Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2008: Please give us a smile (preferably not wind generated)

(987 Posts)
SazzlesA Wed 01-Oct-08 18:44:48

Message withdrawn

cyteen Wed 01-Oct-08 18:52:17

Great new thread title Sazz, well done!

SazzlesA Wed 01-Oct-08 18:58:26

Message withdrawn

Sibh Wed 01-Oct-08 19:30:32

A great thread Sazzles. Maybe TS is still on the old one posting at a fantastic rate ... grin. Fab news on the clinic and the weight loss Dizzy.

Got to run as I've 3 to put to bed ...

PetitFilou1 Wed 01-Oct-08 20:00:52

Tobes does some lovely smiles (but only in his sleep atm!)

no1 You do realise, don't you, that knowingly or not, you have introduced the 'woman who cannot be named on MN''s routine into your household don't you? Almost to the letter!

I'm afraid Toby's 'routine' is a bit different every day depending on what is going on. I have learnt I have to be flexible - which is not my preference but avoids me being desperately stressed if things are not going to plan (which they invariably aren't here grin )

blush so my sil just informed me, I had no idea, dd just fell into it and i had no idea who 'she' was until I joined mumsnet, which was after i had her.
Works for me.
Although someone did tell me to start my day at 7 am, so is this where it stems from then?

cheerfulvicky Wed 01-Oct-08 20:11:31

Great new thread title sazzles Had a few smiles today from Felix while I was gently stroking his face with a finger, he seems to like that. So I rushed for the camera and got a few sort of smiles, will try and upload later...

I'm with those of you suffering on the not-sleeping front, at least until last night when I was so tired I felt like crying, after a few days and nights without DP's help and a grumpy, wakeful baby. Last night he slept for four hours in a row, it was beautiful.

argh, hes crying, must go. cyteen, hugs to you, hope you're feeling better today.

PetitFilou1 Wed 01-Oct-08 20:16:17

lol - yes the 7am start is key to it. Obviously 'her' routine changes as your lo gets older though - and the nap times are structured as well as feed times. Personally I think the timings you've described are the natural ones a baby this age prefers - so it is just coincidence really. But definitely made me lol that you didn't realise!

Toby is asleep at the moment - in his car seat after coming back with the other dcs at 6pm. Lord knows when he is going to wake up now. I will have to wake him up anyway to get him out of his coat and into his sleepsuit! And he hasn't had a bath yet this week blush Just too hard without dh around to help...

ah Well I cant see how nap times can be structured, my dd has always 2 hors ish but never at the same time, I think that def has to be flexible or how on earth would you leave the house.

PetitFilou1 Wed 01-Oct-08 20:25:24

You basically train them into it and you don't leave the house at those times. Can be very irritating for those mothers not following the same method ...... and involves a lot of rushing home to get dcs to sleep in the cot in a darkened room grin

oopsacoconut Wed 01-Oct-08 20:53:16

Hi All

Was typing a huge messagecatching up with everone when DD acked up her entire last 2 hour's cluster feeds!!!!! I popped upstair to do some tiding and DH decided to pop her into the bath with him - it was too hot so when I rescued her she fed for two minutes and yacked the whole semi curdled lot on me, the computer, the sofa, my yummy fresh scallops and stir fried vegetables sad So Leftovers for me tonight - I couldn't bear to steal DH's he has been looking ofrard to it all day.

Cyteen HUGS to you

Everyone else - will try catch up later whne all cleared up and dinner eaten.

alittlebitshy Wed 01-Oct-08 20:57:58

just getting this onto my threads list. was going to comment on routines -but my ds clearly knew this and is refusing to go to sleep as per his routine so i won't say a word grin. Sat here with baby monitor hoping Idon't have to go up too many more times.

poppysocks Wed 01-Oct-08 21:03:55

SiL did the routine of she who cannot be named and it was a nightmare for trying to see them. In retrospect she too accepts that it was and made it a lot more difficult than it needed to be to make friends as she could only get out and about if it fitted in with the routine hmm.

