Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 08 - Clapping, kissing, waving, crawling, sleeping our babes can do it all!

(986 Posts)
Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 21:26:43

Ummm....Ooops I need to copy and paste that list don't I?

10th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - loulou33 - Boy - Joe Louis David - 6lbs 12oz - Induction due to rhesus sensitivity, G&A.
16th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - Ksal - Girl - Emma Rae - 6lbs - Just beat induction for PE!
21st Sept (Due 5th Oct) - myjobismum - Girl - Naomi Caitlin - 5lbs 10oz - Fast and furious hospital birth.
22nd Sept (Due 10th Oct) - Lozza70 - Boy - Sander Gene - 7lbs 5oz - Em C-Sec due to raised BP and high ALTs from liver.
2nd Oct (Due 12th Oct) - star6 - Boy - Quinlan - 5lbs 15oz - 36hr labour, ventouse and stitches.
3rd Oct (Due 6th Oct) - Bethoo - Girl - Maia - 7lbs -
4th Oct (Due 30th Sept) - Aubergenie - Boy - Stanley - 7lbs 12oz -
5th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - hedgepig - Boy - Oliver - 6lbs 3oz -
5th Oct (Due 29th Sept Oct) - CherryChoc - Boy - Ryan - 6lbs 11oz - 3 day labour with natural birth in hospital
8th Oct (Due 6th Oct) - ronshar - Boy - William Dexter - 7lbs 11oz -
9th Oct (Due 17th) - Marthasmama - Girl - Martha - 7lbs 10oz - Elective c-sec
10th Oct (Due 1st Oct) - CantSleepWontSleep - Boy - Duncan Elliot - 8lbs 4oz - 4 day induction with 1 hour established labour!
12th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - pistachio - Boy - Thomas Fraser - 10lbs 2oz - Homebirth.
13th Oct (Due 15th Oct) - jrsqueak - Boy - Joshua - 7lbs 2oz - Delivered in car by dh!
16th Oct (Due 11th Oct) - heather1980 - Boy - Alexander James - 9lbs 5oz - Homebirth
17th Oct (Due 10th Oct) - pepperrabbit - Girl - Jessica Rose - 7lbs 15.5oz -
17th Oct (Due 27th Oct) - Rhian82 - Boy - - - Episiotomy and ventouse.
20th Oct (Due 16th Oct) - bigmouthstrikesagain - Girl - Polly - 8lbs 7oz - Good hospital birth with synto drip.
21st Oct (Due 21st Oct) - hansnava - Girl - Sophia Leigh - 7lbs 6oz - Elective c-sec
24th Oct (Due 29th Oct) - Ekka - Boy - Matthew - 7lbs 15oz - Home water birth with gas and air.
26th Oct (Due 20th Oct) - jenwa - Girl - Phoebe Jasmine - 9lbs 2.5oz -
28th Oct (Due 23rd Oct) - RachieW - Boy - Jack - 7lbs 4oz - hospital birth, epidural, stitches, 24hrs start to finish
28th Oct (Due 31st Oct) - Jojay - Boy - Edward Alexander - 7lbs 7oz - hospital birth - gas and air, 2nd degree tear. 7 hrs start to finish.
31st Oct (Due 20th Oct) - KnickersOnMaHead - Boy - Samuel Paul - 9lbs 11oz - No stitches!
1st Nov (Due 22nd Oct) - SmudgeyDoodle - Girl - - 8lbs 2oz - Hospital water birth.
5th Nov (Due 29th Oct) - Honeymoonmummy - Girl - Poppy Grace - 6lbs 15oz -
5th Nov (Due 30th Oct) - MamaG - Boy - Harry James - 10lbs 9oz - Em C-Sec. Back to back and knotted cord around neck. 24 hours of labour first though, and don't you forget it!

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 21:29:35

Check me out - starting a new thread and everything. It feels all shiny and clean.

Ooooo! Heather - DH has just pointed out that A has the same first and middle name as him! You have good taste!

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 21:31:35

Oh I see, my thread smells does it then?

ronshar Wed 22-Jul-09 21:40:45

No we dont want to get into trouble with you.

This is the same as sitting at the back of the class waiting for teacher. (CSWS)grin

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 21:41:46

I know.....I'm scared...... grin

ronshar Wed 22-Jul-09 22:00:50

I have just watched Who do you think you are? It was Chris Moyles, a great programe, very sad.

pistachio Wed 22-Jul-09 22:02:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 22:02:25

I do like that programme but I do not like Chris Moyles. Yuck! I saw a clip, did lots of his relatives die very young?

ronshar Wed 22-Jul-09 22:07:53

I am trying the Banana sleep longer diet! Only make it until 4.30am. Not so good really. If I could give yoghurt I would.

