Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2016 - our babies are here!

(995 Posts)
IslaMann Thu 04-Feb-16 12:39:02

New group for those graduating the ante-natal thread

Mawsymoo Thu 04-Feb-16 14:28:08

Yay! Thanks Isla! Hi all!

Baby is 1 month old today - we've had a rough few weeks with feeding issues and illness. I have mastitis at the moment and I just feel totally worn out. I'm hoping things pick up soon. How is everyone else getting on?

birdbrain21 Thu 04-Feb-16 14:32:05

Hi just place marking thanks for the thread. Dd is 8 days old today if I can count correctly which on the amount of sleep I'm running off is very possible I can't ;)

Rufus200 Fri 05-Feb-16 00:14:25

My boobs have blown up literally, they are getting really painful and are now start only 1 inch under my collar bones. Think the next few days is going to be really painful. Not breastfeeding, still far too ill anyway. Had another episode of ileus this evening. Never have I wanted to fart so much in my life!

Newlywed123 Fri 05-Feb-16 10:06:36

Ooo newthread! Hi everyone grin

Rufus200 Fri 05-Feb-16 16:20:25

Finally been released from hospital. Have the most ridiculous sized breasts I have ever seen. They look like Pamela Anderson's and are excruciatingly painful. I just want my little boobs back! I still haven't pooped properly, still got terrible wind pain. Managing on only paracetamol as too worried the opiod painkillers will make my intestines worse! Just lying on the sofa now with baby next to me in his Moses basket. Just taught 37 year old DH how to use the washing machine for the 1st time, next up is the tumble dryer grin

Jenjen86 Fri 05-Feb-16 21:17:30

Hello everyone DS is 4 days old today. I'm a very proud FTM 😊 he is snuffling away next to me like a little hedgehog. I'm stinging a lot down there when I go to the loo...I had a few small stitches so I guess this is normal?

MaisieDotes Sat 06-Feb-16 01:55:25

Hi everyone! Just checking in. My usual prolific MN posting has been cut right back due to having a babe in arms at all times!

Everything is going well so far, the only issue to date is that DS2 has a tongue tie but we are having it seen to on Monday. My nipples are in shreds already though confused

mawsy I can't believe your baby is over a month! You were due a day or two before me and there's a month age difference between the the babies, it's mad.

Mawsymoo Sat 06-Feb-16 04:01:55

Oh maisie we had the same issue with the tongue tie and because it was minor they decided to leave it - things got better as they said it would but now this week I've a host of new problems and rightly or wrongly I'm blaming the tongue-tie! My supply seems to have dropped since I got mastitis and I had to give 2 x 2oz top-ups of formula yesterday. Hopefully you'll

Mawsymoo Sat 06-Feb-16 04:08:43

Sorry hit post by mistake. ..

As I said - hopefully getting the tie snipped will sort everything for you. I had such an easier time feeding DS1!

At the moment it feels like I'm way ahead but in another few months the age difference will be less! maisie how is your older DS coping with the new arrival? We are still having difficulties here though I see little moments of hope that things will get better - he was trying to give DS2 some toys on Thursday which was a first!

Actually I meant to ask you something - have you ever gone to the baby book club in the new library near you? If so is it any good? I was thinking of bringing DS1 at some stage - more for the outing on the "choo choo" than anything else as he hasn't been on one yet!

Mawsymoo Sat 06-Feb-16 06:51:18

Sorry to post again but since 3am I've had 20 mins sleep - it's been non -stop feeding. Probably got 2 hours before that. And DS1 will be up in the next few minutes so that's it for me sad. The nights are so long and lonely.

Stepawayfromthezebras Sat 06-Feb-16 06:58:23

Thanks for starting the thread isla smile I'm currently trying to decide whether I can put dd I'm her moses basket so I can get some toast. Still get MASSIVE hunger pangs in the early hours.

rufus boobs are crazy in the early days! Mine still are for someone who's been an a cup all her life but I'm getting used to them. Not sure what happens if you're not bf'ing though

Mawsymoo Sat 06-Feb-16 13:03:02

Another A cup here so during bf they seem massive (though in reality they're not! ). Unfortunately once I stopped bf last time they ended up even smaller than ever before so I'm expecting similar this time sad. If you don't bf at all I believe they go pretty much back to normal eventually (according to my friend anyway!)

clumsypots Sat 06-Feb-16 13:27:46

Hi everyone

mawsy I have been feeding non stop too although babypots has put on over 6oz in 2 days and we have been discharged by the midwife so I'm pleased.

rufus that sounds awful, hope you are feeling better soon!

jen yes that's normal, with my first the midwife recommended putting a few drops of teatree oil, lavender oil and an egg cup of milk in a full bath and soaking in it to help heal, then having a shower as normal.

