Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'January 08 shiny new - year babies , Keep rolling , rolling , rolling !'

(936 Posts)
lilyloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:23:41

hope everyone finds it smile

lilyloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:29:54

Lucky so sorry to hear about dd she really sounds to be suffering sad How is she if you put her in cot ? I thin it may have to be cc as you sound exhausted!

LaTrucha dd doesn't feed to sleep at all in the day / bedtime but still wants feeds in the night so don't thini it's as hard to break the association. I am glad she will take dummy though a life saver. Have you tried a cherry one.
Organix breadsticks have no salt.

Nicky we have a cheap Hauck one which is great.

Poltac great that you can stop the job and be a sahm.

JKS hope you can get swimming it was worth the hassle.

Sorry that's all i can remember back to the other thread to re check.

Mrs Mc did you post ?

lilyloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:33:02

La Trucha if she had sweetcorn and pea try fish pie dd loves it and you can make that for all of you.

Lucky you sound shattered as does dd. sad

Bluebell it was you how could i miss that the two week wait shock grin

Well just spent all nigth listing ds/dd toys on ebay hoping to clear out before refilling again at xmas wink

lilyloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:38:09

'night' blush think it's time for bed!

gingeme Tue 19-Aug-08 08:48:35

Morning ladies. Panicked there for a minute couldn't find this thread.
Thankyou for all your good wishes. We went to our local for a couple of drinks last night. I stuck to lemonade grin while our neighbour baby sat. We havn't been out without children for years. Was lovely. Mind you all we talked about were the dc hmm
George is in a new routine which involves a bottle at 2am then awake for the day at 6.30 hmm. I'm shattered to say the least.
Dh went for his x ray yesterday on his back. Not sure if anyone remembers me saying he suffers from scyatica but hes signed off work for three weeks cause he's in so much pain. His gp is investigating further as he thinks it may be degenerative disk. If it is he will have to have an epi dural in to the disc every six months or so sad. Poor bloke is like an old man.
Anyway enough of my waffeling. Off to get a card and presant for ds2. Hes 13 on Friday shock
Have a good day all xxxx

bluebell82 Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:37

hi girls-

The possible excitement has worn off now and now thinking I am a stupid cow- anyway I'm sorry to hear that some of you are havng a tough time.

I still feel very weepy but have started councelling and a lot of why I'm feeling down is due to the loss of my dad to alcholism (I was his carer for 5 years from the age of 18-23 he died when I was 23 that was 3 years ago) so I felt a lot of guilt should have tried harder etc. The counceller (I know I'm not spelling it right!) has tried to unlock some anger because I just tend to brush over the effects it had on me and defend his actions, difficult because I loved him more than words can say really. Antyway that on top of 2 mc and my mom and dad's divorce basically has all come back to haunt me and thats why I am constantly worrying about Ruby.

Had an absolutely terrible dream last night about Ruby shall not go into it but jesus- poor baby woke up with a scare when I ran into her room, she should have her own little thread about mommy not sleeping and waking her up!!!!!!

I really think this is the point where a lot of moms feel completely worn down. Ruby is very demanding and very strong willed which I wouldn't change for anything but seriously some days feel pretty close to the edge!

Lucky Ruby is teething at the moment and I have found very cold sticks of celery do the trick also bickiepegs. She is struggling with eating her food so ithas to be really mushed up at the moment and she has to drink her milk carefully, her tooth is there it is just like a big mouth ulcer. The herbal salts really do the trcik with the runs as well. Ruby was gettting a sore bum from how acidic her nappies where which was down to all the saliva, but the salts seems to neutralises them.

I probably sound like a mean mom but Ruby sleeps through for 13hrs a night and I think that is because she knows I won't take any shit! Not that I am saying you guys do but I let Ruby cry it out for 10 mins and then go up and put my hand on her chest for a minute and then leave the room. I havd to repeat this for 45 mins a couple of months a go but it figured she was more tired than I was! Ruby has her last bottle at 4pm she has dropped her bed time bottle- strange little girl!

Looking forward to the brum meet up xx

bluebell82 Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:38

hi girls-

The possible excitement has worn off now and now thinking I am a stupid cow- anyway I'm sorry to hear that some of you are havng a tough time.

I still feel very weepy but have started councelling and a lot of why I'm feeling down is due to the loss of my dad to alcholism (I was his carer for 5 years from the age of 18-23 he died when I was 23 that was 3 years ago) so I felt a lot of guilt should have tried harder etc. The counceller (I know I'm not spelling it right!) has tried to unlock some anger because I just tend to brush over the effects it had on me and defend his actions, difficult because I loved him more than words can say really. Antyway that on top of 2 mc and my mom and dad's divorce basically has all come back to haunt me and thats why I am constantly worrying about Ruby.

