Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When can I put baby down?!

(4 Posts)
Crispmonster1 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:43:02

As above really. 3 week old DS wakes as soon as I put Him down. If he falls asleep and I put him down he starts crying and rooting. So during day my arms are full unless I use carrier. At night he sleeps on me. I know this is a risk of SIDS but he will NOT sleep without me. It's doing my head in!! I have 2 other kids but can't remember when it improves!!!

Starlight85 Sat 21-Jan-17 12:27:26

I'm having the same thing with my 3 week out DD. She does sometimes sleep for an hour or two, but I feel like I'm feeding all day. When she does feed it's often for an hour and a half or more and I feel like I struggle to do anything else even things like shower!

icclemunchy Sat 21-Jan-17 12:30:19

The constant nursing at this age is normal, hard work but normal. They're working to up your milk supply. TBH I just used it as a good excuse to watch lots of box sets but I know that doesn't suit everyone.

Just bare in mind housework and stuff can wait. Don't feel like you HAVE to get up and do things (unless you have an older baby obviously) it does get easier. It's worth looking up safe cosleeping and nursing whilst laying dawn, it's the only thing that got me any sleep

icclemunchy Sat 21-Jan-17 12:31:54

Sorry op just seen you have older kids too (sleep deprived by the 2yo!) usually by 6 weeks they're starting to be more settled, you do then have growth spurts and things but it seems a bit more manageable than when they're tiny I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now