Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 09 The one where theyr'e doing proper pooh's in their Jumperoos...

(1001 Posts)
TheDogsBiscuits Fri 24-Jul-09 19:31:57

Message withdrawn

TheDogsBiscuits Fri 24-Jul-09 19:33:30

Message withdrawn

treedelivery Fri 24-Jul-09 19:40:19

smile

On we march - it will Christmas soon. And then the 1st party talk......

PatTheHammer Fri 24-Jul-09 19:44:26

Good work dog you have had an industrious day, what with cutting the lawn and all!

Ideas for train, do you have travel games/colour by numbers book/mini jigsaws/sicker books/activity books. character magazine of choice (eg. fifi or something)/ pairs matching game type thingy/ threading or lacing cards???? Things my DD might enjoy, I know yours is a bit older. what about a personal steroe type thing with some story tapes or cd's?

TheDogsBiscuits Fri 24-Jul-09 19:50:09

Message withdrawn

treedelivery Fri 24-Jul-09 19:53:23

Oh WOW WOW WOW!!

Go Arlo grin grin

This time next week your ears wil be ringing with his constant conversation.

Made up for you, thats great. x

PatTheHammer Fri 24-Jul-09 19:55:40

tink welcome back, hope it was fab. Will have a squizz on fb later.

ray Moose is right about the gagging thing. i sometimes give zach a metal teaspoon as he seems to want whatever we have got and he has been fine, fine, fine! He also loves Rachel's organic yoghurts, especially raspberry flavour. Any type of melon is good as are sticks of cheese, pineapple, spelt biscuits, mini ricecakes with houmous/cream-cheese etc, pizza and i find all veg goes down well. Oh, and zach's absolute favourite is MEAT, he has his own little special noise/growl type thing when meat is offered. Sophie looks nice, no good for z though as he only wants DD's toys or anything wholly inappropriate at the moment.And will crawl to get it, arrrgghhhhhsmile.

qumps puddles sound fun, with tails on! Have fb'd you about next week.

moose Can i be married to you???? The card and breakfast sound lovely, so thoughtful and full of love and warmth.

Mostly lovely day, visited my Nan (not so good as she slipped Z a square of chocolate, behind my back, without asking angry). then went to my Granny's for lunch and went round friends in the afternoon. lovely afternoon at the park and ducks and got given a few freebies for z, always good. Mini england kit is one thing, DH will be pleased grin.

TheDogsBiscuits Fri 24-Jul-09 19:55:57

Message withdrawn

PatTheHammer Fri 24-Jul-09 19:56:50

Wow dog gringringringrin.

What a clever little man!

booksgalore Fri 24-Jul-09 20:04:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

booksgalore Fri 24-Jul-09 20:10:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hongkongzoe Fri 24-Jul-09 20:15:26

Book marking.... great thread title, can't believe we went through the last one so quickly and hooray for Arlo!

stripeywoollenhat Fri 24-Jul-09 20:16:43

dog - hurrah!!!

pretty crappy evening underway here, poor c right out of sorts, don't know whether it's teething, food or illness. think most likely teething, she is refusing the breast but only after trying for a minute, so maybe her mouth is hurting. she has passed out again now, naps didn't work at all today so think overtired as well. oh well. just hope she isn't sick.

moose's list of behaviours ringing some bells here, especially, oddly, the thumb sucking. the sleeping issues she has had since birth, maybe she's always been twenty six weeks at heart...

so, porridge and banana actually eaten here this morning and rice cake with hummous at lunch time, apple, melon, and chicken all sucked but not eaten. she had a go at some broccoli but couldn't hold it, must remember to leave plenty of stalk in future.

blw is obviously working to some extent, fragments of broccoli in her poo this evening smile

welcome back tink

PatTheHammer Fri 24-Jul-09 20:35:07

DOG you are a shellebrity m'dear. You have made the talk round-up!

Oh, great thread-keeper of giggles and smiles, or whatever it was grin.

stripey welcome to the new club, the poo inspectors. zach had some lovely red pepper fleks in his tonight. C sounds like she is going great guns. Sounds like teething, does she have any yet? think we are expecting numbers 7 and 8 any time soon sad.

moosemama Fri 24-Jul-09 20:36:23

Yay! Go Arlo! Really pleased for you Dog!

Good to have you back Tink. Glad you had a good time.

Been searching the web to find some fabric for making my own wrap sling. I heart my Moby, but its way too hot for summer. I would love a Calin Bleu or Mama Bali Breeze but there's no way I can spare 50 quid for a strip of fabric.

I've read a few different sites but can't find out whether the fabric needs to be two way or one way stretch and whether or not its ok to just use a 100% cotton with little or no stretch. Am finding it very frustrating especially since I want to have it ready for our holiday on the 9th. We have a Karrimor frame carrier which is fantastic (carried ds1 in it till he was 4) but feel a wrap sling would be far more portable and would mean we wouldn't need to take a pushchair for going into town.