Had an absolutely terrible dream last night about Ruby shall not go into it but jesus- poor baby woke up with a scare when I ran into her room, she should have her own little thread about mommy not sleeping and waking her up!!!!!!

I really think this is the point where a lot of moms feel completely worn down. Ruby is very demanding and very strong willed which I wouldn't change for anything but seriously some days feel pretty close to the edge!

Lucky Ruby is teething at the moment and I have found very cold sticks of celery do the trick also bickiepegs. She is struggling with eating her food so ithas to be really mushed up at the moment and she has to drink her milk carefully, her tooth is there it is just like a big mouth ulcer. The herbal salts really do the trcik with the runs as well. Ruby was gettting a sore bum from how acidic her nappies where which was down to all the saliva, but the salts seems to neutralises them.

I probably sound like a mean mom but Ruby sleeps through for 13hrs a night and I think that is because she knows I won't take any shit! Not that I am saying you guys do but I let Ruby cry it out for 10 mins and then go up and put my hand on her chest for a minute and then leave the room. I havd to repeat this for 45 mins a couple of months a go but it figured she was more tired than I was! Ruby has her last bottle at 4pm she has dropped her bed time bottle- strange little girl!

Looking forward to the brum meet up xx

LuckySalem Tue 19-Aug-08 15:38:23

Bloody hell I thought it was quiet - You all left me! lol

Will read now.

LuckySalem Tue 19-Aug-08 15:43:32

Bluebell - Sorry to hear your having a rough time. Counselling will unlock a lot of tearfulness so maybe thats why you're feeling as bad as you are?

DD was in our bed again to go to sleep but I managed to move her over whilst slightly waking her enough to give her a dose of calpol and she went into her cot to fall back asleep.

LaTrucha Tue 19-Aug-08 15:59:56

Hello ladies

Thanks lilyloo- went ot HV today and DD has LOST weight after me following her advice, so I'm now to go back to what I was doing before. hmm We did try fish pie and she liekd it (a bit). She just ate a massive piece of cheese as finger food for a snack! And another pea!

Bluebell - good for you. I suppose the counselling is bound to send up some things that will surface in nightmares. Still not fun. My mum's an alcoholic (so's my brother)so I can relate to what you're going through a bit.

Lucky - I'm off to read waht was worng as I missed it but I know what no sleep feels like. Poor you. Teething was/is a nightmare for us.

Ginge me - sorry about the change in routine! DD went to bed at 7.30 for the first time a couple of nights ago and DH and I sat talking about her hmm

Hello to all!

LuckySalem Tue 19-Aug-08 16:01:28

LaTrucha - Seriously give her whatever you eat. DD has had cottage pie, pizza, fish cakes/fingers, spag bol, battered fish alsorts.

LaTrucha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:11:48

Does she take it in her hands? Sabela just ate a big chunk of sheese grin

LaTrucha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:15:48

P.s. Sabela finalyy going IN PUSHCHAIR! yay!

LuckySalem Tue 19-Aug-08 16:16:23

Yeh she does it herself - The mess she made with spag bol grin
She actually gets annoyed with me if I try and help her.

We normally make a little bowl of stuff for her which then gets emptied on the high chair table and she stuffs it in her mouth.

She also has omelette for breakfast or toast and her fave is green beans.

LaTrucha Tue 19-Aug-08 17:16:32

grin

nicky6 Tue 19-Aug-08 20:24:52

thought i lost you all, now no time to post, bought a maclaren from boots they have 20% off at the mo and it will be here thursday in time for holiday so that sealed it for me off now

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 20:40:46

LOL Lucky try soup but fill it with bread very funny and messy!

LaTrucha didn't know you had problems with buggy ? She is doing finger foods then just keep trying as many as you can every day as some days dd will turn her nose up and others she will wolf it.
Honestly raisins are soooo funny she chases them round for ages and looks so satisfied when she get's one in grin
As for hv hmm think you should do what you find works and not running yourself into ground pureeing!

Bluebell as others have said it's no wonder your so anxious over Bluebell. I suppose it is learning to control it for you and dd so she doesn't pick up on your anxieties. Although they are completely understandable. Is dh good with regards to this ? I sippose it's having that someone who you love 100% and the fear of loosing them highlights your issues with your dad. Hope the counselling helps.

Nicky bet you very excited and great deal on buggy. Nearly here hope it's the break you all need!

