Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2008 Shiny New Year Toddlers - first steps to mischief !!!

(997 Posts)
Lilyloo Tue 27-Jan-09 10:58:53

Hope that's ok all smile

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 11:07:15

A little tear in my eye as the threads with the word baby in are gone sad

My baby is growing up <sob>

AngeChica Tue 27-Jan-09 11:15:46

hello all feeling a bit better but still off work today.

DS was up faffing about 11-12 and 3 - 4.3O so have laid all my sleep woes out here.

I curse the day I started with a dummy TBH!

Lilyloo Tue 27-Jan-09 11:24:07

Ange have replied on your thread.

Simps sad too it has gone in the blink of an eye!

However on the mischief front M has opened the thread nicely hmm

All my clean washing on the table has been pulled off on to the floor. And M is sat under the table with a tub of paint which must have fell out of the craft box when dd spilt it before pre school this morning shock don't need to tell you the rest but my washing is now a very fetching shade of blue shock

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 27-Jan-09 11:24:17

just gettin the thread on my list

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 11:31:45

LOL at martha grin sorry I know you won't find it funny though!!

On the mischief front DD was put in bumbo in front room eating toast, I heard a few Uh oh's which means she has dropped something. Then she appeared at kitchen door, God knows how she got out without a)making a noise I was only sweeping floor b)without tipping bumbo over as it is in exactly the same position but without her in it!! grin

Ange - will read your thread now...

Lilyloo Tue 27-Jan-09 12:20:50

ooh Simps maybe she feels she has to live up to thread title now!
At least it still wasn't attached to her bum i guess grin

Gingeme Tue 27-Jan-09 13:00:13

Oh no lillyloo shock grin

LaTrucha Tue 27-Jan-09 14:45:06

Ok help. Paranoid LaTrucha two days before we leave. Sabela has a temperature. Not way high but high and for at least a couple of hours. Now, she could be teething. She could also have another UTI. Do your babies have temps when they teethe and when would you start worrying?

No Madmouse, I would have done it anyway. I have confessed to DH and he was angry but I'm doing him a massive favour by going to Spain at all so I guess he backed down.

LaTrucha Tue 27-Jan-09 14:55:42

Sorry. Thanks for new thread!

Fragolina Tue 27-Jan-09 15:27:39

grin at naughty antics, but with sympathy!

LaT - if temp lowering with calpol/ibuprofen, I wouldn't worry - T's temp seems to fluctuate when teething, and unless she seems to be distressed, I usually let her get on with it. Did S sleep normally today and does she seem her usual lovely self?

Sooorrry, not going to make meet up as only just realised a few mins ago from JKS' post that it is tomorrow!!!! So I am now offically a crap mnet buddy who has never made it to a meet up. And I was really excited too.

Manic waves, and hurried kisses as rush off before boss catches me mnetting.

PS: If this pace of life continues, I better buy shares in pharmaceuticals hmm

OchAyeballsintheSky Tue 27-Jan-09 15:31:15

Hello all. Is it too late for me to join in. I have a January 08 toddler baby too but I never got to grips with the birth club as it was too big and I arrived too late.

You all know each other so well so I'll sod off if you want! And if I don't reply till later it's because I'm just back at work and trying to not Mnet be efficient!

JustKeepSwimming Tue 27-Jan-09 15:33:53

Fragolina - it's 28th Feb grin

lol at martha, poor you having to deal with all that washing again.

um, brain is mush today. was awake for no reason at midnight hmm then for about an hour listening to ds2 coughing at 3am. then both up at 6.30.
H resisting nap, has had calpol and think he may have given in now...
we have a docs appt tomorrow for his eyes, they are sticky and horrible, and yucky ears, and cough & cold. the pharmacist couldn't give me anything as he's under 2.
prob shouldn't have sent him to nursery yesterday either.
nope, he's still crying
we're finally going through the standing in the cot and crying stage as <drum roll> he's learnt to roll over!!!
great.
not.

trying DS1 with Mary Poppins......seems to be watching it....

thanks madm - not much more positive today really. must shake myself out of this before i drive myself crazy!

<yaawwwwnnnn>

LuckySalem Tue 27-Jan-09 15:52:14

ochaye - course you can join - funny to run into you again wink

Simps and Lily - sorry but LOL at both their antics grin

still not very good at catching up sorry all. DD refusing to nap I think she's trying to drop all her naps.

