We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Infant loss

(2 Posts)
JLewis23 Sun 16-Oct-16 09:43:25

Hello.
I'm an aspiring midwife and have just been offered an Msw job. I have a particular interest in bereavement and after attending an infant loss study day I am determined to change how bereaved families are cared for. I have searched the internet to see what's available and very little comes up. I'm wondering if you know of any groups or support that's available for bereaved women? I'm from Oxford and struggling to find support! I will be ringing my local maternity bereavement ward to see how they operate and what's offered but if you can offer me any help or advice that would be great!

Jade

earthmoon Sun 16-Oct-16 19:35:48

SANDS?? That is a charity I have personally used and would recommend. My hospital sent bereavement midwife to check up on me to do the normal check up and offered few other things. Winston`s wish charity is there to help people explain death other older children you may have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now