Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When to go out with baby? Mother n baby groups?

(7 Posts)
LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:09:41

I have a two week old, she was born with an infection and was in the NICU briefly, and we were kept in for a week of antibiotics. So I am a bit over cautious currently, we haven't taken her out of the house yet. I would like to take her to a baby group at some point, do i need to wait for her 3 month vaccinations?

Aliveinwanderland Fri 07-Jul-17 10:10:32

I started groups at 3 weeks. No need to wait for vaccinations, take her as soon as you are ready.

Machine1234 Fri 07-Jul-17 10:11:10

You will miss the entire summer if you wait 3 months!

welshweasel Fri 07-Jul-17 10:13:26

No need to wait at all. DS was 5 weeks early and we went out as soon as we got home, think I went to baby group when he was a week old. They have a lot of immunity from you at this age and obviously won't be licking toys or the carpet like they will in a few months time! It's really important for your sanity to get out and about.

Machine1234 Fri 07-Jul-17 10:13:58

With my first I waited and was overly cautious. With my second, I had to do nursery drop offs within weeks of being born. And big brother brought back every single cold and bug from nursery.

LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:51:44

Good point, I have a five year old at school, so she'll be bringing her share of bugs! I can't for the life of me remember how old she was when I took her to the group's. I'd like to get to a few sessions before she breaks up for summer. I do need to get out for my own sanity, I had SPD so was sat in the house, mainly working from home apart from the odd day in the office for over a month before she was born. I would be totally insane if it wasn't for Philip Scofield!

LadyTennantofTardis Fri 07-Jul-17 10:52:26

Should have said - thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now