I tried to get a toy kitchen from freecycle yesterday but just been mailed to say its gone sad ahh well.

Anyways... hope all you is well.

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 15:56:18

Back from toddler hell group am knackered!!

Frag - meet up is 28th Feb...please come!!

Ayeballsinthesky - not too late to join at all grin Do you have a DS or DD? You will find us a chatty bunch grin

JKS - Hope H not too bad tonight till you get to docs <hopeful>

LaT - can't help you sorry as still no teeth here grin Think if calpol/nurofen keeps temp down I would not worry too much. She may refuse food for a bit but just get water/fluids into her. Hope Sabela better soon...Just what you don't need before traveling though.

Gingeme Tue 27-Jan-09 15:56:58

Welcome ballsinthesky grin lol at trying to be efficient at work and not mn. I won't tell promise grin
JKS you sound like you have a bad case of sleep deprivation sad hope tonights better. Your a light sleeper like me. As soon as one of there eyes open I can hear it hmm
Lat second what Frag says if her temp is lowering a bit with the usual over the counter remedies all should be fine. Keep us posted. Hope she improves xx
re London meet up would anyone like to come to my house? Its pretty easy to get to on the Picadilly line! smile just though it might be a bit more comfy and probably more child friendly. Does that mean I'm lazy? Probably....

JustKeepSwimming Tue 27-Jan-09 16:02:00

G - count me in grin well depending when we go for, but probably anyway!

Lat - hope S is ok.

OchAye - welcome grin
(i always meant to join the PN group for ds1 and never got round to it so well done you!)

Given up on H's nap. that's the first time in months i've had a problem getting him to settle. hope not a sign of things to come...

Yes i'm prob just tired + hormonal.
Have orchestra later which is fun but a pain as it means i can't go to bed early.

going to try and do sausages & mash for tea later (well there was mash frozen so that's cheating sorted!).

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 16:18:00

G count me in too grin

When are we thinking of?

Gingeme Tue 27-Jan-09 16:30:34

Anywhere between the 9th and 20th Feb. Choice is yours bearing in mind 15-20th is half term so all my boys will be here smile

Gingeme Tue 27-Jan-09 16:32:02

Not that theres anything wrong with my boys lol. More the merrier I guess. DH can be on tea and biscuits duty grin

LuckySalem Tue 27-Jan-09 16:35:34

Aww I kinda wanna live in London now (even with all the busy traffic)

DD is currently playing with my trainers - putting them on her feet/off her feet/under the computer/back out the computer and start again! lol All the time babbling away (as though she's telling them this is what's being done) lol

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 16:53:44

Gingeme - 9th, 10th, 11th, 19th are the only dates I can do. Got lots hosp appts etc and my Gran's 90th party. Also want DH off work so I don't have to worry about DS.

What is the nearest tube?

Lucky - LOL at A!!

LaTrucha Tue 27-Jan-09 19:09:51

Thanks guys. She seems ot be ok. HEr temp has gone down after Calpol, so it's probably just teeth.

I might not be around for a few days. I'm not sure. If not, the next time you hear from me I'll be in Spain!

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

madmouse Tue 27-Jan-09 19:25:07

hello ochaye and welcone, never too late smile

LaT no Nathan does not, but Sabela always has fevers before teeth as far as I can remember? I am always worried about fevers just before going abroad. I am sure she will be fine. If you think it could be uti see if doc will give you some antibiotics in case

Nathan had a busy day. he had his massage and a little play in the place we will meetup in. lily, I have inspected the parking situation smile

Nathan is also on an eating marathon:
1.5 weetabix with fruit puree
a large pot fromage frais
a whole jar of lunch
a pot of yogurt
a whole jar of dinner (he wants cold jars atm for teething)
assorted pieces of bread, crackers, fruit and some chips stolen from dh's plate in kea
his tummy is stretched out hmm

simpson Tue 27-Jan-09 20:00:06

LOL at Nathan's tummy stretched out grin

Did he really eat 1.5 weetabix? shock

After DD has had her tea (biggest meal of the day) you can see her little belly straining in her clothes smile

LaT - oooh the next time we "speak" you might be in Spain!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now