Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
June 2007 - What ingredients are mothers made of ? God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean!(1002 Posts)
ah sparkly new thread.. i spotted this on my friends face book and had to share it:
WHY GOD MADE MOMS
Answers are given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of ?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on. Ha ha ha ha!!!
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did t and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
just thought it was funny!
Oh, no...we have two threads!!!!!
stay still for gawd's sake woman this is going to confuse the hell out of everyone in the morning.
I'm off out for the day, so look forward to finding everyone when I get home.
Ok stay on this one!
Another joyful night from dd, happy days. But at least it's DH's day off so we are both around today, and bless him, he is good at getting up to DD. I still wake up but if I get up to her I struggle to get back to sleep and feel even worse. He let me have a lie too today
glad you had a good night bumper my dh is back today yippeeeeeee
we had a better night
wow, that was nice of your hubby, sorry to hear u had a crap night x
sorry bumper my message didn't read right what I meant was glad your dh was so helpful not glad you had a good night iyswim
Yeah, sorry it wasn't clear, that "joyful night" was dripping with sarcasm!
Glad DH is back andie! What's the new namein aid of?
Ooops, just heard a thump, DD fell off the changing table while DH was dressing her! Funnily enough she hasn't done it before as despite crawling and now cruising round the furniture she has only rolled twice! She did it at Christmas but never since. It meant that the only was we could leave her in the same place is to put her on her back. Well it's seems she has rediscovered rolling over - though if the crying going on is anything to go by she may not do it again for a while!
Sorry to hear another crappy night Bumper. I got the lie in too (yippeeee). Don't know if we had a crappy night or not, but I do know that LO was latched on several times.
My children are still in their PJs, unwashed. I'm letting them play with their toys in the sink. Figure if they make enough mess they'll come away clean and get themselves changed.
much excitement in our house today, but to preserve my anonymity you'll have to check out my FB!
Oh how exciting Foxy...are you going?
God no! Tis not for the likes of me, a lowley housewife.
aha, we're here then?
I'll just go and talk to myself on my witty thread title and ignore the lot of you .....or save it till next time, if we remember about it by then!
went to a St George's Day thing today and got washed out completely. I'm feeling really awful too. I've been feeling baaaaaad today and have been getting nasty pains and backache . I am a tiny teeny bit worried, but scan tomorrow so......I even fell asleep in the car on the way back, which is so out of character for me. Another excuse to sit on my fat arse on the sofa and have DH run around after me. In the spirit of our mediaeval extravaganza, we are watching Dragonheart.
foxy, how exciting . Are you going to be his arm candy? That will be one almighty shopping session for us as we find you something glam and glitzy to wear.
Wouldn't have much time Daisy to do the shopping.....
Sorry you're feeling crap...perhaps you overdone it? Take it easy....what times the scan tomorrow?
It's at 9am Norty....good, no time to be nervous.
Is it tonight or something then? <clueless>
ok right... can u guys tell me if i am being unreasonable, cos so many people are pissing me off today!
whos about to support my ranting
right well according to my mum, friends ad the lady in MOTHERCARE!!!! it totally pointless switching to reusables.. cos ellen is nearly a year.. but surely every disposable i dont use helps right? and she will be in nappies another year yet surely?
oh and clarks pissed me right off!
we took thomas a month ago to get sum shoes, the first pair ripped, the second pair gave him blisters, and the third fell of his feet
THEN they tried to tell me i couldnt have my money back even though i had the receipt, and could only have sotre credit AAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Natty, every nappychange that is a re-useable is one less nappy in a landfill site, so even at this age you are doing good. Tell them all to mind their own business. She'll be in nappies for at least another year and a half anyway. Thats about 3000 nappies in landfill as opposed to 15 reuseables that you can sell on again when you are done.
and go elsewhere than crappy mothercare for their half a nod to being more environmentally friendly nappy system.
This thread is not accepting new messages.