Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When to go out with baby? Mother n baby groups?

(7 Posts)
LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:09:41

I have a two week old, she was born with an infection and was in the NICU briefly, and we were kept in for a week of antibiotics. So I am a bit over cautious currently, we haven't taken her out of the house yet. I would like to take her to a baby group at some point, do i need to wait for her 3 month vaccinations?

Aliveinwanderland Fri 07-Jul-17 10:10:32

I started groups at 3 weeks. No need to wait for vaccinations, take her as soon as you are ready.

Machine1234 Fri 07-Jul-17 10:11:10

You will miss the entire summer if you wait 3 months!

welshweasel Fri 07-Jul-17 10:13:26

No need to wait at all. DS was 5 weeks early and we went out as soon as we got home, think I went to baby group when he was a week old. They have a lot of immunity from you at this age and obviously won't be licking toys or the carpet like they will in a few months time! It's really important for your sanity to get out and about.

Machine1234 Fri 07-Jul-17 10:13:58

With my first I waited and was overly cautious. With my second, I had to do nursery drop offs within weeks of being born. And big brother brought back every single cold and bug from nursery.

LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:51:44

Good point, I have a five year old at school, so she'll be bringing her share of bugs! I can't for the life of me remember how old she was when I took her to the group's. I'd like to get to a few sessions before she breaks up for summer. I do need to get out for my own sanity, I had SPD so was sat in the house, mainly working from home apart from the odd day in the office for over a month before she was born. I would be totally insane if it wasn't for Philip Scofield!

LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:52:26

Should have said - thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: