Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

babies born in march 2004 - anyone?

(19 Posts)
mikeyjon Sun 19-Dec-04 21:27:11

DS2 was born on march 12th. is there anyone out there whith babies the same age? i dont know anybody in real life with a nine month old so have got nobody to compare notes with.

californiagirl Mon 20-Dec-04 19:25:01

We're a terribly slack bunch. DD was born on March 4th. She just had her 9-month well-baby visit (although she's only kind of well, she has two ear infections, and the antibiotic is giving her diarrhea which is giving her diaper rash, arrgh) and weighs 19 lbs 8 oz, or 2 oz less than her 15-month old cousin. She can stand up by herself but is not yet quite walking, she eats all sorts of solids and also nurses like a fiend, and night before last she slept more than 3 hours at a stretch twice. Her greatest recent accomplishment is starting to actually stack up one of her sets of stacking cups (the easiest one, and she can't do it as intended, but she sometimes gets a smaller cup on top of a bigger one in some orientation).

mikeyjon Mon 20-Dec-04 23:27:53

my little boy isnt even crawling yet, im a bit worried because ds1 was crawling at 7 months. he's a very happy little boy though and says mama , dada and culcul - we call him cully but his names michael.

he had his 9 month check a few weeks ago and failed his hearing test but re-took it a week later and passed fine, i think it was because he had an ear infection at the time.

we took him and ds1 to the curry house with us today and he loved it. you should see his little face when he sees the christmas lights - i am so looking forward to his first christmas

californiagirl Mon 20-Dec-04 23:59:50

It's so easy to focus on what they don't do, isn't it? DD crawled at 6 months, but I'm a bit worried because she has no words yet! She says "mamamamama" and "dadiddledada" all the time but doesn't mean anything by it, it's just random.

TracyK Tue 21-Dec-04 15:51:51

ds was born on 6th March - but I've decamped to the April babies thread as there was more going on. Come and join us - ds seems v. advanced cos he's really 3 or 4 weeks older than the others!
He's crawling, cruising and yesterday started walking using his push along thingy.
Bit hit or miss with food - some days woofs it others picks and then refuses - but hey ho - can't have everything.

Kif Tue 21-Dec-04 23:00:57

Dd 12/3/4 good on motor skills but no constonants yet - so I'm worried about that! There's always something!

The crawling/pulling up all happened in a rush over a fortnigh for us.

Brozzer Tue 21-Dec-04 23:13:33

MJ - my ds was born on March 19th.

He's literally started crawling this week - it's total comedy. Every parent I've ever met informs me that their sprog was walking/eating steak/sending text messages at 6 months.

You've got to laugh.

Brozzer Tue 21-Dec-04 23:13:34

MJ - my ds was born on March 19th.

He's literally started crawling this week - it's total comedy. Every parent I've ever met informs me that their sprog was walking/eating steak/sending text messages at 6 months.

You've got to laugh.

xmashampermunker Tue 21-Dec-04 23:20:45

DS was due on 24th March. Didn't show till 3rd April though. Not sure that that counts!

He's been sending texts and emails for the last three months. But he crawls backwards

Kif Wed 22-Dec-04 00:54:59

xmashampermuhnker - think the stork must have been on the bevvy and swapped our babies -I was due 3/4/4 and came 24/3/4

californiagirl Wed 22-Dec-04 18:04:40

DD would have been eating steak at 4 months, but we pried the bit she grabbed out of her fingers before it got into her mouth...
And she'd sure send texts if I let her, but I don't think Daddy would understand them as she wants to chew on the phone, liable to produce odd words.

People tell me what great sleepers their babies are (because of their careful schedules and/or by the book sleep training ie they have more will power than I do!) and how many words they have. Or maybe that's just what I hear them telling me because I'm paranoid about it?

I'm also convinced that everybody else feeds their baby lovingly prepared fresh food. I did actually lovingly prepare courgette for her yesterday, but what she actually ate was mostly store-bought turkey meatballs.

CaRowlers Wed 22-Dec-04 18:42:20

DD born 21.3.04 - Mothers' day!
She is lovely.
Not crawling at all, no words just mumbles, picks and chooses what / when she eats, sleeps through mostly and smiles all the time. AAAhhh.

feastofstevenmom Wed 22-Dec-04 19:39:19

Hiya.

DS was born on March 8th. Probably weighs about 21 lbs. He's sitting, commando crawling and babbling but i've met dismal failure so far with finger food and introducing cups. And lots of jars here - DS never seems that keen on my cooking - possibly a bit of a vicious circle here - really should have started off weaning with homecooked food

don't think it's unheard of for babies to virtually skip crawling, and either bumshuffle or go straight to standing

xmashampermunker Wed 22-Dec-04 19:53:46

Kif, your baby's lovely. How's mine?

Kif Thu 23-Dec-04 19:20:29

Awake! Not hungry! And doing her best to climb out the cot. I'm listening to her huffing and puffing on the monitor.

errr, I meant... adorable...

mikeyjon Tue 28-Dec-04 19:27:56

hello, how were your christmasses? my ds got board with opening pressies so my elder son opened them for him!! he loved his christmas dinner though, esspecially the roast potatoes. he's getting really good at finger foods and can drink out of a beaker. Still not crawling though, hes getting there.... really slowly

morocco Fri 21-Jan-05 22:44:16

hi everyone
been a long time since I checked out the march thread - good to see you guys are still around.
ds2 is cute cute cute and love him to bits. he's got a right little temper on him though and woe betide his brother if he tries to nick his toys. or if I confiscate the mobile phone.
he's eating everything he can get his grubby hands on and pretty much feeds himself these days as the tantrums have put me off the spoon feeding thing unless he is totally distracted by something else at the time.
crawls at great speed and loves to crawl towards forbidden things, stopping once in a while just to check I am chasing him then falls around in hysterics when he is stopped at the last second from destroying the video, putting his hands down the loo etc
he can race around pushing one of those baby walker things but no signs of walking independently yet
waves bye bye
oh the list of adorable things he can do could go on forever!! forgive me please - smitten mummy!
has anyone started planning the bday bash yet?

rubyroo Wed 04-May-05 18:55:26

hi is this thread still active? my dd was born 17th march st. patricks day! shes walking but not really saying any words apart from daddy of course!! trying not to get paranoid about other babies who can say words! as for food she flings most of it at me!

Frenchy72 Wed 10-Aug-05 13:06:40

Hi rubbyroo! any new word since then?
I was pleased to read your note because my boy (born 15 march 04) doesn't speak either except for dad and dog. and I worry too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now