Star the girls both sleep through from approx 6 weeks. I used to dream feed DD2 but she wasnt that interested. DD1 was formula fed from 12 weeks, solids from 13. DD2 ff from 20, solids from 16. They both have slept much better than W! Very little sleep training needed.
I can tell you if W was my first child I would be booking a sterilisation by now.

Ekka Wed 22-Jul-09 22:08:12

Just popping in to say hi! Love the new thread.

I'm feeling very virtuous, having gone out and swept up the leaves in our back garden this evening after getting the dcs to bed, but now I'm hot & sweaty and so I'm off to have a bath! Dh is still at work poor man...

ronshar Wed 22-Jul-09 22:09:44

His great grandmother had 15 children. 5 survived. Several died around 9 years of diahorrea. I can never spell the damn word.

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 22:23:09

Ronshar - Try potatoes. It worked for DH when I was in hospital. I am sure someone else mentioned giving potatoes as a pre-bed snack to help them sleep longer.

I think M has started sleeping for longer because DH is much better at getting food sorted for M than I am. I often give her milk to tide her over and then she doesn't seem to want to eat much. blush [lazy]

Honeymoonmummy Wed 22-Jul-09 22:25:57

Oh MM. You are in soooo much trouble when CSWS gets hold of you. She gonna open a can of whoopass on your thread.

We're on for Warwick Castle grin

Is anyone on this thread watching BB?? I'm in shock about the whole Noreen/ Siavash thing!!! shock

I'm off to bed anyway, going in for another half day at work tomorrow PLUS THE NEW FRIDGE-FREEZER ARRIVES WOO HOO!!!!

I did the Davina workout DVD today again - but not the postnatal one this time, no, the full on, proper, all singing all dancing one. Well, I did some of it hmm. I couldn't do much jumping around cos I haven't got a sports bra to fit at the moment and my jelly belly was wobbling too much blushhmmgrin But hey, a step in the right direction...

I'm off to the docs tomorrow too to review the AD's.

RachieW Wed 22-Jul-09 22:26:26

Just marking my place on the shiny new thread

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 22-Jul-09 22:28:01

You missed climbing out of the thread title you know wink.

Watched 2 episodes of house tonight, so have been awol!

Ds got his appetite back today, after a week or more being off his food, and has also gone to bed without any medication, so I hope that that means that we're in for a better night. We were up at 5:40 this morning again, although he has slept quite a lot during the day to catch up.

Off to bed myself in a tick.

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 22:31:45

Stop scaring me. I am hoping that she will see that we were in real danger of finishing the old thread without a new one and that I did my best in her absence. Or maybe it was a test....eeeeeek! <sobs into mug of tea> I was going to call the thread.... 'Help....Where's CSWS?! I'm scared!' but thought she might not want to be named in the thread title.

Are the ADs still not doing the job hmm? Hope you get something sorted this time. I don't watch BB, I would rather eat my own head. wink

Marthasmama Wed 22-Jul-09 22:34:33

CSWS - I was too scared and flustered, I knew there were some activites I had missed off. I could have included nipple biting for Aubergenie too! wink

Do any other babies dance, well, I say dance, I mean headbang and wave their arms like crazy loons? M freaks me out, she almost flips herself out of her Bumbo chair when she does it. She thinks it's hilarious.

aubergenie Wed 22-Jul-09 22:37:02

Just marking my place. We are off to Yorshire tomorrow for dp's brother's wedding on Friday. Am in packing/wet washing hell.

jenwa Thu 23-Jul-09 08:54:53

Hi all

Thank you mm for thread and lol at being scared of csws wink
Hows the scar now mm*?

*HM
lovely dress and dolly on those links.

pistachio love that dress too and was tempted to order one also but cant justify it at the mo sad

star well done Q and you on the sleep training, and I like Q's walker, need one for P, where did you buy that one?

Broke down at work re my hearing etc and worrying about it affecting my work etc. Anyway got a few things to sort, firstly the headaches, am worries as awhile ago a part of my hearing aid broke off in my ear and one bit went missing now I am worried the headsaches are because there is a spring floating about in my head somewhere as I never did find it! I think a trip to drs is needed really!
ronsar thank you re hearing aids, yes they are much better than crappy nhs ones but still hearing aids and still feel totally self conscious and feel like everyone will think I am stupid etc sad, need to pull myself together I know!

