Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

London by public transport

(5 Posts)
Lonoxo Mon 29-Jan-18 16:36:15

Hi, I have a 4 month old. So far, in terms of going out I have stuck to my local area. I have a pram (carrycot), don’t drive. I’m thinking I need to venture further afield and would appreciate some tips on how to travel on public transport in London with a baby. Thanks!

TheFirstMrsDV Mon 29-Jan-18 16:40:48

Lightweight stroller and a sling.
Use the sling on the tube and the stroller for getting about.

Don't take the kitchen sink with you. You'll be fine

MagicFajita Mon 29-Jan-18 16:41:31

I use an umbrella fold pushchair at quiet times of day and my Baby Bjorn sling if it's busy or rainy. I have my hands free for carrying an umbrella with a sling and can always squeeze onto the bus.

Also I tend to use the jubilee line where possible as the stations all have lifts as far as I know. The Overground is pretty good too.

Lonoxo Mon 12-Feb-18 16:52:32

Thanks for the tips! I will wait until baby is in a stroller and look at getting a sling.

MichaelBendfaster Mon 12-Feb-18 16:58:24

I'd add, don't be afraid to ask if you need help carrying stuff/doors held open etc.

IME in London people quite often DO offer, but there is a bit of a mindset of leaving people alone; fine if that's what you want, but it does mean sometimes you may have to be proactive in asking. People are generally very happy to help if asked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: