Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby shaking head while feeding

(6 Posts)
ellaki Fri 03-Mar-17 23:04:41

So, our 15 week old DS has started shaking his head side to side when drinking from bottle. He is bf but takes a top up of ebm in the evening and a bottle of formula later at night.

He seems healthy and fine otherwise (nappy output fine, gaining weight, content etc). He doesn't seem to be in discomfort when he is doing it, although it is very strange. It is not violent thrusts, more like softly turning from one side to the other when DH feeds him. He need to keep following him with the bottle!

I googled and cannot find anything relevant but was wondering if it is a sign that he doesn't want to drink any more? He looks for the bottle though if we try to take it away. We feed him at 7pm and then again at around 11pm, so he should be hungry by the 11pm bottle for example, right?

Has anyone else experienced this??

Many thanks!

milkytash Fri 03-Mar-17 23:08:03

watching this as my ebf 3 week old does this when feeding

ellaki Sun 05-Mar-17 18:07:08

Bump

fairiedemon Sun 05-Mar-17 18:09:43

My son does this when the back of his head is itchy (has eczema...).

ellaki Sun 05-Mar-17 19:55:40

Ah it didn't even occur to me that it might be him scratching his head. Now that you mention it, he does have a small red patch at the back of his neck. I wonder if it is related. It's been there for a while though and didn't seem to bother him. Only started that head turning thing very recently... might get it checked with GP. Thank you fairiedemon!

Catdogcat Sun 05-Mar-17 20:08:47

My DD used to do this when she was smaller, in our case she was just super nosey and wanted to look around.

She still moves her head from side to side drinking now but is sat up by herself holding her own bottle.

Nothing to worry about in our case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now