Talk

Advanced search

Night time support please, cot to bed disaster!

(3 Posts)
UpsyDaaaisy Sun 19-Apr-20 22:37:30

My 2 year old is in a bed for the first time tonight because he keeps climbing out his cot. He always sleeps 7-7 amazingly. He won't get into bed he's playing then screaming and crying then playing. I've tried the no eye contact straight to bed approach, tried sleeping next to him, tried leaving him alone etc. Will this go on all night and if so a hand hold please! I'm a key worker as a carer and exhausted, he's not emotionally ready for a bed but wont stay put in a cot. Advice!?

OP’s posts: |
mamablondie2 Fri 10-Jul-20 19:08:33

I had the same issue and we did the following...

1) get a bed rail, even if it doesn’t physically stop them it at least makes it more tiring for them to keep getting out

2) sleep train! Honestly, whatever your views are on this for little babies it is 100% the best thing we did for our toddler when she transitioned to a bed. It knocks you sideways for a couple of days but then reinforces to them that bed means bed.

3) get a video monitor if you don’t already have one so you can see what they’re doing

I can empathise so much honestly, within a week of moving my DD I wished we hadn’t and I won’t do it so soon with baby 2. Biggest parenting mistake we made BUT we have got there in the end x

TooMinty Fri 10-Jul-20 19:17:18

Can you child proof his room, put a baby gate on the doorway and leave him to it?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in