Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2007 - all for one and one for all

(519 Posts)
Northernlurker Wed 15-Jul-09 13:12:28

New thread - sorry about the title, just start another one if you can't bear it - i won't mind smile

StealthPolarBear Wed 15-Jul-09 13:22:06

Hi NL!
Title is fine

Doobydoo Wed 15-Jul-09 16:24:06

Fine by mesmile
Hi all...and Hi Dippy.Again,don't forget we are here.
Lots going on but all seems trivial really.We are all very lucky with the important things I feel...sorry if that sounds trite but I hope you know what I mean.
xx

Bramshott Wed 15-Jul-09 18:59:45

Hi there. Sorry not to have been around much.

Dippy - so sorry to hear your family's news sad.

Currently undecided about whether I am dreading or looking forward to the holidays! I don't think I have enough childcare, and what I do have doesn't cross over very well so there are not that many times when both DDs are out of the house. When you work from home it's very tempting to think "oh it'll be fine, I can always work in the evenings", but it isn't nice to be permanently running to catch up!!

oooggs Wed 15-Jul-09 22:22:58

think I have made a few decisions re: work - or not as the case may be!!!!!!

You know how much I love their nursery but...... I don't like the travelling and the cost (which I know is cheap but I am due to go onto SMP then nil pay soon)

So I am toying with putting them in the new eco friendly nursery which is just about to be finished on ds1's school grounds!!!

It opens in September and they can go from Easter (must be 3) they can go 2.5 days a week and all I would be paying for would be £2.25 each on there full days to cover the lunchtime period and make them a packed lunch each.

I know this is only term time but if I went back to work I would struggle with holiday for 3/4 anyway, Luke can't get a place at nursery, the hours are good, and work is not good due to the credit crunch.

Not planning on handing in my notice, but extending my unpaid maternity leave until redundancy comes up again, thats if they don't close the office first.

What do you think???

oooggs Wed 15-Jul-09 22:23:59

dippy - still thinking of you and yours - you don't half get alot of bad luck sad

cazboldy Wed 15-Jul-09 23:21:09

Have found you all a last - I am drunk and cant sleep will catch up, but am thinking of you xx

been out for dinner wih some friends and had 6 glsases of wine xx lol

WaspElly Wed 15-Jul-09 23:51:28

Dippy, extended love to your rellys - no-one needs to go through something that horrid.

Ooogs - I'd like a Devon get together as it was nice with the S coast one last year

Octo - you must come (back) to Noss Mayo - what use are friends with seaside properties if you don't descend upon them in the summer?

SOL - Belated Happy birthday!

Bramshott Thu 16-Jul-09 09:22:41

I think your plan sounds very good Oooggs, as long as you can cope with the lack of salary (or maybe that was all going on childcare anyway?!). Having all 3 on one site sounds like bliss!

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jul-09 09:50:55

Morning everyone

oooggs Thu 16-Jul-09 10:13:32

Bramshott - I didn't earn very much as only did 16 hours. Currently 50% going on child care for dts.

Add Lukes childcare plus all the travelling and I won't be much worse off. Once the loft is paid for money will be on a more even keel.

Dh is all for me staying at home and cooking etc hmm

I will do something probably self employed when Luke is in pre school which will be all 4 of them in the same place whic will be super fantastic

Just upset at the thought of them leaving nursery, I wish I could take the staff with me. But I have to think of the bigger picture.

waspelly - would love to get together, maybe octo will divulge when she is next down wink

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jul-09 11:39:25

oooggs, your plan sounds good except I don't understand the bit about redundancy- can you explain? Are you planning not to work then?
I need a new job - someone magic one up for me!! I looked at one about a month ago - turns out I'd missed the deadline and it was still being advertised because of a technical error, it was perfect

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jul-09 16:32:13

no one around today on my day off?
And I understand why Dippy might be busy / not up for MN but hope she's OK

Sexonlegs Thu 16-Jul-09 17:43:01

Hi there. Am here but not much going on.

Work/childcare/housework grin

Dippy, hope you are ok my lovely xx

Oooggs, sounds like a good plan to me. I can't wait til B and K are in one place as ikwym re travelling about dropping off/picking up etc.

Hope everyone is ok.