Newlywed123 Sat 06-Feb-16 14:12:29

Is anyone else getting baby blues?

I felt fantastic. The first 3 days and then started to feel really weepy and weak. Just came out if no where. Letti is 6 days old and I feel like they're never going to go away. Even thought I know they will. Had them alot worse with my first born. Just feel abut crappy!

IslaMann Sat 06-Feb-16 14:25:24

Not baby blues as such but am definitely more hormonal than usual. Adverts will reduce me to tears, as will my own clumsiness.

Newlywed123 Sat 06-Feb-16 14:29:39

Maybe mines just my hormones, I know last time they were baby blues and they're no we're near as bad. Just get weepy over anything.

MaisieDotes Sat 06-Feb-16 15:16:10

mawsy oh god love you with the mastitis sad My friend was in hospital all last week with it- away from her baby and everything. She couldn't even have him to visit due to flu risk.

No, I've never been to the baby group at the library! I do go in there the odd time to get books for my college course and DS always takes the opportunity to screech really loudly resulting in lots of raised heads from the people studying blush I'm sure it would be fine in the baby group.

Funny you should say about the train- DH took DS on the dart for the first time last weekend, he just brought him to Dalkey dart station and back. That's obviously how desperate he was getting to entertain DS out of the house and away from angry overdue mama grin grin

Things are ok so far with DS1. It's like he hasn't copped on to the baby's presence at all really. He's acting up a bit but he always is like that when DH is home anyway. So I expect the worst is to come when it's me here on my own with the two of them! I'm about to go online and get a sling from Amazon. I ordered a sleepyhead yesterday. Amazon is going to do very well out of me I think. I'm in the mindset of "bigger the expense of it makes life easier!" (Much to DH's dismay grin )

If you go to the library thing let me know how you get on, and I'll let you know if I go smile

MaisieDotes Sat 06-Feb-16 16:25:31

Bugger the expense- is what I meant to say!

My phone is more polite than I am!

Mawsymoo Sat 06-Feb-16 18:13:36

Maisie our trip on the dart will be a short one too! The book club is on next Wednesday so I doubt I'll make it this month - maybe March.

Let me know how you get on with the sleepyhead as I'm going to have to try and put DS2 down in his own bed at some stage once I get some energy back!

Newly I had the baby blues and they're the pits but they do pass. Just cry as got need to. I'm having a rough time again now with everything - I know it's the tiredness and sickness speaking but I feel like I'm failing at everything at the moment. Apart from a couple of hours this morning baby has been feeding non-stop since 3am and I'm feeling sore. When he's not latched on he's crying. I feel like I'm getting things very wrong

birdbrain21 Sat 06-Feb-16 20:06:37

Oh @#$* think dd1 age 2.5 has chicken pox! She was a bit miserable last week which we put down to tiredness but now noticed quite a lot of little red spots on her. It's catchy for 2 days before spots appear so she'sbeen giving 10 day old dd cuddles and touching her blankets etc really don't know what to do!

MaisieDotes Sat 06-Feb-16 21:12:09

mawsy I'm sorry you're struggling. You are definitely not failing, don't say that sad

I always think 6 weeks is the turning point. If you can hang on with the feeding and everything until then. When the baby starts smiling properly it makes such a diference too.

I'm going to get the tongue tie looked at on Monday. I'll report back. Have you made a definitive decision on your baby's tt?

When we got ds1's snipped it made a massive difference.

Newlywed123 Sat 06-Feb-16 22:01:09

Oh Mawsy don't say that, you definitely aren't failing! I bet you're doing a fantastic job!

I was getting angry at myself in the early hours of the morning because she just wouldn't latch in. My husband heard me. Sat up, cuddled me and told me how fantastic I was. He's definitely keeping me together. He knows I start to feel down around the afternoon when the tiredness kicks in, he pulls me close to give me a cuddle and asks how I'm feeling. Which Is helping alot smile

birdbrain hope it's not chicken pox! My 21month old woke up really ill yesterday with temp of 39, luckily she's clung to her dad and slept 7pm-9am and has been a little better today.

clumsypots Sat 06-Feb-16 23:00:55

mawsy you are not failing I promise flowers

bird can you give midwife a call to put your mind at rest? I hope she is feeling better soon, your little/big one too newly

Mawsymoo Sun 07-Feb-16 00:06:07

Thanks guys. Better days ahead hopefully.

Birdbrain I'm sure baby will still have a lot of your immunity at this stage so don't panic too much, but talk to someone if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now