Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2007 - Time to round up the stragglers, and yes, that means YOU!!!

(585 Posts)
PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 02-Oct-08 23:07:10

smile

runnyhabbit Thu 02-Oct-08 23:09:55

Ok, so last time I posted on here, I was determined to make sure I had some nice happy news

smileJ started fulltime school on Weds, and is really getting stuck into itsmile

but (and here comes my regular rubbish news)
I didn't get to experience any of it because I had been re-admitted to hospital Mon night, and was only allowed home this morning
The pain came back Mon night, so dh took me straight to a&e, and luckily they saw me pretty much straight away. Had a few scans, nothing conclusive, so the dr basically said the last reaming kidney stone had passed, but left behind a rather nasty infection which was causing my pain. Feel a nit washed out, but the ab and painkillers are doing their job.

There, that was quite a good balance of nice/not so nice news from rh landgrin

<<<rh now wonders how on earth she catch up on everyone elses newshmm>>>

runnyhabbit Thu 02-Oct-08 23:10:24

sorry if you already read it on the other thread blush

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 02-Oct-08 23:12:11

I've been talking to myself on other thread whilst trying to talk to you grin

runnyhabbit Thu 02-Oct-08 23:14:49

well stay on this one thengrin

I'm going to have a leisurely read of the whole the thread tomorrow. J in school, and W with my mum. Not intending to get dressed til about lunchtimegrin

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 02-Oct-08 23:17:23

lunchtime? I wouldn't bother at all grin

(just don't go opening the door in the buffwink)

runnyhabbit Thu 02-Oct-08 23:32:04

pmsl - I meant to say that I'll be in my pjs gringrin

Pesha Fri 03-Oct-08 00:29:58

Just adding you to my threads before bed! D upstairs playing in his cot, wonder if I can sneak passed unnoticed hmm

Runny glad you've got some abs now, hope they do the trick smile

Sexonlegs Fri 03-Oct-08 07:59:21

Morning

Runny, glad you are back home. Hope you start to feel loads better soon.

Thanks for the new thread POTC. Glad you are having a lovely time.

All ok here. Have something I want to run past you for your views please.

As you know, my db lives abroad with his 4 dc. My cousin is having a glamorous 40th party, and db will be over here anyway and is going to come with 1 ds. However dc are not allowed to the party which tbh is fair enough. The outlaws are having B and K and have offered to have db and nephew (the party is in the same City as they live)Wth me still???

Anyway, my dad emails me and says that db may not stay with dh's parents but may stay in a hotel with mum, dad and other family.

I am a bit miffed. Of course I want to see my nephew, but I have also been looking forward to this party for months and now feel a bit annoyed that db will not be staying and having responsibility of W over night.

AIBU?

I suggested to dh that we too stay in the hotel and his parents have all 3 overnight [cheeky] I know, I know... I said I wouldn't want K staying with them, but then needs must!!! God, I am such a bitch.

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Oct-08 08:55:00

Hi everyone
runny, sorry to hear you're in pain again
POTC nice to see you back
SOL - I need to re-read that!!

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Oct-08 08:58:35

I'm sorry SOL I still don't follow! Who is W? Is that your nephew?

AngeG Fri 03-Oct-08 09:33:24

Hello smile

I can't believe DH said you'd all been relegated!! He is right I have a new Wii and Wii fit so have been spending time exercising, but I have also been reading and catching up with you all, but have nothing different/interesting to say so haven't blush

Runny - Sorry you've been ill again. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Oooggs - Glad J is more settled at school.

Pehsa - childminding sounds like a great idea!

I don't think I've seen Elkie here for a while? Hope she's ok.

SOL - Let me see if I get this. Your DB and his DS were going to stay with your inlaws with B and K and you and DH? Yes? But now he's not and instead he's going to stay in a hotel with your Mum and Dad? Seems a bit silly for your nephew to be in a hotel for a party if he can't attend? I can see where you're coming from.

