Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hello I'm new to Mumsnet

(45 Posts)
1970Sarah Sat 25-Aug-07 12:31:28

New to Mumsnet and didn't know where to start so here I am.

I live in London and I have a little booy (or is that DS) called Billy born in March this year. My DH (hubbie?) is a footie fanatic (all home and away matches plus all of Englands matches), so if there are any other football widows out there I'd love to hear from you.

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:34:26

Lovely to see you.

I would drop the numbers in the name though and we can start off by making a good mn name for you.

we need suggestions?

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:35:16

Hello, welcome! Be aware that this site is like crack but worse

First of all you almost certainly will end up discussing some personal stuff on here at some point (or maybe not but lots of us do/have!) so you might want your name to be anonymous - but it's up to you. My first name was myrealname and my real location but I soon changed it!

Dh= darling/dear husband
dd = darling/dear daughter
ds = darling dear son

Aitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:35:20

hello sarah, welcome to MN. dh is off to the football now... smile

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:36:33

FootieFanWidow (FFW for short)

is does that exist?

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:36:34

And I'm here, dh is watching football and dd is off playing somewhere in the house.
We periodically shout "are you OK?" and she shouts back YES, quite impatiently.

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:37:14

FootballWidow is a good name

Or QueSaraSara

no, too corny!

callmeovercautious Sat 25-Aug-07 12:37:51

Oh I love helping pick names! How about footiewidow?

Welcomegrin We are lovely people here on MN! Hope you enjoy a good laugh and the odd debate?

fawkeoff Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:05

hi sarah think u may need to warn dh that the housework is never going to get done ever again.....this site is the root of a mans hell grin

marthamoo Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:08

Don't stay! Run while you still can! I came here to look at pushchair reviews in 2002 and I've never left...I had a dh and two children once; wonder where they went.

Aitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:18

nah, celebrate something about yourself, don't be a widow. (actually some people have lost their dh's on here, so it may be best avoided).

Desiderata Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:21

... Hello, Sarah! Welcome to MN.

My advice? Don't talk to any of the women on this thread. They're all horrible grin

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:21

My Dh is watching GP I should be

GrandPrixWidow grin

callmeovercautious Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:38

Great minds think alike grin

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:38:45

Oh and Desi is mad, watch out for her!

MarsLady Sat 25-Aug-07 12:39:09

Welcome! With Footie season starting this is a good time to join MN. smile

Have fun... be warned... it's addictive! grin

fawkeoff Sat 25-Aug-07 12:39:12

footiewidow is good...i like footieblackwidow tho wink

Desiderata Sat 25-Aug-07 12:39:29

grin

1970Sarah Sat 25-Aug-07 12:39:43

Yes you are probably right about changing the name, but was not feeling very inspired at the time. I like Footiewidow, do you know how I change it?

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:40:23

Aitch, sorry yes abit thoughless of me, but it can be taken the wrong way on here, wasn't my intention. Especially as my dm (darling mother) has been a widow since I was 12!

callmeovercautious Sat 25-Aug-07 12:40:38

Go into your profile, there is an option somewhere. If you have made a public profile page you will have to tell it to move too.

onlyWotz Sat 25-Aug-07 12:42:20

Easy to change, but we need a good name.

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:42:56

Next to the nickname box undert he box where you type your posts there's a thing that says

"To post a message you need a valid mumsnet nickname and password. If you have forgotten your nickname, click here for a reminder. If you are not yet a member of mumsnet, you can join here."

click on it to change.

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Aug-07 12:43:22

Click on the 'click here for a reminder' bit I meant

1970Sarah Sat 25-Aug-07 12:46:06

Hadn't thought about the "widow" bit, wouldn't want to upset anyone.

And not much housewok gets done round here anymore anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now