Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 09 - Sore ladybits and melons for tits! [grin]

(776 Posts)
Quiltedrose Sun 21-Jun-09 20:30:45

Ok so there's only 2 of us so far but felt duty bound as the first July delivery to start the thread off!

'Pop' in when you're ready!!

QueenFee Sun 21-Jun-09 21:41:14

Just popping this on my watch list. Hoping to join you soon grin

Quiltedrose Mon 22-Jun-09 20:30:55

Sending lots of positive labour vibes Queenfee feeling a bit lonely out in PN land grin

LargeGlassofRed Mon 22-Jun-09 22:12:18

hopefully joining you very soon smile

Quiltedrose Tue 23-Jun-09 16:35:56

Great LGOR get swivelling on that birthing ball - come on girls get those babies out! Need some moral support for those post natal pelvic floor exercises! wink

Phoenix Tue 23-Jun-09 18:37:15

You are allowed back on Ante-natal you know quilted wink

Gillyan Fri 26-Jun-09 16:34:02

hello guys! I'm here! I had Summer Jennifer on 23/06/09 at 12.58pm by cesarean section!

I came home yesterday!

Feeling rteally good, the birth story is on the ante - natal thread if your interested on page 10.

hope you two are okay and your little ones are behaving!

Gillyan Fri 26-Jun-09 16:46:36

hello guys! I'm here! I had Summer Jennifer on 23/06/09 at 12.58pm by cesarean section!

I came home yesterday!

Feeling rteally good, the birth story is on the ante - natal thread if your interested on page 10.

hope you two are okay and your little ones are behaving!

rattling Fri 26-Jun-09 21:02:23

I dropped out of the July thread quite early as the pregnancy went a bit tits up - I filled up with gallons of fluid and developed pre-eclampsia which meant the boys (twins Magnus and Alasdair) were born 8 weeks early and will be 8 weeks next Wednesday! They were in SCBU for 4 weeks, but didn't need much help, just enough time to get strong enough to regulate their own temp and develop a sucking reflex. It did aid my recovery having to leave them in professional hands overnight while I went home to have a good sleep, but I will be a bit jealous of all the birth stories where you get to cuddle up to your new babies immediately. So I really should be hanging out in the born in May thread - but having followed the July thread for 7 months, you're stuck with us.

bozette Fri 26-Jun-09 21:11:35

rattling really good to hear from you and congratultions!! Fab names, glad all's going well now.

Phoenix Fri 26-Jun-09 21:15:29

Rattling - Congratulations on the birth of your boys

QueenFee Fri 26-Jun-09 22:09:42

congratulations rattling Just think you got to cuddle your babies 2 months before we did wink! Would love to see some pics of them.

christiana Sat 27-Jun-09 10:01:04

Message withdrawn

Patchybob Sat 27-Jun-09 18:41:04

Hi, sorry I know I shouldn't be here yet, 2 weeks to go for me. Christina I know an Alyssa, she is 6 and a friend of my dd. Very very sweet little girl.

I will go back to where I belong now!!

christiana Sun 28-Jun-09 10:52:27

Message withdrawn

london11 Sun 28-Jun-09 13:22:54

Can I join you on the teary day christiana? Day 3 and I am weepy - I have incredible guilt feelings for DS1 who has been my baby for 9 years. He has been fab, loves the babies and wants to help and cuddle them. He has a busy social, school and sports life that we have made sure hasn't been affected but I still feel awful everytime I have to say 'hang on a second'

The boys on the other hand barely cry at all which is great! Theo is slightly jaundice and we have to wake him to feed every 4 hours otherwise he would go 6 hours each time. Lewis on the other hand is feeding every 2 hours and is not impressed at being put down. We seem to be muddling through though!

LargeGlassofRed Sun 28-Jun-09 14:11:06

Hi all, now how you feel london feel the same for my other 3. Ds1 has been looking after me today and making me toast.
Dp's mum driving me mad. On day one said ' god look at the size of your belly you look like you have another in there! angry
Also really negative towards breast feeding keeps having little comments and offering to buy some bottles so dp can have a go angry.
The boys are gorgeous though just want to sit and stare at them. smile

christiana Sun 28-Jun-09 14:53:36

Message withdrawn

chellebelle Sun 28-Jun-09 17:37:40

Hello all, congratulations - thought I'd just pop in from antenatal to see how things are going smile

Christiana we were going with Alysia for quite a while, but have swapped now to Jessica, have you have a good nose around the baby name threads? You may find some inspiration there.

LGOR angry at your MIL - I know she's just trying to help but why can they not just support rather than suggest unhelpful alternatives???

Glad to hear you're all getting on well! Big hugs for the wobbly ones <<<hugs>>> I always have a wobble on day 3 and always forget about it until it's happening at which point I have a conversation with my mum who points out it's day 3 blues - this time I'm hoping to be a bit more prepared for it - may try to plan for the other 3 to be taken out and arm myself with chocolate, wine and tissues and just wallow smile

Have still got 3 and a half weeks til I'm due so will be a while til I'm on here officially. Will keep checking up on you all to see how things are going grin

Gillyan Mon 29-Jun-09 20:16:00

I feel fantastic today, water infection is gone and yes I got cranverry juice - I am a veteran of UTI's!

Got Summers birth registered this morning!

I am thrilled to bits cos I I started BF again last night and LO hasn't had a bottle all day! MW said no problme to have had abreak for a few dyas then started up, my nipple scabs had come off and my breasts had gone down a tad from the rock hard melons they were. I'm so pleased! I saw ther milk pouring out yesterdya and couldn't bare to waste it so I expressed some to see if there was much there and I got 2 ounces which the MW said was really good for the first time and that my 2 days of BF from birth had had an effect.

babe has put a few ounces back on and had her heal prick test done today - I have to say I seem to be blessed with a chilled out little dude of a baby! I heard someone saying in the park yesterday that they were driving around a 3 am with their baby trying to get it to sleep!!! I am very lucky!

Recovery from section - I am so much better again today, managed to walk round Sainsburys yesterday and go to the park for 2 hrs. I can now get up from lying down onmy own and I can put my own knickers on too! Woo! It's only day 6 and I thought I would be feeling much worse.

Hope you are all okay and not suffering in this heat too much

Mij Tue 30-Jun-09 20:47:27

Hello - I've graduated!

Just popping in to say I put birth announcement on ante-natal thread and will be back again soon smile

christiana Wed 01-Jul-09 09:01:21

Message withdrawn

Mij Wed 01-Jul-09 16:00:04

Poor, poor Woollyjo. Sitting here with tears streaming down my face with my shiny new baby girl feeling desperately guilty but incredibly blessed.

christiana Wed 01-Jul-09 17:15:28

Message withdrawn

Gillyan Wed 01-Jul-09 19:49:03

I echo you cristiana I feel very lucky to have both my LO's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now