Talk

Advanced search

Newborn Sleep

(5 Posts)
dannuh Thu 02-Aug-18 13:48:42

Hi Everyone

I'm a first time mum and my daughter is 5 weeks old tomorrow, she sleeps during the night usually from 9:30pm - 7am and if she does wake it's usually at 5am for a quick feed then back to sleep.

She's usually awake a lot during the day but this last week she tends to feed, play for an hour and then sleep for an hour or two and the repeat.

Is this normal? What your newborns sleeping pattern?

OP’s posts: |
caughtinthemiddle2 Thu 02-Aug-18 13:53:17

My newborn didn't have a sleeping pattern but I was feeding on demand he never slept for more than 3 hours at a time. I don't think I have known a newborn sleep all night like yours so count yourself lucky. Baby is now 14 months old and still doesn't sleep through the night.

Congratulations on your new baby.

dannuh Thu 02-Aug-18 14:32:39

@caughtinthemiddle2

I'm feeding on demand as well, she's pretty good though as she feeds every 3-4hrs during the day and is eating 5oz bottles but has just started wanting more smile

LMMontmomery Thu 02-Aug-18 15:56:12

@dannuh I am so jealous! My six week old wakes up every three hours at night, you can pretty much set your clock by him, what I would give for more than 2 hours sleep at a time! I think that every newborn is different and as long as they are putting on weight and, have enough wet and dirty nappies then they are doing ok! smile

dannuh Thu 02-Aug-18 16:23:49

@LMMontmomery

Aww i hope he starts sleeping longer for you soon! Everyone keeps telling me our next one won't be like this. I carried her to 42wks so she was a big baby and has been a good eater since birth.

She's definitely putting on decent weight, shes now 10lbs 15oz she was 9lbs 2oz when born smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in