April 2007 - We're still here .... minus a gall-bladder! (Take 2)

(502 Posts)
CaptainDippy Sun 22-Jun-08 22:07:41

blush

OP’s posts: |
PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:09:12

pmsl grin
I thought you'd gone to bed, now it's going to get really confusing grin

CaptainDippy Sun 22-Jun-08 22:10:40

grin

I am going to bed now, just wanted to recify my mistake before I went! wink

No head-banging now, POTC wink <<<hug>>> xx

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:10:41

oops - I didn't even notice!

PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:11:23

But I like heavy metal Dips grin

CaptainDippy Sun 22-Jun-08 22:12:06

grin

Not too much then! wink

Guess we'll stick to this thread then!!? hmmsmile

Night (again) xx

PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:12:35

we will indeed, have linked it to the old one!

Eddas Sun 22-Jun-08 22:22:23

lol at the thread title errorgrin

Really pleased the pesky gall bladder is out MJ, hope you recover quickly and everythings is fine from now onsmile

Caz angry bloody cars hope you manage to sort it out. Ours needs a service but tbh funds are lackingsad well non-existant really

dd just got up. Went to see what was wrong. she was tiredhmmgrin

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:29:08

Have been stuck on a train for 4 hours longer than we should have been angry

lexilex Sun 22-Jun-08 22:30:49

eveing all, how is everyone dp is out again!!! xxx

Eddas Sun 22-Jun-08 22:32:21

oh no that's crap spbangry

lexilexshock can't believe he's out again! is he normally out alot or is it the broken leg making him go out more?

PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:35:33

What happened SPB?

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:36:01

I know eddas! Could be worse - we almost spent the night in London
What's up lexilex? (Think I may have missed something)

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:40:20

Overhead cable problems at welwyn garden city. Closed King's Cross and Euston. Eventually shoved 3 trains worth of people onto a diesel train (as they don't need the overhead thingies). Then there was a signalling failure at Doncaster.
Was quite amusing the staff all vanished, the catering staff were doing the announcements. One poor girl sounded terrified and ended her bit with "thankyoubye". No announcements from before Doncaster onwards, just silence! Disabled passenger alarm going off for ages at Kings X, stupid me assumed it was a button the guard on the platform pressed to summon staff inside the train to meet a passenger, was only when DH jumped up to find someone I realised there was probably someone locked / stuck in one of the toilets blush. He had to search the platform for a member of staff (as we had no idea how to find out where the alarm had been set off)

Rant over.
Thanks for asking

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:41:17

But I now know 5x as much as I knew about trains yesterday

lexilex Sun 22-Jun-08 22:41:21

hi spb, dp broke his leg 5 weeks ago and he is normally a really active person so has been struggling with not being able to do anything, and has been going out all the time since the accident, it first i was ok but its startin g to annoy me, as im left to look after kids, house, money, shopping, all by myself till he can walk on his stupid leg., so for the rant again guys,
spb, hope your ok after you long train journey. where were you trying to get to? xxxx

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:42:42

Out as in nights out? Is that not really difficult for him with a broken leg? Hope it heals soon and he gets back to normal! Definitely see why you're annoyed
We've been in Kent for a friend's wedding, which was lovely.

lexilex Sun 22-Jun-08 22:44:27

spb, he mate come and pick him up and they sit in pub all night, xxx

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:44:30

Well I'd better go to bed was up late last night and drank FAR too much, every time I looked away my wine glass was filled up, plus had 2 glasses of champagne when we got there and one for the toast...and they'd put on a free bar....actually I'm amazed I'm not hungover now I think back
urgh, think I need a lie down...

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:44:59

Ah
(he sounds very similar to my DH actually, does he have a favourite seat??)

StealthPolarBear Sun 22-Jun-08 22:46:32

night all
(PS it was worth leaving my little boy just for the look on his face when we got back. Almost. I did cry a bit on the way back when the train was delayed indefinitely )

PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:47:35

I have some very odd friends hmm My friend Stu text me to say he was watching Graham Norton (which is on bbc2 at the mo) and had realised I look a lot like Alicia Silverstone hmm I told him to get glasses grin

Pisha Sun 22-Jun-08 22:53:33

similr jaw line and mouth i think ellie! Can see what he means.

Have money coming through soon for new laptop so been searching but completely overwhelmmed by choice. If anyone can recommend a good onme for about £400 that be fab! Or at least good make and key things i should be looking for!

Pisha Sun 22-Jun-08 22:54:44

MAnd at mleamst he didnt say you look like the other guest!! (Joan Rivers?!? hmm)

PillockOfTheCommunity Sun 22-Jun-08 22:57:00

I guess I should be pleased about that grin
was just thinking about calling you but as you hadn't been on I figured you'd got a life shock

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in