TheDogsBiscuits Fri 24-Jul-09 20:45:08

Message withdrawn

kittypink Fri 24-Jul-09 21:08:54

Hia everyone! I started trying to catch up but gave up I'm afraid as I couldn't remember anything. Many apologies if I missed anything important.

Thankyou so so much for posting that list of developmental surge "symptoms". I'v been so worried about Ava and she is doing pretty much all of the things on that list. Was thinking of taking her to GP but I reckon I will keep an eye on her for now. She is almost rolling over now!

Hav had a good day today. DH actually got an extra shift at work this aft and is back there now till 3am. I've been going a bit mad with just the 3 of us cooped up all the time. its tricky when I have him with me to help and for company most of the time then all of a sudden he is gone all evening and most of the night once or twice a week
,which is when DD is most difficult and iam least capable.

Sorry, am winging me thinks.

DD has been confused by lentils today! Hve used them as a rice alternative to try help eczema/cradlecap.

moosemama Fri 24-Jul-09 21:10:11

I already have a moby sling dog. They are essentially just a few metres (usually 5 to 5 1/2) metres) of fabric with or without tapered ends.

Have just found a bit more info, apparently I need a woven fabric either gauze, cotton, hemp or silk for it to be really lightweight (but then I would need to hem all the way around) or 95% cotton 5% spandex for something a bit tougher (and wouldn't need hemming due to the spandex).

Am off to look for funky fabric now.

kittypink Fri 24-Jul-09 21:15:10

dog DD has 2 teeth. They are very sharp indeed! Its really funny when I brush them though because she trys to lick the toothbrush and laughs! grin

Almost forgot to say, Its my first day of not BF today. Gave her short feed at 3.15am but she was just a little thirsty. Am feeling ok about it now I think. A bit uncomfortable but thats to be expected. I just keep reminding myself that she is almost 6 months now and thats quite an achievement.

PatTheHammer Fri 24-Jul-09 21:24:13

Oh kitty, glad you are feeling ok about the bf thing. The last feed is often an emotional experience. How have your boobs coped?
I stopped feeding DD at about a similar time, don't think DS is going to let me though. He has managed to worm his way back to a 9.30 and 3.30 feed since I have been off, after I wasn't really feeding between 8.30 and about 4.30. dammit, outwitted by a 6 mth old.....again!

kittypink Fri 24-Jul-09 21:44:47

not too bad thanks. right one (giant boob) is more uncomfortable than left. It had more milk though I think because she always fed better.

kittypink Fri 24-Jul-09 21:47:06

Ava has only just stirred after being asleep since 6.20pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shockshocksmilesmileshock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missjackson Fri 24-Jul-09 22:17:34

Go Ava - hope you have a really good night kitty

Yey for new thread! and great title grin - we haven't had a jumperoo poo yet but we look forward to it.

And yey for Arlo's sentence. Very cool.

Everyone seems to be going gung-ho on the BLW. I suppose we sort of started today as I gave N a slice of tomato to play with, and after gumming it a bit, he swallowed some! Gagged and then looked very shocked, it was hilarious! He then went on to mash up some avocado in his fist and suck on a pork chop grin. He seemed very relaxed about the whole thing and was just sat on my lap during lunch, so I think we will just let him play with food each mealtime from now on.

Despite nice fun day (waterbabies and then hanging out with OH at the farm) I am feeling a bit flat - have to go to a wedding tomorrow alone (OH working), which is nearly a 2 hr drive there, so will be a bit of an exhausting day. Plus we are supposed to leave the babies in a creche during the ceremony and wedding breakfast - very thoughtful of the bride & groom to put the creche on, but in the invitation they did make it sound slightly obligatory - you will not ruin our day! - and I am really not sure I want to leave Nye in a creche for a few hours. Mmmm not sure what to do....

moosemama Fri 24-Jul-09 22:17:37

Kitty,

Just off to bed, but just wanted to say you are bang on when you say what an achievement it is to feed for nearly 6 months. You have absolutely given your little girl the best start, be proud, you deserve it.

I stopped bf both my boys at 6 months. By the way, if you get really uncomfortable, you could try just expressing an ounce off each side, it shouldn't create more demand, but will ease the pressure so-to-speak.

Hope you have a good nights sleep and and a late alarm call iyswim. smile

And so to bed ....

kittypink Fri 24-Jul-09 22:55:07

Thanks moose I really appreciate the support.

missj That is a tricky one. I'm not sure I would want to leave Ave in a crèche for that long tbh. Having said that though I'm sure it will be fine. Your friend wouldn't have gone to the trouble of putting on the crèche if they were not going to do a good one with decent people running it. It is a difficult position to be in. I hope it goes well.

This thread is not accepting new messages.