Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May babies.... build an extension!

(183 Posts)
GeorginaA Mon 11-Apr-05 15:30:12

There ya go

helsy Mon 11-Apr-05 16:56:09

I'm touched! How many messages before you have to start a new thread, then?

GeorginaA Mon 11-Apr-05 17:42:25

Dunno.... just go on how slow the thread is getting... we've managed between 400-about 6/700 before I think.

egypt Mon 11-Apr-05 21:02:59

oh
hello there

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:03:10

hee hee well done on the title!

Georgina, yes plaster dust... my mum is getting work done and her house is finely coated. DD crawls there and looks like she has been quarrying. I remember grit in my pasta from when we had a teeny bit of wall removed in our last flat.

Blimey Egypt, that all sounds pretty exciting. how many children are you planning?? does sound great though.

Does everyone get extension fever when they have a baby?

Libb, I did remember that our two were very similarly 'birthed'. wonder if astrologers think they ought to share characeteristics? (Not sure that it was stars that gave us those nassssty tears though)

egypt Mon 11-Apr-05 21:04:23

bollox
i've just opened the washing machine door and flooded the floor

pants

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:06:00

don't worry egypt I'm here with my hairy grey floorcloth

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:07:19

hello

ooo are we 'avin' a swim round Egypt's house then?

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:08:25

I am in a god-awful mood - have just bitten DH's head off (undeservedly) 3 times till he asked what was wrong, and to be honest I don't blinkin' well know - I'm just feeling paranoid, and antsy and shite today (well since about 4ish)

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:09:52

do you want a comforting suck of my floorcloth Twig?

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:11:07

eeeewwwwwwwwww

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:11:18

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:11:36

I am running a badedas bath and about to open a bottle of wine

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:12:24

much better plan come to think of it. enjoy.

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:13:20

and on the one hand we have bubbles and chardonay

and on the other a suck of a mouldy old floor rag

ooo I dunno - its a close call

JoolsToo Mon 11-Apr-05 21:15:22

I am a confused old woman - what are you all on about?

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:17:44

JoolsToo, it's the start of a new maybabies thread and we just have to fill it up very very fast! nature abhors a vacuum y'know...

GeorginaA Mon 11-Apr-05 21:18:50

PMSL

You're not going to dunk the floorcloth in the wine are you?

I've been in the kitchen all bloody day today. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice kitchen (albeit with no floor covering and half the power sockets hanging off the walls) but I didn't intend to spend that much time cooking.

First nap this morning I made some baked apples and raisins for ds2. Lunchtime I made couscous with chicken, onion & peas for us all. Fortunately both of those went down well. Lunchtime I spent ages prepping a lasagne for the evening meal, just sat down and ds2 woke up from his nap. Cooked pasta & sauce for ds2 which he hated (fortunately ds1 ate it for him instead) - chucked the lasagne in the oven for us. Ds1 hated that though. Have managed to do about 3 dishwasher loads today as well! (I'm a use everything in the kitchen cook...)

Sort of feeling smug that I actually managed to do real cooking for the first time in ages (no builders today, yay!) but I think I overdid it. Really ought to do some more cooking to stock up the freezer for ds2 as we've run out of everything but soooo can't be bothered.

JoolsToo Mon 11-Apr-05 21:19:08

oh - gotcha - best get out of here sharpish - it may be catching

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:21:54

hello Jools - stay and play

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:22:24

<<flaps floorcloth saucily at departing JoolsToo>>

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:23:16

<<offers marmitey snacks too>>

Twiglett Mon 11-Apr-05 21:23:39

<<thinks menancingly: come anywhere near my wine and you've had it>>

GeorginaA Mon 11-Apr-05 21:32:19

Do I get marmitey snacks too? *looks hopeful*

Oh someone please tell me I did a cooking job today and help me feel a validated useful member of society...

... I once managed people in a big office, you know... * sob *

spots Mon 11-Apr-05 21:39:09

I will eat your lasagne G. (AND you can try my cloth if you want).

Must do useful things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now