Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mastitis help!

(5 Posts)
Gardenbirds123 Thu 09-Jun-16 08:04:31

Got mastitis on front top of left hand boob
Had it before on lower part of boob and was able to feed it off but no matter whAt position I try I can't get her to drain it. Tried hot shower and massage but no good either
Any tips for how I could position her before I get the rigors?
It's on inside (by cleavage rather than aroint) and upper section of left boobsad

chocfireguard Thu 09-Jun-16 08:07:50

No tips for position, but a savoy cabbage leaf in your bra will soothe it and draw out some of it while you arrange to see a Dr for antibiotics. Hth!

ADogCalledLamb Thu 09-Jun-16 09:39:16

You poor thing, it's totally miserable. I used to massage from the lump towards the nipple whilst baby was feeding. Get antibiotics asap and take regular paracetamol. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gardenbirds123 Fri 10-Jun-16 23:13:26

Thanks for all the tips! I Took your advice and also BF with "feet over shoulders" position (from Google)
Now nearly all soreness and redness gone smile
X

ADogCalledLamb Fri 10-Jun-16 23:38:29

Wow well done, I was never brave enough to try that position, glad you're on the mend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now