Doobydoo Thu 16-Jul-09 19:13:35

Haloo.
Oooggs..sounds very sensible to me.Must be a logistical nightmare otherwise.
SPB..Sorry about the job,it's sodding typical isn't it?How are you doing with the hot wearher and pregnancy?I loathe the midges they make my head itch[unless it's nits!]grin
Well I think I got wrong end of stick re job soon on NICU.They are offering me placements on NICU and the Transitional Unit which is fab!and have said when I get me nursing pin back[May/June]would be job..so that is great long term.I also have placement on Paediatric Ward.However,short term is difficult...we have 20 quid at the mo to last us for 12 days...unless the Tax credit people by some miracle get them sorted!
Caz..good to see you.Hope you didn't have hangover and all is well with you lot.
Hello to all...it's started to rain...hurrahgrin

oooggs Thu 16-Jul-09 19:54:33

Katy - they have just offered voluntary redundancy to my grade. But I didn't bother. Now I am thinking that I would like it but not until Easter, fussy bugger me wink. They are trying to get rid of people and are closing offices due to the housing market slump.

I am planning on just increasing my time off unpaid (a career break) until I get offered VR or CR. Or I will return to work when all 4 at school (I can take up to 5 years unpaid and they will hold my job open).

CaptainDippy Thu 16-Jul-09 20:48:29

Hey all! smile Thank you for your sweet, thoguhtful messages etc ... just very busy atm, end of term madness and all that!! Doing ok here, obviously still very sad about my wee nephew. MIL visiting SIL and DH atm so guess I'll have some more news on how they are doing soon. I knoe they are very grateful that they already have a lovely little girl and she is keeping them postive and distracted smile

You guys are lovely smile

StealthPolarBear Fri 17-Jul-09 09:25:04

Morning everyone
Glad you're OK Dippy
Heavy rain and flooded roads here. Am on my second day off and can already feel that I don't want to go back to work!

Doobydoo Fri 17-Jul-09 19:32:34

Evening All.The front of our house is flooded.I had to wear wellies to get out to get ds1 from scholl,and when I got there though raining,everyone looked quite summery[with brollies]grin
I an off to my Grandad's memorial party tomorrow.I have made wheat free pizza dough,wheat pizza dough,wheat free choc loaf cake and wheat free Nigella Custard dreams....Dp will be fin ebut I have always been aroundsmileHave to go round golf course with ds1 first then off to Buckinghamshire.Hope all are ok.xxxxxxx

Sexonlegs Fri 17-Jul-09 21:29:08

Hi chaps

so quiet on here today.

Dooby, how's the flood?? B's reading book from school is called Flood strangely enough

SPB, are you not happy in your job then?

How is everyone else doing?

I am so glad it is Friday; this week has been LONG. Didn't mention it before with all Dippy was going through, but on my birthday, I managed to put hydrogen peroxide solution on my lens and in to my eye. OW OW OW! So, been a bit fragile. T'is fine now thankfully, but haven't dared put my lenses back in yet.

Doobydoo Fri 17-Jul-09 21:30:57

Eek SOL How painful[eyes make me squeamish] grin
Hope it clears up soon.
How is your mum?

Doobydoo Fri 17-Jul-09 21:31:31

Not sure why I put A GRIN THEREhmm

Sexonlegs Fri 17-Jul-09 22:33:25

Was like my eye was on fire! Managed to drag my lens out and wash out with water, but Sunday night I was in agony. Dh had booked us a table and arranged a baysitter as a surprise, but we had to cancel

Mum is ok, well as ok as she can be. I will know more in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking

Off to bed now as am shattered.

Night loves. xx

Sexonlegs Fri 17-Jul-09 22:33:28

Was like my eye was on fire! Managed to drag my lens out and wash out with water, but Sunday night I was in agony. Dh had booked us a table and arranged a baysitter as a surprise, but we had to cancel

Mum is ok, well as ok as she can be. I will know more in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking

Off to bed now as am shattered.

Night loves. xx

elkiedee Fri 17-Jul-09 22:33:38

Oooggs, hope the latest plan all works out.

SOL, ouch re eyes.

My mum will be in London tomorrow so looking forward to seeing her, and my aunt is having a celebration of her 69th birthday/her grand daughter's 5th birthday late afternoon/early evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now