Gingeme envy it just seems to get harder and harder to have any life with 3 dc's. We spend so much time and money on them that there is none left for us. Me and dp haven't been out together on our own since my birthday last Nov and can't see us being able to afford to next week for dp birthday hmm

Well the science museum was fab! smile I cannot believe it's free so all you northern ladies def take a trip out there!
Well off to zoo tommorrow think Blackpool as weather forecast better than Chester!

LaTrucha Tue 19-Aug-08 21:17:18

Anyone else ever wonder how TripletsandTwins is getting on? smile. Phew!

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:56:29

Wow yeah now can totally understand why she doesn't get back on here grin

LuckySalem Tue 19-Aug-08 22:16:43

lilly - I'd dread to do it - she makes enough mess with ommlettes!! LMAO.

MrsMcJnr Tue 19-Aug-08 23:09:41

Hello, have just come back from Mamma Mia, loved it! though I bet I would have had more fun seeing it with you girls. We got there with 45 mins to spare for a drink but DH decided to read the billboards instead so I went off and had a glass of wine on my own, felt like I had no mates!!! Sob!

We had a rendez vous today with the girl who set up the website I go on here; she sold me a walker for Xavier. It’s perfect. It’s to stay at my folks as we don’t have room. He had a shot in it tonight and had a ball. I have a rule that he has to wear shoes in it though but all his are too small even though he’s never worn them, such a shame. I could tell from how he played with the toys on the walker that he’d love an activity station.

One of the Mums at the Mums and Babies Group I go to gave me a whole bag of clothes for Xavier from 9 months onwards, they are lovely, mostly designer stuff and some of them have not even been worn. What a lucky boy!

I got a sting from a poster on the Spanish website because I just asked about the liquid cereals they sell here and if they are any good (I do use them actually instead of milk in some dishes) this woman gave me a lecture about home made food and told me that she not only grew cooked and pureed all her children’s’ fruit and veg but grew it herself too!

Now I’ll catch up smile….

MrsMcJnr Tue 19-Aug-08 23:59:47

Sorry to hear so many are ill and exhausted sad sending huge hugs all round and for the poor teething babies too sad

Luckysalem smile fingers crossed DP gets his promotion! Sorry to hear you are having a hard week. Have you tried Ashton & Parsons infant powders? You can get them at any chemist and they work wonders for us! DS even opens his mouth for them now when he sees me opening one!

Kelix – I like your thinking re being a SAHM grin

JKS – sounds like you have your weeks ahead all planned out smile I want to continue going to a few things with DS too but it might be tricky, I think I’m going to have to work 10-2 four days a week (well, that’s the most I’m prepared to do frankly!) hope DS2 has continued to sleep through the night for you!

Mombanks – how did it go at nursery??

Lilyloo – hope you are having lots of family fun smile re poos at night, my DS has his dinner @6pm and then goes to bed @8.30-9pm and more often than not we have a poo parcel in the morning!

Gingeme – poor you! I hope you are feeling much better now smile glad to hear you and DH had a good night out smile I had a boyfriend once with the same problem with his back; the epidurals did seem to help a lot!

LaTrucha – I remember how sick you were when pg sad apparently, you only need a 4 hour window to ovulate to it is possible to get things moving again and fall pg when BFing …. smile hope you are finding a bit more time for yourself hon, you need it. How was swimming? Oh yes, tripletsandtwins – wow, how on earth must she be managing!? smile

Nicky6 – glad you got a stroller and hope that you have a fab holiday smile babies do put a strain on your relationship don’t they?! I am re-reading the Babyproofing your marriage book but until he reads it too, I can’t see anything improving much sad

Bluebell – fingers crossed hon – 2ww takes me back! grin grin sounds like you have had lots of heartache in your life hon, sending you a hug smile

Poltesco – last day of work for you tomorrow grin envy

…and now to bed as its just hit 1am here!

LuckySalem Wed 20-Aug-08 00:15:09

[lucky quickly runs through] Foster dogs will be coming soon. 2 little JRT's!! grin

justkeepswimming Wed 20-Aug-08 06:16:41

woohoo lucky grin - now you will have your hands full!

bluebell - i'm so glad you have started counselling, it's sure to bring up memories and emotions but that should be healthy and hopefully help you deal with MIL and your fears for ruby (tho she is still out of order, it's not just you!!!).

mrsmc - well, i like to have a plan! i can always change it but like to know where i'm heading.

ds got me up at 4.50 today, boo hiss. he played in his cot until 5.30 then i brought him downstairs to stop him waking ds1.
think i can hear ds1 stirring now tho so best be quick and head back upstairs with tea and juice soon!

actually like getting up this early atm so i can watch the olympics in peace! mad i know.

right, sorry to miss some of you out, best go, back later

betterhalf Wed 20-Aug-08 15:22:14

Just saying 'hello' now I've found the new thread.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now