Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 16 - The weaning begins

(6 Posts)
Gladiatorsready Sun 19-Feb-17 08:05:09

Hi I was wondering if there are any sept 16 parents lurking. It doesn't look like the previous threads are still active.

My LO is 5 months today and I'm just starting to think about weaning. Has anyone started yet? Any advice or tips?

Lelizabeth1 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:53:37

I'm a sept 16er. Haven't started weaning yet. I have read a bit and will probably try vegetable purees to start with

Wheresthecoff33 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:06:27

We are early Oct 16 so starting weaning. Early under pediatric advice of course smile

Gladiatorsready Sun 05-Mar-17 22:32:57

How's is going wheres? I haven't quite gone for it yet for some reason I'm a bit anxious about it.

lelizabeth are you making your own purees, following any books?

Wheresthecoff33 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:05:41

If there is no reason to force you to start before you are both ready then by all means relax for a few more weeks smile it's going great for us. She has maybe 3 tablespoons of pureed fruit, once a day, we aren't in any sort of routine with it, just letting her explore it for now. Looking forward to taking a more baby led approach next month though.

Apfelbunny Mon 06-Mar-17 15:16:15

Hello. My little September baby has been on food for a month now.
Started on those jars of puree fruit just to let them taste things.
Progressed a bit onto Heinz baby porridge (nice and smooth and the apple one is quite tasty to adults too), my 5 month old was ready for food and loves to eat so we offer bits,of whatever were eating too - roast potatoes were a winner, same goes for cooked carrots.
It's currently all about trying different textures as I still give lots of milk feeds as and when. The only real belly filling mealtimes are breakfast and dinner which I do as porridge followed by bits of our dinner or fruit if they're still hungry.

Don't be scared of jars, it's somewhat time consuming to puree everything yourself, especially if you find lo isn't keen on the combination and you're left with lots of left over bits! I made that mistake with dc1 and had a dresser drawer full of a salt and flavour free lentil soup no one wanted. (I'm better at cooking now but dh won't eat smooth soup)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now