Talk

Advanced search

Clip during labour

(11 Posts)
Thegirlhasnoname Thu 10-Jan-19 11:31:41

Hi

Baby was born 14 weeks ago tomorrow by EMCS but before that she had two of the head clips attached whilst I was in labour (allegedly more reliable to monitor heartbeat if I remember correctly!). However, she still has the scabs on her head from them which seem to refuse to budge no matter how much she wears hats or get her hair brushed

I’ve never had a scab on me last this long and can’t seem to find anything on the internet about it so was just wondering if anybody else had experience of them / knows how long I can expect the scabs to stick around?

Thank you 🙂

OP’s posts: |
BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 10-Jan-19 11:34:11

I'm not sure. Could you try a drop of olive oil on them & see if that helps them?

Cardiffclare88 Tue 15-Jan-19 17:11:50

I think my DD had a head clip, had a scab and I put breastmilk on it. Loosened after a day or two and then could pull off.

loudnoises1 Wed 12-Jun-19 23:39:24

Ours stuck around quite a while until we soaked it with Johnson's baby shampoo and wiped with a cotton wool ball

Anothertempusername Wed 12-Jun-19 23:52:24

I'm 9 weeks in and the scab is still there. We're treating for cradle cap every day with a brush and ointment but still there. I wouldn't worry OP. Maybe worth a call to HV if you're concerned :-)

xJune88 Tue 18-Jun-19 08:59:38

I was wondering this! My LO is only 5 weeks but her scab shows no signs of budging nice to know its normal though x

felicityheather Mon 01-Jul-19 16:04:18

Ours was gone around 4 weeks I think?

lsimpson1990 Tue 16-Jul-19 01:12:47

I’m sure ours went after a couple of weeks. Maybe get your HV to check next time you see her?

namechanged2000 Tue 16-Jul-19 01:17:58

My sons scans were there for about 2 months.

xJune88 Tue 16-Jul-19 01:49:33

Mines finally gone! 8 weeks x

MaverickSnoopy Tue 16-Jul-19 01:59:18

My DD had this but I didn't think anything of it so didn't try and "treat" it. I think it was around for at least a couple of months, but likely longer,.I can't really remember.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in