Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any November 2001 Babies around?

(28 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 15:04:41

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 17:43:21

Message withdrawn

zephyrcat Mon 22-Nov-04 17:48:09

my dd will be 3 on xmas day - not november but close!! How is yours? Mine is very stroppy!!! I'm around if you fancy a chat

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 17:51:31

Message withdrawn

zephyrcat Mon 22-Nov-04 17:55:10

lol - yep know the feeling - stroppy was putting it mildly!! Her favourite sayings are 'STOP' if you try to ask her not to do something or 'Leave Alone Me!!!!' She's actually driving me mad at the moment so it's nice to hear from someone with one the same age!! How old is your younger one? Mine's 5 months and dd can either be very helpful with him - when it suits her of course! - or quite horrible!!

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 17:58:44

Message withdrawn

Dingle Mon 22-Nov-04 18:01:36

he he he,,,dd was 3 on Halloween!!!
She has Down Syndrome and there was I thinking that she would be this lovely, calm mannered, stereotypicical child that you hear about!!
She can't say much - does most of her "talking" with sign. But she can still hold a full scale argument with her big brother who's 5!!!
Her favorite word is "na,,,na,,,naa" (no to the rest of us)
So glad to hear I'm not alone.

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 18:03:40

Message withdrawn

zephyrcat Mon 22-Nov-04 18:06:06

And I've been hiding away quietly thinking I had a monster for a 3 year old!! Glad to hear they're all the same monsters!!! How do you guys deal with it? If dd knows she's done something wrong as soon as I say her name i get 'sorry sorry sorry' - on the other hand if she's in one of those moods i get a barrage of abuse!!

Dingle Mon 22-Nov-04 18:07:34

She may be behind in her speech,,but in reality, she's not that different from most 3 yr olds!
She is very determined and sure of what she wants,when she wants it and lets everyone know when things aren't going her way.
Does that sound at all familiar?

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 18:08:06

Message withdrawn

Dingle Mon 22-Nov-04 18:11:01

Thanks, that quite reassuring in a weird sort of way!

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 18:12:33

Message withdrawn

zephyrcat Mon 22-Nov-04 18:19:48

dd's speech is not brilliant but she comes out with some hilarious stuff as well - the other day i put a cornetto in front of her after dinner and the response was 'My God Mum!!'
bless 'em!!

Dingle Mon 22-Nov-04 18:27:21

Aahh,, bless them. I suppose I do miss out on that side of things, I still have all that to come. My ds has certainly said his fair share of gems though.
As for handling the tantrum situations, I just stick to my guns like I did with her brother. A lot of her tricks are just for attention I'm sure, so I try not to react to them. I always make her sign "sorry" and tell her "we don't do ....." in the hope that eventually she will learn the "rules."

Lowryn Mon 22-Nov-04 19:22:34

Hi there Yorkiegirl! Not only do I have a DS born April 04 but my daughter turns three next Monday! I will have to become your stalker
DD is also very stroppy lately, she can do an excellent impression of my "not amused" face. She has also gone mad for role playing games. Yesterday I was the sister, she was the mother and DS was our baby! If I dropped out of role, even on the phone I got told off!

Yorkiegirl Mon 22-Nov-04 21:42:33

Message withdrawn

elliott Tue 23-Nov-04 09:52:02

ds1 is 3 on Sunday. I'm really loving this age - he's full of chatter and has started really getting in to make believe stories - he loves pretending to be a baby bird while I am mummy bird, or a 'friendly mr crocodile' who bites off my limbs and then fishes them out of the river to attach them again!
We've had our trials with discipline but right now I'm finding it easier than earlier this year. We've got over the traumas of potty training (mostly) and he 's sleeping well in his big bed - a huge relief! All in all he's a delight!

Lowryn Tue 23-Nov-04 20:32:36

DS and DD both were born on the 29th (Thursdays!) so there is exactly 2 years and 5 months between them.
DD is being a pain in the bum regarding nighttimes, she has started playing up at bedtime and DH has let her come down twice. Last night she managed to get into a bottle of calpol and was playing with the syringe and got it all over her bed. Since she had taken some I was on the phone to NHS direct to make sure she hadn't done herself any harm!
God, guilt trip for leaving it where she could get to it!

SPARKLER1 Mon 03-Jan-05 22:04:00

I have only just spotted this thread - stumbled upon it while searching for someone. My dd2 was born on 22 November 2001. She too is a little terror and gets away with everything. She is usually the cause of an argument with her older sister but dd1 quite often gets the blame. I'm working on that one

Yorkiegirl Mon 03-Jan-05 22:06:00

Message withdrawn

SPARKLER1 Mon 03-Jan-05 22:07:03

I think I remember us chatting around about the time of their 3rd birthdays.

Yorkiegirl Mon 03-Jan-05 22:07:47

Message withdrawn

SPARKLER1 Mon 03-Jan-05 22:08:43

AWWWWW - You emotional wreck!! You sound as bad as me

Yorkiegirl Mon 03-Jan-05 22:10:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now