Think going back to work as messed P's routine too sad she is fighting her sleep in the morning as normally would go back to bed for 2 hours and now 1 hour is spent crying and then she only sleeps for about 45 mins then about 1 hour in the afty, just think her being shipped out twice a week has changed things! Not sure if she will adapt or not or could she be dropping one sleep? How soon does that happen??? eeeekkkk noooooo not ready for that yet! She woke up at 5:45 too!!! I never got her up until 7:30, I refussed!

RachieW Thu 23-Jul-09 09:14:10

Morning all, meant to say when I popped in last night, thanks for the new thread MM

Jenwa- Sorry to hear that you broke down at work Were they reassuring or helpful? You should make a dr's appt to check out the headaches, do you think they could be stress/worry related?

J changes his sleep routines all the time, in fact the only routine he has is three sleeps at some point in the day. For the last week or so he has been going back to sleep with me in bed around 8-9am. Not today, he is still wide awake full of beans. I am sure P will adapt to you being at work (am saying this selfishly too as J will have to do the same in 6 weeks) and maybe her dropping an hour off her sleep is just because she doesn't need as much?

J is driving me a bit crazy at the moment, he is into everything. I was warned by knowing friends/parents that this would be the case but blimey it's exhausting. So far this morning he has eaten some paper and a bit of old sweetcorn from last nights tea which I missed when sweeping the floor..urgh. He is now trying to climb up to grab the laptop off the sofa. Of course I'm loving his development and watching him learn but phew....

We're going to Bluewater today to return a dress which makes my bum look massive. Haven't even had a shower yet though so who knows when we'll get there. Am hoping J will have a sleep soon so I can watch last nights Ugly Betty first grin

myjobismum Thu 23-Jul-09 10:06:51

Hi all!

Thanks for new thread MM - don't fret! Glad you got yourself all taped back together!

Let me dispel the myth - having met CSWS I can confirm that she is indeed lovely and not in the least bit scary grin panic not! wink

Jenwa - sad about breaking down at work a P's routine being messed up - hope you get the support you need and that P settles down again soon!

Aubergenie - enjoy!

Rachie - lol I remember the 'into everything' nightmare from when DS was tiny..... hmm now why I am not just grateful that N is lazy not crawling yet? lol!

HMM - yay for Warwick castle! No I am not a watcher of BB - I agree with MM anout the eating my own head thing wink

Pistachio - Yay for only 1 night wake - fab improvement grin

Star - Yay! Brilliant, well done you and well done Q - you may have the odd off night, but stick to the plan and all will be fine I am sure! Glad you enjoyed your dinner in peace!

Ronshar - shame W is being difficult! He is gorgeous though....... surely that helps!

N has one proper nap and one catnap each day - unless we are anywhere but home, and then she is a nap refuser and also has the ability to stay awake all day!

All ok here!

star6 Thu 23-Jul-09 10:48:22

MM you brave girl! I had gone to bed before your dare... but I would not have been brave enough. No way!

I can't believe N can stay awake all day, too. amazing babies!!

Pistachio - that dress arrived. You were right it's perfect in an 8. I love it!!! You live too far away to chance us wearing it in the same place on the same day wink

LOL about sterilization if W was your first, ronshar!

I'm planning to stop bf when Q is 12 months. I love it and it's going to be sooooo but I need to be finished then. Anyone else planning on doing this or stopping soon after...etc.? I'm just wondering how I'm going to do it, reduce feeds gradually of course, but will I just, at exactly 12 months, give him cows milk from his sippy cup in place of normal bfs, then? Or do you need to give a formula or a follow on milk at this age?

star6 Thu 23-Jul-09 10:51:22

jenwa - I got that walker from netmums nearly new... someone was selling it.

myjobismum Thu 23-Jul-09 11:09:12

Star - it is not amazing - I wish she would sleep, she gets sooooo grumpy! Her nap this morning was a ambles - only 20mins rather than the nearly 2 hours she really needs! Glad the dress is fab smile I am stopping BF N at 12 months too - less than 2 months from now sad she only feeds properly morning and bedtime now anyway with a quick slurp after dinner - I plan to drop 1 feed at a time over the course of a week - and replace with cows milk from a cup - though if she totally refuses I will let her have it from a bottle for a short while. I am sad, but also know it is what I want to do - the thing that makes ne feel sad is I do not want her to feel upset.

MM - as for dancing - yes! pmsl - N sits on her bum and dances to DS's music like a true nutter - she squeals away at the same time so looks like a complete fruitcake grin

pistachio Thu 23-Jul-09 11:12:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now