I was pretty routine led last time but certainly couldn't manage the 7am start of GF blush. This time, no chance. Apart from bedtime, it's all a case of whatever we can manage. Having done both now, IMHO I do think that bf lends itself more to the more laissez-faire approach, while you have to be more organised with bottles, so a routine is probably more likely to develop.

TwilightSurfer Wed 01-Oct-08 21:19:40

blushsmile

TwilightSurfer Wed 01-Oct-08 21:23:06

sorry Sazzles guess I was having a manic moment earlier hmm

smile love the new thread wink

SazzlesA Thu 02-Oct-08 07:48:23

Message withdrawn

ah what about settling for a nightlight.

It is terrible here, raining all night.

Off to sisters now as sil is doing our hair today. yeah

So after dicovering my routine hope I am not an outcast now sad

Must say I have been searching some threads on the 'matter' must say I am quite shocked suprised shock

Will I now get in trouble, am I allowed to say that

OOPS soory about your dinner.

Buckets Thu 02-Oct-08 09:01:59

Sambo, exactly how much research into breastfeeding has your DP done? Tell him you won't be taking any uninformed advice thank you very much (although he might be right, I had some very unsettled nights when I was living off sandwiches - but he doesn't need to know thatwink.)
Re sore boobs the answer is usually hot flannels, paracetamol and keep feeding like billio to clear any blockagessad.

Woke up with a migraine todaysad and got cleaner coming in half an hour so no chance of staying in bed and ignoring the kids - she might report me to NSPCCgrin.

I'm beginning to panic a bit about bringing Kurt to help out at Saturday's NCT sale. Considering I have a huge box of 50 items to carry too, I'm going to have to get there at 6am to park near the front door! Or maybe I'll find someone to hold him while I go back for the box - some people seem to actually like babies don't they?wink Am v pleased with myself for decluttering 50 items and labelling them all up in complicated NCT style.

Buckets Thu 02-Oct-08 09:06:43

My kids just fell into their own routines once they found their thumbs and we could tell what was genuine hunger (with the price of formula you do get a bit resentful about wasted feeds LOL.) DH wants me to go out on Monday evening and he'll feed Kurt but I'm too chicken he'll just throw all the EBM and formula in the house at him every time he cries and end up going nuts. Come on thumb!

PetitFilou1 Thu 02-Oct-08 09:21:57

Morning all
I think we better steer clear of discussing the woman who cannot be named any further.... doubt MN wants anymore lawsuits issued! grin

Have had a terrible night. Toby up at 11, 12.30, 1.30, 3am (whereupon dd decides to get up and stay up until 4.30am) EVERYTIME I had just got Toby back off to sleep she came back in and he woke up again. Eventually I went to sleep squeezed in between both of them. Managed to get them out of the house on time (just) but have not had a bath this morning (I do have deodorant on though so don't worry)

He's had a bit of food this morning at 6.30 but didn't seem to want more (probably because I shoved it in to try to get him back to sleep all night blush) Will see when he wakes up again....

sazzles Any chance of getting a dimmer switch that you could gradually dim down over a few days???

PetitFilou1 Thu 02-Oct-08 09:25:34

Just bumping this to avoid any confusion
with the other thread which Sambo is still posting on

TwilightSurfer Thu 02-Oct-08 09:30:57

Sazzles how about getting one of those lights up crib soothers:

this

or

this

TwilightSurfer Thu 02-Oct-08 09:36:30

Reese slept 9:30pm to 4am almost without issue. i did get up at some point and bring her in the bed with me because she was cold. i heard her poop a little then she dozed off again...with dummy (the pacey sort...not me!), of corse.

SazzlesA Thu 02-Oct-08 09:40:34

Message withdrawn

PetitFilou1 Thu 02-Oct-08 09:41:03

TS want to swap children? I am seriously thinking of going back to bed this morning given that Toby is asleep now (otherwise my tolerance for the others when they come back from nursery will be in my boots I'm afraid)

Tolerance for dh who has basically not been here since Monday is also in my boots- he better bloody remember our anniversary on Sunday that's all I can say......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now