Talk

Advanced search

Should i send toddler to nursery whilst on mat leave?

(4 Posts)
HennaSaud786 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:33:54

Hi, so I started my DD ( 1yo at the time ) at nursery, 3 days a week, due to work. I only worked for 6 months then was back on mat leave with DS. I had continued south get nursery but changed it to 2 mini days. The nursery now have staffing issues and my DD has become unsettled. One of the new staff looking after my DD seems very abrupt, robotic and not nurturing at all, which has lead to me handing in my DD notice period. There is one nursery 5 mins away from where I work which has an excellent report, however that is a 30 to 45 min drive from home. I start work again in April so at that time would be ideal to have my 2 kids in nursery 5 mins away from me... question is do i keep taking my DD to nursery or keep her home with me until i go back to work :/

OP’s posts: |
Baldilockss Thu 12-Sep-19 09:35:51

I guess it depends what is easier for you: doing that long drive and juggling a baby or keeping DD at home and juggling a baby

HennaSaud786 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:37:42

I don't really mind the struggle of driving if it benefits DD to be kept at nursery, but unsure as to what will be best for her sad

OP’s posts: |
rideawhiteswan Thu 12-Sep-19 09:38:41

If keep her home, view the nursery and reserve two places for April if it's an excellent one.
Unless your DD is 3 or older then id book her in for a couple of mornings as it's good for her development.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in