Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 07 - From babies to toddlers to Little People; my how the last two years have flown by!

(1001 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-May-09 19:05:35

smile

A big Happy Birthday for the weeks ahead.

And to remind everyone......the birthday honours list:

Natty's DD - 24/05/07
Lilkel's DD - 25/05/07
Norty's DD - 02/06/07
Izzybel's DD - 02/06/07
Daisy's DD - 05/06/07
Derlor's DD - 08/06/07
FairyFay's DS - 10/06/07
Trace's DD - 11/06/07
BadZelda's DD - 12/06/07
Jammy's DD - 13/06/07
SeansGirl's DS - 14/06/07
Motherhurdicure's DS - 14/06/07
Sputnik's DS - 15/06/07
Tallulabelle's DD - 16/06/07
Ria's DS - 19/06/07
Bumper's DD - 20/06/07
Fury's DS - 21/06/07
Andiem's DS - 21/06/06
Holly's DS - 23/06/07
DKMA's DS - 01/07/07
Justbeme's DD 10/07/07
Annobal's DS - 10/07/07
Foxy's DD - 12/07/07

Lots of missing posters from even a year ago....if anyone is lurking come and say Hi and let us know how your LO is doing smile

and I can't remember what name motherhurdicure is using at the minute, but where are you?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-May-09 19:38:34

<cuts the cake, swigs the gin lemonade, stuffs in a handful of jellybeans, taps fingers waiting for the other birthday guests to arrive>

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 19:39:41

La la la love you!

LittleMissNorty Wed 27-May-09 19:58:48

Hello smile

Hello Holly.....do you just lurk these days?

Happy Anniversary Daisy.....its mine Friday week......five years! Where has the time gone?

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 20:02:15

Oh I am a bit of a lurkey lurker, but it all moves a bit fast for me nowadays! I catch up and then I get distracted by the dcs killing each other, then I forget and then the day has gone!

How are you?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-May-09 20:02:40

Hey guys, come on in and join the party grin

I should be talking with my DH but he and DS are upstairs watching the David Attenborough thing from last night on iplayer.

We are going out for a drink at the weekend, or maybe a meal.

LittleMissNorty Wed 27-May-09 20:04:26

I'm about to go and eat lasangne and garlic bread but will be back cos the fucking footie is on again.......but nearly the end of the season I think.

I had a child-free afternoon today shock.....but I did have to go to an AGM in London to get it....hmm

LittleMissNorty Wed 27-May-09 20:05:11

Holly, this thread does not move fast these days....good to see you though. Are you all well?

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 27-May-09 20:05:41

Hi all. Nice thread title

Sorry you're feeling the strain Daisy and Fury. Glad you had a nice break though Daisy and all was well with you and your siblings. Hope you have a nice tirp Ria.

Had a day out in London with Jamlet on my niece's toddler-friendly hen do. We went to the Natural history museum, which was heaving, and had a sandwich and saw the mammals (queue for the dinosaurs was horrendous). Then we had a walk in Hyde Park and went to Kensington Palace, and then for afternoon tea in their tea rooms. Jamlet was very good most of the day apart from a bit of stroppiness with not wanting to walk as she got tired, and nicking some chewing gum from Sainsburys at Paddington Station blush. I only noticed she had it when we got on the train and we didn't have time then to go take it back. I had a bit of a stomach upset thing though between Kensigton Palace and Paddington and only just made it to the loo in time blush. But otherwise it was a lovely day.

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 20:15:02

Everything moves too fast for me these days! I am also very easily distracted!

I heart the Natural History Museum, glad you had a lovely time Jammy.

V envy of the going out for a drink daisy! Hope you have fun. I still can't leave ds for more than a couple of hours, so haven't had that luxury for a looooong time!!

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 27-May-09 20:40:25

Good to see you Holly. Long time no see.

Am exhausted. Did a lot of walking today. Pedometer has clocked up 18000 steps! Got to go pack in a bit though as me & Jamlet are going to my parents tomorrow, staying until Sunday. So might be absent from here for a few days.

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:41:10

motherhurdicure - thebutterflyeffect - is currently living it up right nice in the US

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:42:29

HELLLOOOOOOO HOLLY

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 20:44:01

Hi dude! How's the bump and the spd? Hope you're not suffering too much.

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:46:00

bump = fucking massive
spd = fucking painful

wearing a dirty big tubigrip thing that is so tight it makes me feel sick

Otherwise I am just AWESOME

My mother calls bump 'Gilbert'. I hasten to add this will not be bumps name on entry.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-May-09 20:46:01

butterflyeffect; that's it <sieve for brains>

she sure gets around doesn't she? I had hoped she has just lost us rather than forgotten about us.

where's foxy these days as well; she isn't around much at all.

Now who was asking about the natural lifespan of a PN thread? I'd hate to think this one is coming to the end of it's life sad

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-May-09 20:47:32

lol atg Gilbert.....g'wan you know you want to grin

I have a couple of those tubigrips fury; tres sexy, but blardy awful and hot and sweaty in the summertime!

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:48:46

Daisy I reckon it is tbh

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 20:48:55

Gilbert?! hmm and grin Being pg is shit, you have my sympathies sad.

I've just had a lovely long chat with the fox on FB. It was fab to talk to her, hence coming to find you lovely ladies!

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:49:34

At the end of its life, that is

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:50:24

I think Foxy is busy, she has had some sick DC's... Holly I also had a lovely chat with her, she is still around, just not <here>

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Wed 27-May-09 20:51:53

Fury, surely gilbert bump will make an exit rather than an entry?

that this thread might be coming to the end of its life. But I'm afraid it does seem to be on the wane

HellHathNoFury Wed 27-May-09 20:53:41

Exit from fanjo - entry to world - whatever grin

Either way, he shalt not be named Gilbert

He has a name, tis secret

HollyPutTheKettleOn Wed 27-May-09 20:56:56

Is his name Roger or Derek?!

I don't think this thread is coming to an end, I think it's just a temporary lull. Our dcs are at a difficult age and need constant supervision (well constantish). I think once they are a bit less likely to cause mischief or kill themselves then people will come back and be able to chat for longer. I know I will.

LittleMissNorty Wed 27-May-09 20:57:33

Twas me that was wondering about shelf life. I think its a shame if we are at the end of it....I thought I'd made some good friends, and I still enjoy talking to you all. And although DD is now 2, I still get masses of advice and tips on how to deal with her.

Sympathy to you Natty and Fury....I'm never being pregnant ever again!

This thread is not accepting new messages.