Talk

Advanced search

Let’s talk periods and discharge... (tmi warning!)

(4 Posts)
FirstTimeMummaB Thu 11-Oct-18 12:45:48

Bit embarrassing... but curiosity is getting the better of me....

Had my first baby 11 months ago.
Basically, since everything’s healed and back to —what I suppose is the new— normal, I’ve had excessive amounts of discharge. Egg white consistency, similar to what you sometimes get when you ovulate. To the point I always notice when I wipe after going to the loo and always find some in my knickers 😳
My first proper post-natal period was around 6 weeks ago, fairly normal and lasted about 5 days from what I can remember.
Haven’t had a period since though (my cycles vary a lot and sometimes could be up to 35 days long) I’ve done a couple of cheapie pregnancy tests just to put my mind at ease and both were negative so don’t think that’s an issue.
I’m still breastfeeding.. only about 2-3 feeds a day now, but could that still be causing havoc downstairs??
What’s going on!!

OP’s posts: |
DirtyCurtains1 Sun 11-Nov-18 21:17:42

Bumping for you as mine is now 10 months old and I have found this over the last couple of months too!!

Had no idea if it was normal or not but the discharge itself seems 'normal', I've just never had it before!

I don't breast feed so if it is the same thing, I'd say it isn't linked!

FirstTimeMummaB Tue 13-Nov-18 10:37:29

Ah really dirtycurtains! That’s interesting!!

To update actually I’ve had another period since, my cycles are just stupidly long (sometimes up to 35 days) so that in itself is a separate issue. Still having loads of discharge though 😳 starting to just wonder if this is my new ‘normal’ post baby!

OP’s posts: |
DirtyCurtains1 Tue 13-Nov-18 17:13:48

I also wondered if this was the new 'normal'. I hope not. So inconvenient! blush

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in