POTC - Sorry I missed your call last night. Hope you had a good chat with DHhmm I was out for chinese with my Mums Group friends!
Did I say I had my school reunion on Saturday? It was a really weird and funny evening seeing people I haven't seen for 13 years shock it felt like I was 15 again!! I was going to drive but I then decided to drink and ended up ringing my brother who lives 25 mins in the opposite direction to me to come and get me and take me home blush Bless him he came did it though.

Anyway hello to everyone I've missed. Better go and get off to work.
Loads of love to you all xxx

Pesha Fri 03-Oct-08 09:36:50

So if db stays in hotel he wont be able to go to party with you as he will have his dc - W? And you will see less of them both, both at party and otherwise so you would like ILs to have all 3 and you stay in hotel so you get to get drunk with him see more of him - is that right?

If that is right then YANBU at all to want to see more of your brother who lives abroad, cant see why anyone would think YABU. If I'm wrong and its something else then I agree yes, you are a bitch BU for confusing me and spb and making us look stupid! wink wink

Terrible night with D. He has horrid cold and cough, I didn't get to sleep til half 2, then he was awake again at half 3 and then up at 7. Hopefully he is as tired as me and will sleep soon for at least 2 hours! hmm

runnyhabbit Fri 03-Oct-08 09:42:20

I have just found 11 odd socks
Not one single pair
Didn't even think I had that many socks in the first placegrin

Pesha Fri 03-Oct-08 09:42:25

Yes Ange we believe you hmm wink
Have you got Mario at the olympics? I pmsl playing that with J, my arms were killing me from all the waving you have to do and I was laughing too hard to do it properly!! DC seem to manage it ok though hmm blush Is wii fit any good?
Am tempted to get it but seems a lot of money.

Pesha Fri 03-Oct-08 09:44:03

Oh and hello btw, we've missed you, glad you had a good night yadda yadda yadda. Now about wii fit... wink

Runny - DS1 has an entire drawer full of odd socks, I'm hoping it becomes a fashion thing soon and we'll be ok hmm That was the dog's fault though, he has a sock fetish!

runnyhabbit Fri 03-Oct-08 09:45:23

SOL - Give the dc to the outlaws to babysit, and spend some much needed time getting drunk catching up with db (obv this advice is assuming the situation is what Pesha and Ange have saidgrin) Otherwise feel free to ignore.

Now going to try and find some matching socks

CaptainDippy Fri 03-Oct-08 09:50:01

Morning smile Thanks for the new thread POTC - good to "see" you smile

oooggs Fri 03-Oct-08 09:50:13

I have just found a triple pushchair in Orpington, Kent. Mum & Dad are in Dover at half term wonder if they would pick it up? hmm I haven't time to bid (it finishes in 15 mins) so can't bid until I know more details (and the photos are crap!)

here would it solve my school run problems?

CaptainDippy Fri 03-Oct-08 09:56:09

Just loading up the page to have a look for you oooggs smile

Pesha Fri 03-Oct-08 10:02:01

I'm thinking of writing a children's book about the sock people who sneak in in the night and steal all the socks and then disappear back to their magical world of socks.

They would look something like this

[needs to get a life]

oooggs Fri 03-Oct-08 10:05:42

dippy I think it is the same as this

I have emailed them to contact me if it didn't sell to see if we could come to some sort of arrangement (and to give me time to ask parents!)

CaptainDippy Fri 03-Oct-08 10:12:07

Wow - it looks good oogggs - do the chairs lie flat? I hope you managed to come to a suitable arrangement with them - You are certainly going to need something like that to get through the school run. How far is the school from your house? Guess you could always go for the double buggy / sling thing for a while, that's what I used to have to do ... killed my shoulders though!!

runnyhabbit Fri 03-Oct-08 10:18:08

oooggs - agree with dippy about lie-flat. But at the bottom of the add it says free shipping to anywhere in UK, so wouldn't need to worry about arranging collection

runnyhabbit Fri 03-Oct-08 10:20:19

pesha - lol at that picturegrin

right need to have a cuppa and take my ab

will be back in a bit (or might just curl up on the sofa with a dvd)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now