we certainly don't see very much of you these days, but nice to know you are lurking. How are you and your DS?

lol MPW.....MoS was on the AN threads and is a very occasional PN poster!

Sputnik Wed 29-Jul-09 21:23:15

Always nice when someone de-lurks

This thread is not accepting new messages.